Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Just a quick note, I'm sitting in Dr office waiting room. Shouuld get a much needed fill today. God knows I need it! Then maybe a haircut. I have a short "byke" ride scheduled with GF tomorrow as long as Dr OKs it. Not used to seeking and or following Dr's orders but I am committed to make this band work LongTerm, for me.

Hope everyone is well. Will post new toy alert/ pics when I get home. (Pedals)!!

JgonnastartshrinkingagainC

I cant wait to see them JC...

May anyone tell me what has been going on woth the site this week>>>> It seems to be down a awful lot???

BG I hope the snow missed you.

We are picking up Johns bike tommorow......WOOHOOO

Since LBT wasn't working eariler, I spent my morning on eBay. Lol. I'm selling my super fat clothes... and spending my prfits on things like a new Coach purse. haha.

"haha" my ASS! Coach is no laughing matter, my dear! It is my FIRST AND FOREMOST addiction! Which one do you want? My last one was the legacy frame purse and matching wallet in chocolate signature fabric! Wow, hubby picked that one and I accepted before he looked at the price tag! OUCH! But he did it anyhow! Gotta love him, he's so good to me! And in Vegas last November when he hit those two slots in a row, he took me straight to Ceasar's Palace Coach and got me a purse, swingbag (in that pic of me golfing out there), wallet, and IPOD case all matching! I LOVE COACH!

HP- 3-5 inches tonight. It's going to be a white Easter.

OMG...I can't even get a white Christmas! I'm so sorry the snow gods are keeping you from riding BIG SEXY!

Just a quick note, I'm sitting in Dr office waiting room. Shouuld get a much needed fill today. God knows I need it! (Pedals)!!

YIPPEE! I hope this helps you BUNCHES, JC! I've been worrying about ya!

May anyone tell me what has been going on woth the site this week>>>> It seems to be down a awful lot???

Yeah, serious withdrawls here! :cheers2: The first time was maintenance. Today was a real issue, to my understanding. One of the other mods emailed Alex and he got it back up. Hopefully everything is back on track now.

And just as an aside...regular doc gives me great news today...who the heck finds out they are diabetic AFTER banding and losing most of their weight?!?!? This is really messed up.

I'm so sleepy, so why am I still here? Dunno.

Got a new pair of bike shorts today. The guy at my LBS said keep the tags and return them if they don't perform well for me. I think they will be great, but I'll know for sure tomorrow after my ride.

Hey, did y'all know all this gobble-dee-gook about how to care for your cycling gear? Wow. I knew most, but not all of it. This stuff is too expensive to not abide the rules, though!

Anyhow, I thought I'd leave that part up for anyone who wasn't aware.

pearl_logo.gif

Colors

Description & Care

• Use simple detergents with no additives:
    Never use detergents with fabric softeners, perfumes or any additive type product. The general rule of thumb is the simpler the better. Many detergents with additives leave "surfactants" behind on a fabric's fibers that inhibit the technical performance. Typically the best detergents to use will have "Clear" or "Free" in their names. Don't pour the detergent directly onto the clothing, put it in the washer first, when you start the Water. If something is not functionally working, but is not dirty, try rinsing it twice in warm to hot water. This will help get rid of the harmful surfactants.

Read the care content label:
    On the inside of your garment, or on the hangcard, there are instructions for the care of that individual piece. On garments this will be on a side seam or back seam label. Follow those directions. On finer fabrics, use a "Gentle" cycle. Close all zippers, attach "hook and loop" closures on gloves

You can use the dryer, carefully:
    If you use a dryer be sure to use a lower / warm heat setting (Do NOT use a commercial dryer or a "Hot" setting). This will often restore the fabric and help the water and wind repellent qualities. If in doubt, hang the clothing to dry.

• W's P.R.O. MicroSensor® Short
    $124.99 yellow_bullet.gif Style no. 0402
    •Women’s specific fit •MicroSensor® cross-dyed fabric •Direct-Vent panel for increased ventilation •New Women’s 08' 3D Pro Chamois •Comfortable Pearl Izumi spandex leg grippers •8-inch inseam •Content: Short: 69% Nylon/16% Polyester/15% Lycra®

©2008 Pearl Izumi

Wow Stef that is crazy. How bad is it? Are you going to need insulin or is it just controllable through diet?

HP- not so lucky. In fact we got probably 8 inches total last night. The drive to church was not too bad, just a little slippery at the end. The funny part was pulling into the parking lot there. It is a steep slope so everyone was sliding. My friend was driving her friends Mercedes behind me and I was praying to not slide backwards and hit the Benz. But leaving church was bad. The roads were a sheet of ice. We went out to dinner and left the resturant 2 hours later. The roads were still bad but at least they was snow over all the ice. The 25 minute drive home took me about an hour. Anyhow here are some fun photo from in the car leaving the parking lot at church and outside my house this morning.

post-213479-13813136726965_thumb.jpg

post-213479-13813136727185_thumb.jpg

post-213479-13813136727378_thumb.jpg

Yucky snow!!! Ack BG. You need to pack your shit and move south!!

Stef (or TX, whatever!) - WHAT?!?! How could you be diabetic after losing weight!?!? Ugh! I know in Sept my regular doc told me I was insulin resistant... which is annoying in itself. we need more details.

Oh, and COACH!! I've always loved it, but NEVER could afford it. I barely pay my bills, seriously, which is also why I had to buy an old used bike while ya'll got fancy ones. Haha. I was going to treat myself to a NEW Coach bag for my birthday in May, but yeah... it can't happen cause I have bills. So I decided to search eBay. I got this one for $55 plus shipping, it's not new, it's "gently used" but wtfever. I don't care. Now I'm bidding on a matching wallet. Haha. THEN one of the secretaries at work told me about the website http://www.bagborroworsteal.com (I hope I typed that in right.)

Here is a pic of the one I got. I think it's a mini soho.

post-43821-13813665866479_thumb.jpg

post-218832-13813136727555_thumb.jpg

GOsh BG.......it is soooo time for spring....that is just crazy!!!!!

Love coach purses....do not own one, but defiantly like.....LOL

We are off to pick up my husbands bike today....funny.....he insisted we go Today!!! Ha

Hey J, how does it feel to be in ONEDERVILLE? Big time congrats on your success!

BG, I thought you would rather enjoy 8 inches! LOL Sorry I could not help. myself I hope all of you in the Northern states get a break from the harsh weather. I can only try to imagine how frustrating it must be for all of you.

TX, thanks for the well wishes.

So, Doc hooked me up with 1.8 ccs. We are going to take it slow once again. Although I have a 10cc VG band I am feeling the assistance once again!

Now for the new toy alert......... I snagged a nice set of Speedplays off Ebay. Now I need some shoes my lakes are not designed for this style peddle. Any suggestions????

JC

post-219402-13813136728198_thumb.jpg

post-219402-13813136728289_thumb.jpg

Hi Gang.

You all are killing me with the Coach purse discussion. The only purse I own is a coach and it's more like a big bag. However, I've been thinking about carrying a purse again...so of course it's got to be a coach...we'll see...I'm feeling inspired.

Onederland is pretty awsome. Funny to see the other side of 200, which I've never seen in my adult life. I'm thrilled. JC, I thought most pedal systems could be hooked on to any cycling shoe. I have Nikes.

Stef, you're diabetic? Give the details.

BG, your snow flurried down here for a few hours today but nothing stuck.

This website sucks now. I wrote a long entry, a little bit of something for everyone and it never landed.

Annoyed!

Well we picked his bike up today and I got to ride it some before we left. I love it I am glad he got it so we can trade off.-- know only thinking of me!!! Anyway jc I thought some pedals go with certain shoes? I have schimmano pedals and cleats but can use any shoe. My cleats match the pedal. I want some speedplays so you will have to let me know how you like them. Bg I am sorry uhave so much snow the weather has to let up soon. It is 39 here and I'm in shorts. I am fighting the weather!!

OK im super excited today!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hit another milestone

298!!! Im under freaking 300!!!!

At this rate im going to do 200lbs in 12 months!

I cant tell you how long since ive been under 300!!!!!!

Whos,

That's fantastic! There's that line, like 200 for me, that I've just not seen in a long, long time.

It's a great feeling! You should be proud. And yes sir, keep your eye on the prize and you'll be under 200 very soon!

Congratulations!!!!