Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any December 30th Sleevers ?!

• msladyjj44 Sometimes I have that and then I stop drinking or eating until it stops. When it stops I drink or eat slower with smaller bites or sips.

@ Karenlrn thanks. I emailed the nurse today and she said that it is normal to have the stomach spasms as my stomach is trying to adjust to food and drinks. I have to just keep trying until it goes away. It's only been a week. I will keep fighting.

I had my surgery a week ago today. I think things are going well…the most annoying thing is the drain that the Dr. left in. Also I have some chest pain that comes and goes. I am chalking it up to gas…it feels like a heaviness, and I am having some back pain on my left side midway down the back. Other then that I am tolerating things well and when I weighed myself this morning I had lost 15 pounds since the morning I checked in for surgery at the hospital. As crazy as this sounds that almost scared me a bit…I didn't expect to lose that much so fast….but I suppose it would be ridiculous to complain about that:) I have pants that fit me now that didn't fit when I left for the hospital! Excited to see what the year brings!!!

I had my surgery a week ago today. I think things are going well…the most annoying thing is the drain that the Dr. left in. Also I have some chest pain that comes and goes. I am chalking it up to gas…it feels like a heaviness, and I am having some back pain on my left side midway down the back. Other then that I am tolerating things well and when I weighed myself this morning I had lost 15 pounds since the morning I checked in for surgery at the hospital. As crazy as this sounds that almost scared me a bit…I didn't expect to lose that much so fast….but I suppose it would be ridiculous to complain about that:) I have pants that fit me now that didn't fit when I left for the hospital! Excited to see what the year brings!!!

That is interesting that you have a drain, and that after a week you still have it in. When are they going to remove it? My Dr. doesn't put in drains.

I am having the drain out in the morning!! My Dr. does it for all of his patients…I believe besides the collection of extra fluids, its a safety precaution because if the fluids were to turn an unsightly color(greenish)they would spot any infections immediately. It hasn't been to bothersome but I am ready for it to come out!!

@ dianahhh...What does that mean exactly? My large incision on the right side is what's giving me trouble? Has a knot over the incision that is painful. I was told to put a heating pad on it and drink Water.

What does a drain mean? It's a plastic pump that sucks the fluids out from your insides. I haven't had any issues with my right side incision, But I see some people who have on this site.

We were quiet yesterday. It's nice seeing how everyone is. Thanks!

TMI warning: As we all have screen names so even if we sit side by side at work I will admit this... I stink. Not an unclean stink but the "Amusement Park" and the underarms too - kind of sour/metallic. I've been reading that happens but ugh. Granted it's not somewhere that there's more than one guest and he's equally as in awe with this process and patiently listens. I started packing wet wipes for a midday refresh.

Hi everyone! I had my surgery 12/29 and I'm feeling good except, I just can't drink another Protein Shake, I hate them now. I'm scared. I'm tolerating food great, sleeping wonderfully but I've only lost a pound this week. I lost 10 last week. I'm scared. I'm still on Soups (tomato and cream of chicken) and cottage cheese. My sleeve is a good girl for the most part, I don't get gas or pain or anything anymore.

What are you guys eating? I see the nutritionist on Tuesday and I can't wait to eat eggs. I'm nervous I'm doing something wrong that will sabotage my weight loss. I guess I'm just really stressing over this whole eating thing. It just doesn't interest me anymore.

Help!

@@oatmealgirl

I constantly worry about what I'm eating too. I was sleeved on 12/29 too and lost 8 lbs last week and have been at a stall this week. I was using Unjury Protein Powder in my mashed potatoes, cream Soups, broths and flavored waters. I haven't been able to drink a full Protein Shake since pre-op. I'm wondering if my weight stall is because of all the carbs. I imagine mashed potatoes and cream soups probably aren't super low in carbs. I'm taking it with a grain of salt for now. I need the variation in food to help me get through. Once I'm on full foods again I'll be able to swap out the potatoes for some veggies. I'm actually looking forward to it lol.

I'm tired of what I can eat too. I can try eggs next Wednesday and go on pureed foods. I can also try ricotta bake then. I can't wait. I'm tired of the full liquid diet.< /p>

I haven't been on here much since I came home from surgery...and I hope this doesn't sound terrible, but I'm glad to hear everyone else is struggling just as much as I am lol. It's 10 days post op for me. I don't have alot of pain, but everyday seems so different from the last. Yesterday, I felt good, cleaned my house and walked 30 min on the treadmill. Today, I don' t feel like eating or drinking anything and I'm tired. Something else I'm tired of is this liquid diet. This week I progressed to refried Beans and/or cottage cheese...but neither one seem to go down very well. The good news is I'm down 10 pounds from surgery date so I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

I cheated and had a pureed dish today instead of waiting until wed. I had a very small portion of eggfaces ricotta bake which I made tonight. It was great but I feel guilty.

I am getting hungry for real food and still on Clear Liquids /shakes stage. Next week full liquids so I can have creamed Soup strained. I hope it helps a little. It's hard smelling the family dinner and not have anything. I am just going to stick with it. So far lost 17 pounds since the 30th.