Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Hey BG - Sorry to hear about the evil M&Ms... I'm like you - I'm fine if I stay away from the sugar, but as soon as I get a little bit, I can't quit - even when I have a nasty buzz from it and feel like I'm going to be sick. Just. Can't. Stop...

Drink lots of Water - hope you're over the withdrawals soon...

B

Hi everyone....I am busy getting ready for daughters New Years Eve party tonight. Oh boy, am I dense for telling her she could have one....LOL....Anyways, DH and DD go back to their normal lives in a few days and then I will be back on to talk to ya all....Deanna

Hi D! Glad to see you with us! Although the holiday break is nice, it will be nice for everyone to get back to their routines, won't it...

B

Did my 10+ mile ride today. Had to do the walk of shame three times. After reviewing the HRM data though...

web.jpg

... it's no wonder. All of the walks of shame occurred when my heart rate was above it's predicted max of 178bpm.

Tomorrow, I'm going to ride 15+, but not on this route - a few too many steepish hills.

It's funny how things change. Yesterday, I left the Water bottles on the back of the car and briefly thought about calling it a day. I didn't, though. I pressed on and finished.

Today, I realized that I lost my take-a-look rearview mirror. For a moment, I thought that I should go back home to find it, knowing full well that I wouldn't come back out to do the ride. I decided to press on and ride the ride. I felt a little paranoid not being able to see what was behind me, but I rode. Same thing after the second walk of shame - part of my brain was saying "this is too hard, let's wrap it and call it a day."

It's strange how we have these self-sabotaging thoughts, and how, over time, we respond differently to them.

Bike on!

B

btw - the take-a-look isn't at the house, either. Good thing I didn't come looking for it :scared:

Happy New Year Kids!

I'm still at Alison's. Everyone is sick including me. I'm coughing and hacking and allowing people to sleep so here I am on the computer... I know it's 8 am, but Zoe stayed up to ring in the new year with us and she's going to be out for an other hour. Alison is coughing worse than me. Ugh.

I have a 5 hour drive later today part of which is in some snow. BTW, BG, we did sled/tube thing yesterday and it was a hoot. Sledding at Echo Valley if you find yourself in western MI. I hate to leave, but I need to get home.

I got on a Spinning bike yesterday, and feel it in my ass today. I haven't sat on a bike seat since October, I don't know why I thought I'd be pain free....

Glad to see HP and D poke in your heads. Miss you guys.

Aww J that sucks that you guys are all sick. I was afraid to call ya the other day since I knew Zoe was feeling crappy. I didn't want to wake her up if she was sleeping. And thanks for the link. I was wondering what the name of that place was

Anyhow this is my June plan 27th Annual Pedal Across Lower Michigan (PALM) Bike Ride

Anyone else interested? Midwest people? JENNJENN? I am going to get a tag a long and take DD with me. DH has pretty much vetoed his attending but what can ya do?

BG...did you see the awesome jersey that they have???? Now that is kool.....where exactly is that anyway??? I guess I should google it...

Did anyone realze that wine does not help weight loss at all????? LOL.....I have got to get back too normal and back to business. B is putting me too shame...he had his surgery 3 months after me, and has already gone below where I am.....that is so NOT cool....I have got to get my ass in gear here. It sucks I have not been able to go riding....BUT......THIS WEEKEND WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE TEMPS IN THE HIGH 50'S......WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

WELL, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

HP it starts right on Lake Michigan and ends on Lake Erie. The nice part is that it ends at Sterling State park which is like 20 minutes south of my house. Anyone who come on the ride is welcome to come to the after party at my house lol.

And yeah the jersey is pretty sweet.

J - Sorry to hear that all of you are sick - no fun at all. Be careful on the long drive home.

BG - The PALM sounds like a great bike ride. Might be interested if the word "hotel" was substituted for "camping" and "tents" :party:

HP - Patience m'dear. We'll all end up where we need to be. The weight loss of the last few weeks has been greatly enhanced by being able to get out and ride the bike. Yesterday's ride was good for 1,002 calories. I've been riding a lot in the upper 30s and lower 40s, and I don't have the proper cold weather gear. If it does get into the 50s this weekend, get out there and ride. Just wear some sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt. Are you still planning to get the road bike out by the beginning of the riding season?

I did not make the ride I had scheduled for today. Yesterday's ride with it's several visits into HRmax-land wiped me out. I put the bike back on the trainer stand, put the speedplays back on, and I'll take a nice leisurely training ride tonight - enough to get the blood moving through my legs, but not a strenuous workout.

I hope everyone's enjoying their day. I need to finish a paper, but I've been finding everything under the sun do to but write. I even cleaned out the refrigerator - took out all the shelves and scrubbed them up. Will be so glad when this semester is over.

B

Me Tooooo...lol

Thanks B...i Know...just Feeling Sorry Or Me Tday:)

AND YES!!!! I am getting my bike first of Feb...I cant wait