Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I was told to try to have only 4 oz. of whatever I eat. Seems everyone's discharge instructions may have been a little different. But I am to make my Protein be the bulk of it and always have that first.

How is it in the mushy stage? How much do you eat at a time? Do you feel satisfied? How long can you go in between meals without getting hungry?

Linda,

I was also told to try to go 3 to 4 hours between meals. Each meal being 4 oz., and again with most of it being Protein.< /p>

Hi Y'all. I am back. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. They worked. I am doing great. My stomach feels like I did about 100 sit ups. Sore, sore, sore. No gas pains or shoulder pains. My incisions are all real small. The port incision is left side below the ribs and is 1 1/2 to 2 inches.

Went in at 8:30 am yesterday. When they gave me some meds and said they were taking me to OR I don't remember anything til I got to my room. I had absolutely no nausea. They had me on a Demerol drip but I didn't press for extra.

Got up and walked 2 times yesterday afternoon and evening. The nurses seemed surprised. Had sips of Water yesterday. They did a xray this morning to check the patency of the band. Boy, that stuff is nasty. Everything looked great so I got clear liquid breakfast.. Walked again this morning. I had to also wait until my doc finished surgery to be discharged. Got out of there about 3 pm. Went to the pharmcy to fill my pain med. Don't really need it but I was afrain I might and not have it.

It took me forever to catch up on the messages. I am glad to see everyone is doing well post op. Feels great to be on the Loser's Bench.

TMI, I already had a BM today. I think I am going to be on the non-constipated side of the fence.

Sunny,

Wow, doing well! Great and so glad to have you back!!!!:)

:help:So I have a question for those of you that already have your bands. I have been banded for 9 days now. I keep getting this feeling of pressure in my chest ans sometime when I burp right between my breasts it hurts. Anyone else having this? I am guessing it is still gas that is being released since I didn't burp a lot before surgery. I dont have any acid or indigestion or anything. Anyone else experiencing this?

trippy_text_07_26_2007_22_09_08_94706.gif

weight.png

Banded July 18, 2007

Dr. Louis Fox, Richardson, TX

6/1/07 350

6/27/07 339

7/18/07 331

7/27/07 321

Tinkerbell,

I get that way if I eat too much or too fast! It hurts like the dickens right smack dab in the middle of my chest. Seems to go away if I don't have anything for awhile. Yesterday I got some nasty pain right under both ribs, just a second or so, but stopped me in my tracks!!! Seems like we forget, we are new at this, and our bodies aren't healed yet!!! We feel pretty good, so we push and do things we probably aren't quite ready to do! If it gets too bad though, I would definitely call the doc and see what he has to say about it!

Tinkerbell,

I get that way if I eat too much or too fast! It hurts like the dickens right smack dab in the middle of my chest. Seems to go away if I don't have anything for awhile. Yesterday I got some nasty pain right under both ribs, just a second or so, but stopped me in my tracks!!! Seems like we forget, we are new at this, and our bodies aren't healed yet!!! We feel pretty good, so we push and do things we probably aren't quite ready to do! If it gets too bad though, I would definitely call the doc and see what he has to say about it!

Me, too. It's only happened for me when I 'eat' too much. I have it right now. I am so tired now from the day. I just got back here to my parents. I think I took in too much Muscle Milk. Whoops. I'll get it together.

I think I'm gonna go lay down b/c I'm tired now. May take a little pain medicine and call it a wrap for the night.

Sunny, glad you're back and doing well!

Me, too. It's only happened for me when I 'eat' too much. I have it right now. I am so tired now from the day. I just got back here to my parents. I think I took in too much Muscle Milk. Whoops. I'll get it together.

I think I'm gonna go lay down b/c I'm tired now. May take a little pain medicine and call it a wrap for the night.

Sunny, glad you're back and doing well!

Chim, Take it easy, Girl! You are brand spankin' new at this!!! Sounds like you have been quite busy!!! Don't forget to rest, relax, sip, and walk! So glad you are well! Enjoy your parents!:)

Jeanie, you have done great. You are not a wimp. I already cannot wait til I can have mushies.

Chim, glad you are back and doing so well.

I drank a carnation instant Breakfast this evening. Not because I was hungry but because I felt I needed something more than Water. Even though I know liquids go straight through my stomach feels really full. Anyone else feel like this on liquids?

Hi everyone,

Just checking in to let you all know I'm home again now. I feel very sore. I didn't have a very comfortable night but I'm glad I spent it in the hospital. It was the best place for me. I didn't think I'd be up to coming home today, but I got an IV shot of good pain meds (whatever it was, thank goodness!) and things improved a lot from then. I'm happy to be home. My hubby helped me shower. Scrubbed off all the sticky bandage stuff. Dried me off and even dried between my toes for me. What an angel he is!

They had trouble finding a good vein for the IV and ended up sticking me 4 times in total. :cry When I woke after the surgery I felt like someone had parked a truck on my stomach.:omg: I tried doing a few laps in the hospital ward before coming home to try to relieve some of the pain. It was slow and not very enjoyable. When I was overtaken by someone twice my age, I decided I was better off in bed, lol. I'm heading back there again now. I don't have the energy to read all the posts but I hope my band sisters are doing well. Bye for now. :bored

Jeanie, you have done great. You are not a wimp. I already cannot wait til I can have mushies.

Chim, glad you are back and doing so well.

I drank a carnation instant Breakfast this evening. Not because I was hungry but because I felt I needed something more than Water. Even though I know liquids go straight through my stomach feels really full. Anyone else feel like this on liquids?

Yes, and I love the Carnation Instant Breakfast sugar free Mixes, add milk, a banana, Peanut Butter ... for chocolate or vanilla, a scoop of Protein mix ... Yummy!!!!:) Also, low sodium V8, hated it before, but now when I am hungry and feel I shouldn't have anymore, it is my friend, lol!:confused:

Sunny, so glad to hear you came through well. I hear you on the non-constipated side of the fence! LOL

Ruby, glad you're home. Sorry you feel so sore.

I think all of us 26ers are home now and doing good. Yeah, we're all officially on the bandwagon.

My evening hasn't been as good as my day. I'm feeling a fit nausious. It's either that or too hungry that I'm low blood sugar.

I have a bad headache, which tylonol won't fix, so I'm not even going to try. This is a migrane style headache.

The back of my neck is also stiff and achy.

I'm going to go to bed soon and try to sleep this off.

Hi you'all, just wanted to let you all know that drama is over and I am officially a bandster! I am so happy!!! Boy, morphine is a great drug- :confused: I hardly feel any pain any all, just tenderness where my port is I guess. No gas pains yet eithter.

Surgery lasted 1h10min. and 3 hours after it ended I was home. Just amazing what a 'simple' thing it is considering people went into your stomach and all. I did the barium swallow and it was perfect. The staff were nice, and everything went well, very uneventful and we could even call it boring. :)

DH is being wonderful and I feel bad I was thinking ugly thoughts on him. He is all attentive and caring, which is good because I need the TLC. So he is here reading this post and wondering what I posted on the first one, should I let him read it????

I am glad all who had it done yesterday are up and about and doing well. We will soon need to call ourselves Skinny 7s!

My evening hasn't been as good as my day. I'm feeling a fit nausious. It's either that or too hungry that I'm low blood sugar.

I have a bad headache, which tylonol won't fix, so I'm not even going to try. This is a migrane style headache.

The back of my neck is also stiff and achy.

I'm going to go to bed soon and try to sleep this off.

Kathy,

Sorry about the headache!!! Make sure you are drinking enough! Nausea was something I didn't have, but seems to be normal when I read other people's posts!!! Take care and I hope you sleep well!!!:notagree

Hi you'all, just wanted to let you all know that drama is over and I am officially a bandster! I am so happy!!! Boy, morphine is a great drug- :confused: I hardly feel any pain any all, just tenderness where my port is I guess. No gas pains yet eithter.

Surgery lasted 1h10min. and 3 hours after it ended I was home. Just amazing what a 'simple' thing it is considering people went into your stomach and all. I did the barium swallow and it was perfect. The staff were nice, and everything went well, very uneventful and we could even call it boring. :)

DH is being wonderful and I feel bad I was thinking ugly thoughts on him. He is all attentive and caring, which is good because I need the TLC. So he is here reading this post and wondering what I posted on the first one, should I let him read it????

I am glad all who had it done yesterday are up and about and doing well. We will soon need to call ourselves Skinny 7s!

Wonderful, everyone is doing soooo well! I am glad your honey is being helpful and supportive!!! See, everyone just had a case of the jitters!!! Welcome back and congratulations!!!:)