Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi all...

Well July is gone, but we're still postin' like crazy !!!! What a bond we have !!!

I'm doing great, feeling great, Starting to get hungry sometimes during the day. :hungry: Looking forward to my first fill....Aug 13th.

Just wanted to vent a bit about my treadmill nightmare....

DON'T EVER EVER EVER buy a treadmill made by Smooth/spirit fitness. I purchased mine (internet sale) 3 years ago. It started to act up on me just about 4 weeks ago. (such bad timing) To make my long horror story shorter.... they do not offer any service/repair !!!! When I called for help....they basically sent me a part ($260) and told me to fix it myself !!!

They insisted it was very easy (thank God my husband is handy) after he changed out the part...it still wouldn't work. I BEGGED for someone to come to my home. ($120) They came out today to change the motor. Guess what? it still doesn't work. (They didn't charge me the $120) Now they want me to take off the top console and send it to them for diagnosis and "possible" repair. They told me... they don't make this model anymore...and there are no parts for it !!! Can you believe this??? I am so disgusted...I'm throwing it out for trash and going to buy a new one tomorrow.

If you're thinking this was some cheap model...ha.... I paid around $1500. I can't remember the exact price.

I thought I did my homework...all the reviews online were great.

Buyer beware !!!! I'm going to a fitness STORE tomorrow....they already told me they do have in home service should I need it.

Thanks for listening.....hope this helps out anyone who might be thinking about buying a treadmill !!! :paranoid Snag

Auntie Phyl ... this great, how did you do that....

are you aloud to eat solids...... my Dr. said that I can only have liquids for 4 weeks....

But let tell you all something... yesterday I was hungry so I added some Frosties to my milk and then worked with the elctrical hand mixer... it was just like a Soup and tasted great... "I don't know if this is right... but it is a bit thick liquid....??????""

Auntie Phyl ... this great, how did you do that....

are you aloud to eat solids...... my Dr. said that I can only have liquids for 4 weeks....

But let tell you all something... yesterday I was hungry so I added some Frosties to my milk and then worked with the elctrical hand mixer... it was just like a Soup and tasted great... "I don't know if this is right... but it is a bit thick liquid....??????""

My doctor says two weeks full liquids, then "mushies" for two weeks. I've been eating cream Soups, cream of wheat and Protein Drinks. I have a bunch of yogurt in the refrigerator, but for some reason it just hasn't appealed to me so far.

Marcy: Something good must be happening because my daughter pulled my jeans off....without the zipper or button being undone! LOL! She didn't even pull hard!

Yesterday I wore a pair of pants that were a little baggy to begin with. Now, 30 lb. later they are really baggy! I slipped my cell phone in to one of the pockets and the weight of the phone sent the pants sliding south!! Good thing I was at home!!

Maria, how very creative of you!!! At this point, I don't think the Dr.'s necessarily are looking for weight loss, as healing!! I had clam chowder, which was thick, I added milk and then magic bulleted it to death....it was great!!!

Lynette, so far I have tried medifast (someone I know who was banding a few months ago gave me some--it didnt like them)

My Drs office then suggested Designer Whey-which is probably the best of them all-but still having a hard time getting them down.

Next I tried nectar by syntrax...Peach flavored.... (not so good)

They all seem to have a certain flavor to them. I think it is the Soy Protien that I really am having a hard time getting down. I am a very "gaggy" person--smells and textures can just make me vomit..and I am trying not to do that!!

Its hard to find something because everything is so expensive. Just a small size of them is about $20-$30 which I wish I could just get samples....then I could know what to get!!

I see that some of you drank slimfast.....that wasnt an option from my Doctors office.

Any Suggestions....I would appreciate them

Only - I'm drinking SlimFast.....and I've also had to drink the medifast for pre-op, SlimFast tastes 100% better.....believe me.....and it has 10 grams of protein......I would call my Dr. and ask about it.....it is an option.

Not big on "shakes" myself as I did the Cambridge Diet back in the 80's (it was powder form) for 6 months and I swore I would never drink another shake.....but I did, for my pre-op......and now SlimFast for my week of liquids.....I wish I had more for you!!

Caolin..thanks for the advise. I will call the Dr. office tomarrow. The list of full liquids I have is very limited. I have to have 4 of my 6 meals a day as a shake. They really didnt give me a large list of ok'ed liquids.. Im really not that hungry, but I just want not to have to force myself to drink the little that I can get down.

Only4me, I use the Body Fortress powder from Walmart, only $12 for a big container, and it's an Isolate powder, not soy. Isolate is beter absorbed m your body, feeping you fuller. It has 23g of Protein per scoop, and I love it. Cream of wheat is on my liquid diet, but you may want to check with your doc.

Snag, so sorry about your treadmill woes. Isin't it amazing how no one wants to stand behind their products anymore. It's ashame that people buy products, and then customer service goes right out the door with your product. Hope you have better luck with the new one.

Phyl, isn't it wonderful ordeing off the childs/senior menus. Just think of all the money we're saving already. Congrats on the 'pants falling down' syndrome. Can't wait until mine fall, and hopefully at home too!!

Someone mentioned the cruise on the the last page, sorry can't remember who, but yes, we are tryig to get together and go on a cruise next year, so we can all meet. The poll was a tie between Carribean and Mexico. We though we'd leave it open for a while, but when I set them up they closed in one day. Guess I did something wrong. Anyway, if you're interested, please PM Dini, she's keeping a list, and someone was checking on prices for us.

Yesterday I wore a pair of pants that were a little baggy to begin with. Now, 30 lb. later they are really baggy! I slipped my cell phone in to one of the pockets and the weight of the phone sent the pants sliding south!! Good thing I was at home!!

AuntyPhyl thats is fantastic! wow congratulations your doing so well

So today i had my second fill! i had my last one i 9 days ago and it did nothing for me. hopiing this one will work

i must admit i am feeling kinda ill, ah sure it will pass!!

i wanna know if i'm over reacting and i would really like your honest opinion.

This morning i woke up early, i got out of bed , Adam was on the Balcony having a stupid fucking smoke and the computer was opened on Adam Facebook page. (face book is like bebo or my space)

I was totally in shock, i've a bebo account and adam never showed any interest in it.

He's had it for 5 weeks and never told me about it. when i asked him about it he said that he checks it every morning and some evening i'm betting every evening i'm not here. now i would never have found out about this only that he taught i was asleep.

i was really hurt, i felt like he was hiding it from me. what do i care if he has this homepage but why not tell me.

i seriously fed up of little things like this. his mobile is always on silent, call me neive if you want but i dont think hes cheating but i dont understand what be so secerative.

am i over reacting thinking he should have told me cos right now i'm thinking of packing his bags i'm so hurt

oh one last thing i've just read all the post everything on it. never once was i mentioned. i can also see he on this lots!!

Your taughts would be great xxxxx

Dini--To be perfectly honest, it does seem that you are unhappy in your relationship with Adam. You are in a difficult situation because of your daughter. You have to decide to 1. Make the best of the situation with Adam because you believe it is better for your daughter to be raised by her mom and dad together 2. Cut your losses with Adam and move on. You sound like a fun-living, caring, and responsible gal. You are only 24 years old and you still have your whole life ahead of you. (That's my perspective as a 50-something mom with kids your age.) You are entitled to spend that life with someone who you love and trust and who loves you back. On the other hand, you also need to consider what is best for your daughter. The thing that will make the biggedy difference is your attitude. Adam is not going to change. Today it's Facebook, next week there will be something else. You have to decided not to be bothered by these things if you are going to stay with him.

That's my 2-cents worth!

Dini, I hope you're feeling better now afte the fill. I don't understand Adam not telling you about the page, and why so secretive. Are you sure he's not communicating with someone else on there? I'm so sorry for you to find that. It may be nothing, but the way he's playing it, there could be something to it. You don't need the stress in your life right now. I'd tell him to be coming clean on whatever he's up to, and hopefully he will.

I'm heading out to an early lunch with a friend of mine, but I'll check back in later.

Lindaa and lynete thank you,

i supose in my heart i know what to do but i'm not one to give up on someone but i can't go on. I know he's talking to a girl Sian i've asked him to stop they used to work together and she liked him i really lost the baby cos of her and him. its just not worth it anymore. every week there is somethhing else.

the best part is he send he messages privatly and shes sends them publicly so i can get the ist of the comversation.

i'm too young and tired ofall this. i've shed far too many tears over it, but i just can't stop. what the fuck could i not just get a normal guy not a fuck up peice of shit