Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hello Everyone ! Lynette, it is so reasuring to hear that your surgery went so well and recovery is smooth sailing. I myself get to look forward to 3 days in a recovery facility before flying back to Northern B.C. - I look forward to a kid free zone with little distractions and plently of me time - I don't feel I get much of me time as I'm a business owner and single parent of 2 teeanagers. - speaking of which it's time for me to be taxi-mom, so I'm off again. Best wishes to all in their upcoming surgeries.

P.S. Phylser, I haven't had a chance to play with my ticker but I've lost 8 lbs on my pre-op (which I'm not enjoying)

Chow for now - Corinna:ranger:

Lynette - I'm so glad things are starting out so well for you! Good luck with your first night banded.

Felicia - Maybe all this talk about menstruation will help others too? Haha!

<p>Welcome home Lynette. Were so happy all went well. I'm sure we'll here from you again as soon as you've rested up. Guess what all?, my "FLOWER" came today too, so it'll be over before my surgery ...WOOO-HOOO!!!!!!!!!</p>

Haha...your flower came today. LOL! :eek:

Congratulations Lynette!!! that is awesome! I hope all of us do so well.

Mine is coming up a week from tomorrow and I seem to keep getting more nervous day by day. It is good to hear from you and know all went so well.

Nicole - Yes, I am very lucky to have my sister and mother doing this with me. We have all struggled with our weight for many many years and we decided that we are all at a place in our lives where we can do it and it will make it that much better to do it together so we have each other for support. The rest of the family has been very supportive of us too. I am so thankful for that!

Don't worry that you don't have a bandster in the family, our Lucky 7's family is huge!!! : )

Hartford Hospital

This is a link and informational video for the lapband. Not sure if anyone's seen it before, but my doctor had a link to it. Kind of long, over an hour to watch, but very informative and kind of reassuring. Thought there may be some people that would find it helpful!:clap2:

Hey Lynette.... cooool..... congrats !!!! :clap2:

So "Aunt Flo" was supposed to be here like 3 days ago.....damn her...she's waiting just to throw a wrench into my plans !!!:eek:

(Was hoping she would be hear and gone by surgery date)

Round here we call her 'Aunt Flo from Redbank' :embarassed: ..... a city near me.

I'M HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Yes, My surgery started late, around 10:30 am, and they released me at 5pm. I feel great, not really any pain yet. The Dr. came in and said I was doing so good that he would let me go. I've been up walking, going to the bathroom on my own, and really have no pain yet.

I'll try to post again later, and read up on other posts from today. Just wanted to let everyone know I was home, and had the best experience I could of possible imagined.:eek:

WOO HOO!!! So glad you're doing so well!!

TONIGHTS THE NIGHT!!!! ( BEFORE SURGERY ) I'M HAVING A BEER.....OR 2, A CELIBRITORY BEER OF SORTS....ABOUT TO GO FLOAT IN MY 86 DEGREE POOL FOR THE LAST TIME FOR A WHILE :cry (I'M GONNA MISS MY POOL!!!) DR. SAID 2 WEEKS MINIMUM.

I'M EXCITED TO START MY NEW JOURNEY BUT OF COURSE WORIED ABOUT MY ABILITY TO ALWAYS MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICES.

EVERYONE WISHED ME WELL TODAY AT WORK, AND SAID WHAT'S YOUR GOAL WEIGHT? WELL ITS NOT A GOAL WEIGHT AT ALL, ITS A GOAL FEELING....I JUST WANT TO FIT TNTO MY WORLD COMFORTABLY, TO NOT GET SO EXAUSTED AFTER DOING THE MOST TRIVIAL THINGS I NEED TO REST CONSTANTLY! OR CATCH MY BREATH! I WANNA BE ABLE TO WIPE MY BUTT IN THE SMALL STALL!!!!! (SORRY TMI) :eek:

I WANT TO DANCE WITH MY HUSBAND IN PUBLIC, AND DO THE THINGS COUPLES DO IN PRIVATE WITH EASE!!!

TOMOROWS MY DAY!

AND YEP I'M EXCITED!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU, I FEEL READY WITHOUT QUESTION!

LET THE LOOSING BEGIN!!!:whoo:

Hello All,

Thanks for all of those who posted congrats to me.:eek: I'm am feeling so good it's almost scary. I've been home since 6pm (it's almost 10 pm here now) and have only taken 1 pain pill. I broke it into 4 pieces to get it down. I've had 4 ozs of broth, about 2 ozs of Water, and 1/2 of a SF fudge pop so far. Everything has went down great. I keep making laps around my dining room table, but really don't have a lot of gas. As I was walking I could feel some pressure right around my chest bone in the middle. I burped, and OMG, instant relief.:clap2: So the walking does help.

I've been resting comfortable in my recliner watching TV and dozing in and out. I still can't believe I'm home. I hope everyone has the same experience. I'm so sorry Dini had so much trouble, but at least you've now heard the good and the bad.

Welcome to our newbies cantweight, JenniferNaz, and bun1. We're excited to have you.

TONIGHTS THE NIGHT!!!! ( BEFORE SURGERY ) I'M HAVING A BEER.....OR 2, A CELIBRITORY BEER OF SORTS....ABOUT TO GO FLOAT IN MY 86 DEGREE POOL FOR THE LAST TIME FOR A WHILE :cry (I'M GONNA MISS MY POOL!!!) DR. SAID 2 WEEKS MINIMUM.

I'M EXCITED TO START MY NEW JOURNEY BUT OF COURSE WORIED ABOUT MY ABILITY TO ALWAYS MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICES.

EVERYONE WISHED ME WELL TODAY AT WORK, AND SAID WHAT'S YOUR GOAL WEIGHT? WELL ITS NOT A GOAL WEIGHT AT ALL, ITS A GOAL FEELING....I JUST WANT TO FIT TNTO MY WORLD COMFORTABLY, TO NOT GET SO EXAUSTED AFTER DOING THE MOST TRIVIAL THINGS I NEED TO REST CONSTANTLY! OR CATCH MY BREATH! I WANNA BE ABLE TO WIPE MY BUTT IN THE SMALL STALL!!!!! (SORRY TMI) :eek:

I WANT TO DANCE WITH MY HUSBAND IN PUBLIC, AND DO THE THINGS COUPLES DO IN PRIVATE WITH EASE!!!

TOMOROWS MY DAY!

AND YEP I'M EXCITED!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU, I FEEL READY WITHOUT QUESTION!

LET THE LOOSING BEGIN!!!:whoo:

Best wishes for tomorrow !!!!

I love......you bet your bippy !!!!! growing up, my friend's mother always said that !!!!! ;)

Laurend, Bobbert's Mom, Mrs. Horne, and Abbey...You guys are on deck!!!! You've GOT to be excited. It's here! Let us know what you're feeling.

We are praying for ya'll. If you start to get antsy, just remember your goals of healthy living, etc. (fill in the blanks). It's all good.

Get a good night's rest and have a great time entering Bandland!!!

Kathy

If I have another it'll be adoption or maybe fostering, and I'll be looking for a girl. I'm getting old (36) so I may just wait for grandkids. I have a 17 year old, so it's not ridiculously far away. It better be at least 5 or so years, though!!! BTW--I bought a Tink goal shirt today. It's a large, but the styles are tiny right now, so it looks really small.

You think you're old at 36... OMG!!! I'm 41. I got my little girl just before turning 40 and thought to myself... I never expected to be 40 with a 2 year old and a 7 year old... some days I'm very tired :bored

Can't wait to lose some weight to keep up with these two. BTW, its my son's birthday tomorrow... he will be 9. :clap2:

All,

It is done! I have complete my surgery today and made it back home around 3pm. I am so thankful to God and I humble bow before Him in admonition. All is going pretty well, I am sore on the left side due to the port. I have 5 incensions and they are glued together with some form of glue. I do not have a sore throat but I do have some gas. I'm taking Gas x gel melts and Maalox. It's not too bad just have to keep getting up eary hour walking around in the house. That helps reduce the gas and effectively helps it pass. It's more burps than actually anything else. Anyway, I prayed for all today's banders that God will see us through! Let me know how everyone is doing. I'll keep in touch.

Warmest Regards,

bfyneNtyme