Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long was your hospital stay?

I was two days.

It really seems to vary quite a bit, depending on the surgeon.

I stayed one night, but my surgeon actually asked me if I wanted to stay or go home. I went hone because I had someone staying with my kid and didn't want to inconvenience them any longer than was necessary. I would of stayed a second night if I didn't have that situation.

Surgery at 3pm, out by 9am, shopping by 10am. Back the 3rd day to have drain removed. I had no nausea or pain and could drink (sip) just fine, so I would have been very bored actually staying in the hospital that whole time.

I spent one night and discharged around lunch time the next day.

I stayed overnight...that was all I needed and that was all I could stand!! Not because of pain, because that was very well controlled. Not because of the hospital, because the hospital and staff all were absolutely great!! It was because I had a very bad, noisy whining and complaining roommate!! Now sure what he was in for, but man did this guy complain, and he seemed to have a big issue with me using the bathroom...I think he thought it was his and not ours to share!! But anyway, I digress...most people I know and spoke to pretty much had an overnight stay and that's about it.

2 glorious (cough) days! I was thankful for all 48 hrs of them...

Ugh I stayed 3 nights. Surgery was 9:30am on a Tuesday and I went home at noon on Friday. But I also had a hiatel hernia repair that was huge and also removal of my lap band port (wasn't removed when the actual band was removed as that was an emergency situation and I was not stable). I was in a lot of pain and was so so nauseous after the sleeve, but was absolutely fine when they released me.

I spent three nights in the hospital,but that was because I had nausea and vomiting the day after and couldn't keep anything down. That put me a day behind as far as liquids. By the day I went home I was keeping Jello and broth down. So was released to go home.

I am having my surgery on monday the 15th. I am going to enjoy however long i am there even if i am in pain becaue i am a single mother and i will pretend this is a vaction. I love my daughter this is why i am doing this but it will be nice to know she is well taken care of so i can get the rest that i will need. She is so hyper from the moment she wakes till the fight with bedtime and she accidentally falls asleep. Haha

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches