Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hello Everyone,

I didn't leave the house this weekend. Didn't get much done either. I did walk on the treadmill last night at 9.

We shoulda bought that thing a long time ago, it's great. I did a weight loss program on it.

I'm obsessed with the pathwords game on Facebook. I am noticing that it keeps giving the same starting screen over and over, and I keep making the same words over and over.

DH told me about a site called freerice.com

You pick definitions and earn free rice for ??? something I don't remember. I like pathwords better.

Work tomorrow, YUCK, at least no kids will be there it's parent conference day. 3 days off next week for Mardi Gras YEAH!!!!!

Kari- Have fun in Florida

Phyl-Have fun back home

Isn't Janet in Texas?

I wanna go somewhere.

Good Night Everyone

I'm so jealous of everyone's trips. I want to take one somewhere. I'm not really picky. Just somewhere with Jeff only. A couple days away. I think both of us need it.

I tried to talk him into going to Billings a couple of weekends ago but he just blew me off. One of our tiffs. We did talk a bit this weekend. I guess that was my V'day present. I still have his in my closet...but I'm sure he didn't bother to get me anything. Not going there today.

It's snowing here today. Not a lot of snow, but just soft stuff coming down. Maybe it will cover up all the ugly snow. For those of you in the warm, snow gets ugly after about 2 weeks. It gets hard and crusty and dirty looking. I love the look of snow when it's pretty.

Not sure what I'm doing today. I'll get something done. I didn't do much but read a book this weekend.

Glad you had a good trip Janet, share. Phyl, are you standing the cold? How long are you staying there? You have a fill this week don't you? How are the grandbabies?

Okay...off to shower. Have a good day ladies! Happy Monday to all.

I am back girls !!!!! I see you all were pretty chatting this weekend - I am glad to see that...

Had a good time with my Aunt Dot - She wasn't feeling to good when I got there had quite a bit of tummy issues still has chest/breathing issues and some major teeth problems - but Friday got her up and walking a bit - she has 2 girls who come in 1 in the morning to fix her Breakfast and get her up and then another who comes in the evening and gets her ready for bed. Her mind is still pretty good - but her body is sort just worn out - not super steady on her legs - uses a walker but I really think if she tried just a tad more that she could be better - but again I'm not 93 and I think she's just tired - She kept talking about us going on a cruise in May - that would be great - but I just dont' know if she's up to is but again her girls said she brighten up with me comming so maybe it would give her something to look forward to.

I can tell you all this - watching all these old pple at this retirment homes - sorta scared me and also made me glad that I have lost the weight - cuz there aren't any fat pple there (cuz I guess fat pple don't make it to that age 80+ the majority of them) - can't beleive it with the food they serve - chicken fried steak mashed tatoes fish cooked in some cream sauce - fried okra - and tons of Desserts - I don't think they serve the healthiest food for older pple..

I did TERRIBLE ON FOOD - I MEAN TERRIBLE WAS UP 3 LBS THIS MORNING... I have been to the gym this morning already and did 4 miles and burned 400+ calories and go back tonite for weights w/trainer - I saw him this morning and told him to work my ASS off tonite cuz I ate bad bad (sweets - oreo's candy bars trail mix chicken fried steak - cookies)

It' raining and I need to get in the shower and go HEALTHY FOOD SHOPPING.... No more junk - I want the scales back to 138 ~!!!!!!

Guys, you are always great at saying just what I need to hear.

My biggest problem is emotional eating. Or non-emotional eating. It's when I have NO emotions happening that I have struggles. Boredom...nothing to do. Everything is so slippery outside that I can't get out. I'm going to do something today though. I've got to. No tanning beds for me....allergic to the sun. I've thought about getting one of those full spectrum lights but I don't know if it would help. I'm dreaming of spring...but love the snow. That really stinks. Actually, I wonder how we can send men to a space station to live for years, but can't figure out how to build roads that don't ice over. It should be doable. Then it wouldn't matter how cold it is, it wouldn't be slippery.

My back feels really good today. My tooth isn't killing me. I think I could actually chew on that side of my mouth. I'm hoping that not having the pain will help my mood. Keep your fingers crossed.

As for Jeff. You're right, it isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.....but when he acts the way he has been the last 2 weeks, and gets away with it, then when I get angry he says, "well it didn't bother you last time, you're just being moody now." I told him I would come back to sleeping in our bed when we talked about our issues. He looked at me, shrugged, and went to bed. He asked what we were doing for Valentines day. I asked him if we were going to talk by then and he looked at me and said, "I guess maybe," and then walked off. I have a hard time just shrugging it off when I open myself up and he just shrugs me off.

Okay...off to get ready for the day. Have a great day ladies. I'll work on my attitude and mood. Love you all.

Steph - Men - what can I say - Hugs - Write him a letter if he won't talk - I have always done that - I have an easier time in experssing my feelling in a letter than in person... Don't know why - but I can...

Hi Janet; Thanks for the kind words. I am a little less in a FUNK today...

Its been crazy busy and I am looking forward to a longweekend.

You are off to Texas!!! Have a super-cool time, and enjoy yourself... Hugs to your AUnt!

Thanks Candice Yes I had a very good time - but am now a little sad cuz it just maybe the last time I will see her - I don't think she has much more time left - so I am very glad that I went... Today is a holiday for us here in the States - President Day - so I have the day off which I am very glad of cuz traveling tires me out....

I FINALLY DID IT!!!

Talked the DH off the couch and commit to leaving this winter behind. Gonna be AWOL for a few weeks...........starting Monday. I don't know if I'll be able to get on a computer until we get back. Hopefully when we do get back here, spring will be knocking on our doors.:cursing: And I can still maintain where I am at now. Pound wise.

Ok since I read further - I see you are off to FL - your Mom lives there if I remember.... Enjoy the sun !!! Have a good time - I remember you went last year - Your Mom is going to be surprised in seeing the NEW YOU !!!

Yeah, it's so tragic! Hard to watch the news reports, yet can't tear myself away.... hearing familiar names... of streets, etc., and seeing familiar sights. Grew up probably not 10 miles from the crash site. BIL was not at the crash scene. Guess they heard the call come over his radio (vol. fireman), but said a small plane had gone down... no one understood the magnitude of the situation at that point. Plus, he's been sick, so they went to bed.

One of my cousins is a jazz musician... probably knew the two guys from the Chuck Mangione band.

This is kind of cute... my Mom told my youngest sister not to tell me about the plane crash because she knew I am flying to Seattle this weekend and didn't want me to be scared! Uh... I probably knew about it soon after they did because I saw the "breaking news" thing flash on my computer screen.

Phyl - I wouldn't watch the news about the crash since I was getting ready to leave for Texas - My Aunt was afraid for me.

But I wouldn't let it scare me - I figure we had one so another one wouldn't happen right away - plus - I wasn't going anywhere that had bad weather... Yes prayer for the families - it's terrible - we don't think of all the pple who die every day in car accidents - but when there is a plane crash since so many more die at once - but more pple still die in auto accidents every day than in those everynow and then plane crashes..

I have a question for y'all.... there is a gal who posts on this sight ... I think she lives in Colorado... but for the life of me I can't remember her name??? She also owns a condo in the south of FRANCE that she rents out...

Does anyone know who I mean??? I wanted to get in touch with her.

Thanks C

O.k. I remembered her sign on name is CAR

Go to her profile and either send a private message or you may have the choice to send her an email... or you can search her name and get to her profile that way too

Well your stories echo mine! Food has been iffy but with the increased workouts I am still sitting at the same weight. My DH has finally decided that he needs to eat healthier so at least at home the food is getting better. As for work...they put my student teacher on a plan of assistance and are going to provide me with weekly observations for him. Hopefully that will turn things around. He is the worst teacher I have ever seen.

I am having a little knee pain but am working with the athletic trainer at the high school to get it straightened out so that I can go back to marathon training. RIght now I can only run a quarter of what I have been doing. However I have gone back to lifting weights so that is supplementing a little.

Hope everyone has a great valentine's day. I think DH is taking me to dinner. There is a great new restaurant that just opened and we really want to try the Osso Buco they serve.

I love osso buco - had some at costco - but it's veal and since watching a show about veal 20 yrs ago - I won't order it...

Hope you get that knee stronger - becareful... Glad you are working with a trainer

Morning, gang! It's cold here, but I'm enjoying morning hugs from the little guys. Have to find the coffee pot soon, and go to grocery store for some food for me so I won't be grazing on things I shouldn't be eating. Had a good trip here yesterday... smooth flights. No problems.

It's raining right now Phyl (Monday 11:52 a..m) and I have the heaters on....

So, I was sitting at the kitchen table with my 5 yr old grandson, who is not fat, but not skinny either, and he tells me,

"You're kind of FAT, Grandma!"

And I said, "Gee, thanks, Charly!"

And then he says,

"Do you have any trouble finding clothes that fit???!"

Didn't exactly make my day!

:thumbup::rolleyes::eek::biggrin::frown:

:eek::eek::eek:

Grandkids - OMW - Hugs on that one... I guess he doesn't understand the FANTASTIC PROGRESS YOU HAVE MADE IN THE LAST YEAR....

Hello Everyone,

I didn't leave the house this weekend. Didn't get much done either. I did walk on the treadmill last night at 9.

We shoulda bought that thing a long time ago, it's great. I did a weight loss program on it.

I'm obsessed with the pathwords game on Facebook. I am noticing that it keeps giving the same starting screen over and over, and I keep making the same words over and over.

DH told me about a site called freerice.com

You pick definitions and earn free rice for ??? something I don't remember. I like pathwords better.

Work tomorrow, YUCK, at least no kids will be there it's parent conference day. 3 days off next week for Mardi Gras YEAH!!!!!

Kari- Have fun in Florida

Phyl-Have fun back home

Isn't Janet in Texas?

I wanna go somewhere.

Good Night Everyone

Well Denise - Plan a trip - heck you have cruise out of NO - I think that when my GF and I go on our's next year - I will make it so we go out of NO so I can plan 1 day to meet you... or how about our trip this summer (Candice) or fall (Karri Vegas)

I'm so jealous of everyone's trips. I want to take one somewhere. I'm not really picky. Just somewhere with Jeff only. A couple days away. I think both of us need it.

I tried to talk him into going to Billings a couple of weekends ago but he just blew me off. One of our tiffs. We did talk a bit this weekend. I guess that was my V'day present. I still have his in my closet...but I'm sure he didn't bother to get me anything. Not going there today.

It's snowing here today. Not a lot of snow, but just soft stuff coming down. Maybe it will cover up all the ugly snow. For those of you in the warm, snow gets ugly after about 2 weeks. It gets hard and crusty and dirty looking. I love the look of snow when it's pretty.

Not sure what I'm doing today. I'll get something done. I didn't do much but read a book this weekend.

Glad you had a good trip Janet, share. Phyl, are you standing the cold? How long are you staying there? You have a fill this week don't you? How are the grandbabies?

Okay...off to shower. Have a good day ladies! Happy Monday to all.

Steph - You know what me and my Xdh always did well when it was just the 2 of us - Yes I think you need to just plan a weekend for you to and tell him he is going....

Ok gang I gotta get my butt in gear cuz I have to be back at the gym at 5 for weight - and I got stuff to do....

Oh ya - I met another bander (PJtaxlady) for breakfast on Saturday - am going to add our pictures to this post too...

Ok - gotta split will cbl - Love to you all I miss you...

here's the pic's

So, I was sitting at the kitchen table with my 5 yr old grandson, who is not fat, but not skinny either, and he tells me,

"You're kind of FAT, Grandma!"

And I said, "Gee, thanks, Charly!"

And then he says,

"Do you have any trouble finding clothes that fit???!"

Didn't exactly make my day!

:cursing::rolleyes::thumbup::biggrin::eek:

:frown::eek::eek:

Oh my gosh Phyl; that reminded me of the time my Great Nephew (4 at the time) asked me when I was having my Puppies?????

All my family laughed their asses off but it hurt like hell...

*My dog was expecting puppies at the time and I guess our abdomens looked very similar

here's the pic's

Janet, Your Aunt is a Doll!!! We have a holiday here too its called FAMILY DAY... guess the government felt we all needed a lONG Wkend between New Yrs and Easter!!!

Its a long cold winter blecht! Stephanie is right old dirty yucky frozen snow looks pretty bad after awhile.

Yesterday it was dry, sunny (cold) but a nice day all in all. I drove to visit my Mom in her seniors residence. Man she was doing really well. Watched a Golf Tournement while I quilted... When she is watching golf, she transforms into her YOUNGER self and is quite animated. It was fun to hear her talking about her 15 handicap!!!! As she hasn't golfed in at least 10 yrs... but she still recalls it all very well and knows all the pro's Names and Handicaps...

I am bummed, my DD never called for Valantines day!!! I know she is busy but geez, she coulda called her Mommy :rolleyes:

O.K. I'm b ack. Made a cup of tea, and my cals today so far are CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg784,102,22,45

Now that's not great but I still have 250 left for dinner.< /p>

I wrote out my GOAL today, weightloss wize. I have 7 mos. until my DD's wedding in Oct. Therefore if I lose 1 lb. per wk I can be down 28-30 lbs... which would be a great way to whittle away the lbs. towards my ultimate goal. But if I break it down into smaller goals it'll be achievable.

So here I go again... How many times have I re-started this program since banding? Ugh, I give up... just still trying.. I have to get it right sometime.:rolleyes:

Janet, you are so skinny!

Janet -- your aunt CANNOT be 93!!! She is beautiful! OMG! I'm so glad you had a good time. Enjoy her while she is here and never regret the time you got to spend together. Nothing is more important.

Phyl, you dear darling grandson! Kids can be so hurtful when they don't even know it. Probably why it hurts so badly....because they are so honest. Just look at everyone else in his life and smile at what he could say to each of them....I'm sure you're not the only one. My oldest could say the most damaging, innocent, true to the core things when he was little. I know what you are feeling. He loves you though. And we all know how far you have come.

Candice, don't you dare get down on yourself for still setting goals. Good for you! You've done amazing things and no matter how many times you re-start, you ARE restarting!!! There are those of us without the will to take that first step. So cheer yourself on. You're doing great! As for DD not calling, {hugs} I guess I never wished MY mom one either. Sorry from all us unthinking daughters. We love you!!!

Okay...off to do something fun with the kids. Be good.

I am getting some re-inforcements tonight. A friend of mine does Hypnosis and she is coming over to give me session.

It has helped before, so I need all the oomph I can get. 6:42 starting to get hungry... I have a frozen WW chicken parm. to eat for dinner.. ... then thats' it for today's CALORIES :rose:

ooh, weighed 180 this a.m. YUK, I put a calandar up in my bathroom above my scale, so I could record my weight each week and keep on track of my 1 pound per week goal.. Maybe if I have to LOOK at it all the time... it'll stick.

Hubby away this week on business so I don't even have to cook suppers... I can just eat WW frozen thingys all week and drink Protein Shakes at work.

nt3_totals2.jpg1,0671263173 nt3_dailygoal2.gif 1,000 - 1,050163 - 23632 - 5660 - 127

My final #'s for today.

Janet, your pictures look GREAT! Aunt looks like a doll! And so glad you got to see PJ.

Okay, my DD said the reason Charly said that is he is always hearing his father say that he can't find any clothes to fit! In the past, he's told me numerous times, "Grandma, you have big legs!" Then there's the time we were at the zoo... he was not quite 4yrs old at the time, and he's riding in the wagon, Grandpa pulling him, and I'm riding on my scooter right next to him. He says, "Grandma, you're not getting ANY exercise!" He's RIDING IN THE WAGON while his brother and sister are running around! So I said, "Charly, YOU'RE not either!" So, Charly and I sort of have this running thing going on!

So, today we're all sitting at the kitchen table having lunch. This time he says, "Mommy, why does Grandma always eat something different from what we're eating??" DD tells him it's because I'm trying to lose some weight, so I can get my knees fixed. So, Johannah says, "Oh, is that why she waddles!???"

Then I went to get my fill and the PA is in one heck of a b_____ mood! First she lit in to her assistant, who'd taken all my updated info... changed meds, etc., and then brought the papers down to radiology where they do the fills. She was all ticked off because it wasn't down at her office so she could read it before she came over to radiology. So after she chewed her out... in her very special way that sounds oh so polite but cuts like a knife... then she's reading over my "stuff" and starts chewing me out because I'd said that I ate 1 1/2 - 2 cups of food (sometimes, at dinner only). Tells me that's WAY too much and I"m going to stretch out my pouch, etc! Then she asks me if my muscles get sore after I do Water aerobics!?? I said, "Why would I get sore muscles if I"m doing it EVERY DAY???" I was getting a little testy myself by then. So she sort of chuckled and said, "that's the answer I was looking for." All in all, it was not a good visit! She told me that she didn't even know if she could put any more Fluid in my band, maybe just 1/2 cc! She told me last year it was an 11 cc band, and according to my calculations, there should be about 5.5 cc in it now. WHATEVER!! She had a little trouble finding the port, put in 1/2 cc, had me drink my 6 oz of water and we were done! Oh, after the lecture about how many calories I should be eating and what my basal metabolic rate is, etc, etc, etc.! When she left I said to the asst., "CHEEZ! I was going down to the coffee bar on my way out to get a SF, FF latte, but she'll probably see me there and chew me out again!" She smiled and said, "She WON'T see you!" So I did!

Gotta go play with the grandkids before they go to bed. I bought them an Elmo book today that has this little thing that plays 20 songs that go along with the stories. Do you know I've never really outgrown toys????

WHEW Phyl! I get tired just reading that story! I'd have kicked her in the leg as I was laying down...said something about reflexes or something. What a BAG!!! My blood pressure is probably up.

Glad you got a fill though. I hope it is just what you need. Don't let others get you down! You know what you should be doing. You do just fine. Phooey with the nay sayers.

{hugs} to you!

Donna Thanks !!!! for saying I'm Skinny - I have to remind myself that I am not fat - cuz my pants are size 4 so how in the hell can I be fat - when I look in the mirror and see a fat person or pick up a pair of 4's and look at the butt and say to myself - omg these are big am I that big... And after this weekend of eating oreo's candy bars and real ice cream and no exercise - I feel very dissappointed in myself - why couldn't I just buy 1 candy bar - why did I have to buy 2 - why did I buy that trail mix - and eat the whole bag. When I am away from home - It's very very hard for me - I am afarid to be without food at hand - don't ask me why - I think it comes from my Mom controling my food - I have to have something to eat in the middle of the night - at home I have sf puddings - sf fudge cicles etc - I have better foods to choose from - but when I am away from home - watch out.. I am the old Janet - well not as bad - but not as good as the Janet who lives in Indio :0)

Candice as Steph says - who cares if you are re-starting just the fact that you are restarting is excellent - and with DD wedding - it's just that much more motivation to keep you in line - but even with that you may fall off the wagon - like I always say - it's picking yourself up and moving forward that is the most important thing - we can't change the past - but we can change what we do in the future..

Steph - Yep I really did enjoy our time together - she wants to take me and my cousin Sandy on a cruise in May - so maybe that will keep her going - something to look forward to..

Phyl - tell that lady to jump in a lake - if you have only 5 cc's in a 11 how can't you have enough room - and my baby GD says LaLa what happend to your arms - so dont feel like the lone ranger with Grandkids and their remarks... Just like that kid at baby GD school who told me I was old - yep I a old - I am Santa's Wife... Remember that one :0)

Ok just cking in - Making Soup and it should be done - it's 8:25 and I have work tomorrow - I have been to the gym twice today - and will go tomorrow too - so will talk to you all in the morning

Hugs & sweet dreams - Janet

Phyl- Whata Bi@#%#@! I don't like mean people. If she's mean to you, just think what she'd do to me. I haven't lost anything in months. This lapband thing just ain't working for me. I keep plugging away, and getting nowhere. According to Curves, I lost 4lbs last month. According to my pants, I lost nothing.

Janet- Your pictures are beautiful. The one with your aunt is really gorgeous. She does not look a day over 73. I took a picture with me, DD, and my aunt whose birthday is on the same day as mine. I also think we look alike, and my DD looks like her too. When I saw them 2 weeks ago, I was thinking it may be the last time I see some of them.