Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Helloooooooo anyone there

The letter states: According to the Federal BX benefit department. Bariatric surgery is a covered benefit under your policy. Upon completion of the program a request for authorization for the surgery will be submitted to BX.

I will forward your application to Nancy and shee will contact you to set up an appointment.

This was from Gail King. I guess on Monday it will be my turn to torture them :tongue2: I can't wait until the 11th to hear all about the consultation. :thumbup:

NaniRose, I got a very similar letter today too. From Gail, she says that she spoke with my insurance provider, I will need referrals for each service received through the program, and surgery authorization will be requested when I complete the program.

Mine also refers to Nancy contacting me to set up an appointment. So this is obviously a form letter they send to everyone. Definitely call them on Monday for that appointment.

Do you remember what they said the initial consultation with the bariatric coordinator would be like? I know we weigh in and go over our applications...do we start working on scheduling tests, the psyche eval, and other hoops? Any idea how long the consultation will be? I've got to go in the middle of a work day, so I'm wondering.

Hi Ladies! I am just north of Dover in Milton. There are a few of us comparing notes on Portsmouth. i also went to the May info night. I weighed in and turned my application the day after the seminar. I just got my appointment for the 13th of June, one day shy of a month...I think they got all the applications in and most of the people I have spoken to have a summer time-frame for surgery. Just keep on them and get that appointment. Just a heads-up, the five week Behavior Modification class starts with Dr. Wagner on June 18th, I would at least see if you can start that so you wont have to wait for the next one to start. This class is not due to end until July 23rd, because Dr. Wagner is on vacation the end of June. Hope this helps and keep in touch! Moe

Moe, thanks for the info and good advice. I will definitely ask about the behavior classes when I meet with Nancy on the 11th.

I'm wondering how you went about getting all your appointments lined up. Did you call them directly? And do you know if everyone needs to meet with the physical therapist?

Hi guys I had my band done Oct 4 2006 in portsmouth by Dr. Pacuilli. I love her and the program is great!! Any program that doesn't make you jump through hoops should be questioned. I have lost 81lbs. from 240 (I had been up over 260lbs) to 159 I'm 5'8", and soon to be 46 (June 13). The portsmouth group wants to see you succeed and wants to keep seeing you year after year. The group support meetings are great, informational and supportive. We all support one another! I can't say enough great things about the lap band. I wish you luck and hope to see you at a meeting one day!! Diana:thumbup:

Thanks Diana,

I agree that it should not be an easy process. When I spoke to Nancy and she said "we wouldn't be doing you any favors if we let you have it done any sooner than the two month mark". I know she has my success in mind and commend them for it, I just get very impatient now that I finally have made up my mind:biggrin: Are you going to the support meeting in June? Thanks, Moe

Moe, thanks for the info and good advice. I will definitely ask about the behavior classes when I meet with Nancy on the 11th.

I'm wondering how you went about getting all your appointments lined up. Did you call them directly? And do you know if everyone needs to meet with the physical therapist?

I called and when I spoke to Nancy she said I could call Dr. Wagner and schedule my appointment with him. I called him and he called me twice the same day to make sure we were all set. As far as I know everyone has to see the PT people. I'm hoping they will let me see the group in Rochester to save some gas, but I'll find out on the 13th:biggrin2:

I can't wait for Monday!!!!:thumbup: I am calling everyone the first thing in the morning.:) I want a appointment schedule!!! I don't care for what... anything will do. :thumbup: I want to feel like I am on my way. I am going to have to get aggressive. Wish me luck.

Hi Moe Yes I will be at the meetings. I hope everything falls into place for you! Did you say you live in the lakes region? I live in sanbornville on Lovell Lake. Today was a great day!! Take Care Diana

Hi Moe Yes I will be at the meetings. I hope everything falls into place for you! Did you say you live in the lakes region? I live in sanbornville on Lovell Lake. Today was a great day!! Take Care Diana

I live in Milton Mills, just down the road:) I could probably hit your house with a rock from mine:) I'll be going through Sanbornville to Cindy's for Breakfast tomorrow AM:) Moe

I can't wait for Monday!!!!:thumbup: I am calling everyone the first thing in the morning.:) I want a appointment schedule!!! I don't care for what... anything will do. :thumbup: I want to feel like I am on my way. I am going to have to get aggressive. Wish me luck.

You go girl! Let me know how you make out:) Moe

AHHHHH Cindys what a great place!! After you have the lap band they will let you order off the childs menu! The other day my friend and I went there for lunch and I had a half a cheeseburger, they have the best burgers! If you ever want to ride together to the meetings you can e-mail me at dianahackley@yahoo.com Take Care Diana

Hello everyone......I went to the orientation meeting around Thanksgiving 07 and had my surgery March 17, 2008. Looking back now the time went by so quick. I'm now almost 3 months post banding and have lost a total of 45 lbs....I have Dr. Gens and went through the program at Portsmouth Hospital; they have been so great. I go this Thursday for my first fill......I'm so glad I went with the lapband.

It's nice to see others from the Wakefield area - I also live in Wakefield! If anyone is looking for a walking / workout buddy, I'd love to get together. The post-surgery support group is helpful, wish it could be more than once a month! And this website has been so helpful when I've had questions...

Wendy

Hi Wendy were you at the support group last month? There was a busload of lap banders!! I'm bringing in my sports hoop. I run and bike so if you would like to get together, we could talk. We live right on lovelle lake. Where in wakefield do you live. My e-mail is dianahackley@yahoo.com See you at the meeting tomorrow night! Diana

Hi Diana...yes I was at the meeting last month. I try to get to all the lapband support group meetings! Haven't gone to the general one lately; being careful with gas!!!

I live right off 16 - Grandview Loop. I haven't started running yet, mostly walking and I joined Planet Fitness in Rochester; I bring my daughter as a guest but she doesn't always want to go....

How long have you been banded? How is it going for you?

Hope to talk to you at the meeting.

Wendy