Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

If you don't know about it already, here is an invaluable item. If you do know about it, here is a coupon! These guys are pretty funny, too, as you will see. I've included the whole email:

Hello Stefanie:

Thank you, again, for your recent Road ID Order (Order # xxxxxx-xxxxx). You have made a very wise investment in your safety and peace of mind - it's quite obvious that you are a highly intelligent individual.

We are thrilled to have you as a customer and hope that we can count on you to spread the word about Road ID. In fact, to make it fun to spread the word, we created a unique coupon for you pass along to your friends! Here's the coupon number:

Coupon Number: ThanksStefanie359657

This coupon is good for $1 off any Road ID order. It can be used up to 20 times in the next 30 days.

To make things even easier, we wrote a sample email that you can forward to your buddies. You can find the sample email below.

Thanks again for spreading the word about Road ID.

Be safe out there,

Edward Wimmer

Co-Owner

800-345-6336

SAMPLE EMAIL: Feel free to copy the following text and paste it into a new email to your friends.

**********Begin Sample Email**********

Hey Everyone,

I just ordered one of the best products ever. It's called a Road ID - perhaps you've heard of it. If you haven't, go to their website and check it out. Road ID is a great product that could save your life someday.

When I ordered, they gave me a coupon that I could pass along to my friends. Here's the coupon number:

Coupon Number: ThanksStefanie359657

The coupon is good for $1 off any Road ID order placed by 04/26/2008. To order, simply go to
or click the link below:

If you prefer, you can call them at 800-345-6335.

You can thank me later,

Stefanie Stanphill

Oh by the way, their website is awesome, the customer service is outstanding, and the owners are very smart and good looking.

**********END Sample Email**********

TX

OMFG, I just ordered one of those yesterday and sent the email to BG and HP (because I don't have anyone else's email in my gmail acct.)

I got the pink one, how about you????

I think it's important to have something that says I've got a lapband, but I didn't want to wear a medical ID Bracelet.

Two great minds...........

Oh dammit! Well you might want a second? LOL I got the basic black wrist band in the interactive style. I like the idea of being able to update it for when we go on vacation or when I'm doing events and such. I can't wait to get it!

Yes, great minds....

B,

No Chi Town???? Oh, I'm crushed! I bet your wife is pleased though not to have you across the country. I was hoping you'd become a mid-westerner like the majority of us here. Stef and Texas still get to have you. Alas.

On the one hand, I'm pretty bummed about it - I was looking for something new and an opportunity to live somewhere new (and relatively near you midwesterners. On the other hand, based on my experience with the interview/hiring (or lack thereof) process, I probably dodged a bullet. I think the wife is happy not to have to contemplate living in a small apartment until we could sell the house. She is bummed for me though. Funny, literally the day I decided to pull the plug on the deal, my current boss came up to me and gave me the go-ahead to do some projects that I have been recommending for years.

Traveling like that is rough. Might I suggest a skinny latte with sweetener, if you are looking to shave a few calories but still get that caffinated frenzied feeling? It's my drug, er I mean drink, of choice.

That's what the wife suggested - I'll have to do some empirical research this weekend to figure out how I like my latte... Can think of worse things than making a few trips to sbux...

All my writings about Starbucks has me so into that place it's freakish...my HR class has me delving deeping into a corporation's practices, and since where I work is broken badly, I was sent out to pick a public company. I chose *$, and now know everything their PR department has put out there. I'm pretty certain they're not as fantastic as it all seems, but I'm in love with them as an organization, anyway.

XO, Dude. We're thinking of you.

Very cool. It will be interesting to see how their recent changes play out over time...

B

Hello-o-o-o-o? Where did everyone go? <sniff>

I'm so excited! My RoadID is en route to me! I can't wait to get it and get it all set up! And I'll have it in time for Tour Dallas next Saturday, which is cool! Oh, and I went onto the accessories page and ordered extra bands for the ID...ankle and shoe, since I'm not sure which I'll prefer yet.

Hey, I've heard/read about larger riders/runners being called Clydesdales and Athenas, but does anyone have info on what qualifies one as such?

Edited by TexasFire67

Hi Stef!

Sure has been quiet around here lately. Is that a sign of Spring?!?!?!?

I miss everybody, but can't blame 'em for catching a few moments of good weather when they can. I saw that Road ID...very cool! I might have to get one myself! Always a good idea to have something like that on ya when you can't speak for yourself. Especially when you have had anatomy altering surgery, implants, allergies, etc.

Have a good night!

~C

Hi, C! :tongue_smilie:

Yeah, hopefully everyone is out catching some good weather!

The RoadID is a great idea. I really don't like my medical ID Bracelet and never wear it. I thought I would like it, but it bothered me on both wrists. It didn't "sit well" next to my watch, and it sure didn't look right next to my charm bracelet on the other wrist. So I quit wearing it just a couple weeks after I got it.

<SIGH>...I want implants.

Impants! :tongue_smilie: Once I get to goal I'm totally getting the LBL, boob lift and implants!! haha

Road ID looks great! I should get one, in case I keel over trying to ride more than a mile. Haha.

Been cold/windy/rainy here. I bought a new seat for my bike, designed for women... or so the package says. Once I actually get it ON the bike and give her a ride I'll let you know.

You won't keel over, ZZ! Jeez, Louise! LOL

I've never looked into it...what does a hot set of knockers run, anyhow? I'm totally losing my boobs, dang it! When I put on a decent sports bra, you can hardly tell I have any! That compression works TOO good!

Oh! I picked my bike up tonight from my LBS, so I get to try out my new aerobars now! I won't get to ride until Saturday, and only if it doesn't rain. I hope the weather holds for me! I'm pretty sure I will need to adjust the seat...I'll have to wait and see.

Hey Stef... on your Road ID, what did you put on your second line? I don't want to put my city/state cause I plan on moving in a year... should I put a phone number or what? I hate making decision!

I know what you mean! I didn't want to put my city and state, either...but I did. Somewhere on that site is a list of funny quotes people have put on that line, but I can't find it now. Stuff like "Keep Pedaling" or whatever. It wasn't that lame, there was good stuff on there. I'll try to find it again and send you the link.

If anyone else finds it first, please send ME the link! I may order a secondary plate so I don't have to switch out with the other bands.

<---- Looking for the silver lining......

Oh I found it. At least it was not super cold this morning when I had to shovel the 3" of snow we got last night.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread for posting, but have been reading up little by little. Stef can attest to my exercising, but I just decided w/i the past month to try for a sprint triathlon by the end of the summer. So, I decided I needed a good road/fitness bike. Found one at a local bike shop chain. Picked it up yesterday and did a quick 2 mile ride after working out last night. Could have done much more, but it was in the upper 30's and I was in shorts and no gloves.

Anyway, here is a pic of my new bike:

giant_fcr3_07_m.jpg

Closeout and the last one they had in their entire chain in XL for me as I am 6'3". It is perfect. I have a guy on my softball team that is going to go on rides with me. Already planning a 50 mile roundtrip in a couple of weeks when it starts to really warm up.

Thanks for the great motivation and advice to each other on bikes. I did alot of research on what I read on here. I'll keep you all posted on how it is coming with the riding.:blush: