Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

I definitly want to kayak someday. I go canoeing on the Ausable every summer and every time I go I think about how much fun it would be to kayak.

it feels as good as it looks. I've been on most of the rivers in the UP, we go out on Lk Superior at least once a week all summer. You will love it.

hi all havn't posted in a while and was just catching up with everyone when i came across this, i used to love cycling many years ago and think i would really enjoy taking it up again, my query is i have a bit of arthritis in my knees would it make them worse ....jenny

hi all havn't posted in a while and was just catching up with everyone when i came across this, i used to love cycling many years ago and think i would really enjoy taking it up again, my query is i have a bit of arthritis in my knees would it make them worse ....jenny

PT is my job, your knees will thank you for the exercise.

Think of it like this, there is a rusty hinge on a door, if you don't open the door often, the rust builds up until you can't open it. Your knee joint is the hinge, the arthritis is the "rust" there is great truth to the old saying, "if you don't use it, you lose it."

that is true about the arthritis in the knees and bicycling. my doctor told me that was the best exercise.

has anyone ever tried a recumbant bicycle? sitting up on a bike makes my butt, back and wrists hurt.

Thanks a lot for the biking map. It's helped me a lot to know more about the actually distance I ride each day. I am glad to know--I was off by only 1/2 mile. So now I know what it takes to get in that 5 miles each day.

I must admit--I took off 4 days--due to my muscles being sore. I am back at it again. I have to get back into the swing. I gotta say--miss 1 or 2 days--no problem. Miss 4...It felt like I had never went up any hill. I struggled going up a hill I've gone up at least 20 to 30 times over the past 8 weeks.

Now--next week is right around the corner. I am supposed to get my second fill on June 13th--1PM. I talked to my nurse--so she scheduled the fill. I was feeling hungry--I didn't like that at all. Now since the week that was almost taken off--I've started using Hoodia-X57.It's that natural catus herb that helps cut the appetite. Hey--I learned this from one of the Lap band people here. It does work. It worked so well....I didn't want to eat much this morning--so I went back to the 4-0z yogurt and totally missed out on lunch. "Appetite Depleted"...I need to get me at least 2 more bottles....Lee

Holy crap I freaking did it. I am sitting in my offivce typing this and staring at my bike. I made it the 11.2 miles to work!!! It took me about an hour and 40 minutes but that included a 10 minute Water break. So 1.5 hours for 12 miles not too shabby. Especially since the longest I have ever riden in one stretch is 6 miles.

I think I am going to have DH pick me up though.

babygirl!!!!

man thats fantastic!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! i remember the first time i hit 8 miles i felt this really great sense of accomplishment i hadnt felt in a very long time.

I rode my bike in this morning but here in maine my ride to work is only four blocks, and all downhill. I havent been riding home very often. Walk yes, but thats a steep climb on a bike. i need to ride more or get to the gym. I put on two new lbs this morning.

Fantastic JOB!!!

I have only hit 10.7 miles and I did once and thought I had lost all energy levels in my body--lol

Great Job-!!!!!

I think I could have made it home but I was in a hurry because I had a lot of things to do so I had DH pick me up. Honestly I feel great. I am not tired or anything. I even managed to do some running this afternoon (20 minutes straight for the first time ever). I am thinking that for every day I ride my bike to work I am going to put away the same amount of gas money the trip would have cost me and at the end of the summer buy myself something nice. Like maybe a bodybugg. Man I really want one of those things.

You guys are inspiring to try a spinning class! I'm so nervous that I won't be able to do it, but I guess I won't know if I don't try. I do Water aerobics everyday, but it's really getting too easy, even though I love it.

Ok, so I bought myself a new bike last night. Man, what a difference! I dreaded getting on the old one, it was hard to pedal, the seat sucked (even with a gel cover) and the brakes didn't work well, despite being adjusted a hundred times.

New bike rides like a dream, smooth, easy to pedal, nice seat, I can ride longer now....I'll keep you posted on my progress...