Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Janet,

You are so right. I was really good most of the time at the lake in what I had to choose from. No Desserts, a few (maybe 3) mini snickers the whole time. I even drove back to town the second day to buy fruit and kashi to eat for Breakfast and to snack on so that I could say no to all the other stuff. My biggest problem wasn't the choices I made it was HOW I ate. I am really having sticking issues. I'm doing well. I'm proud of the choices I'm making. The chips were 3 chips I put on my ds's plate at lunch. only 3 and the bag is in the cupboard not calling my name. I would much rather eat good stuff.

And now onto my soapbox for this rant!!!! Why the freak is good stuff so expensive? I bought 3 dozen monster muffins at Sams for my MIL for the family reunion. Each dozen were less than $6. And they were FREAKING HUGE!!! So I went today to buy some fruit for dinner and I bought some grapes, some canteloup, a few slices of watermelon, a small bit of brocolli, a bag of carrots and a bunch of bananas and a small thing of raspberries....and it was more than $30! Almost $40! How insane is that? And it's just not fruit and veggies. Cereal that has all kinds of junk can be bought in the BIG bags for $4. My kashi that is probably 5 or 6 bowls is almost $5. Skim milk is almost $1 more a gallon. Whole grain bread is almost twice the price of white junk bread. Canned junk veggies are cheap but try to buy the frozen or fresh and you're going to have to mortgage the house. Bottled Water is more expensive than a bottle of pop! What is wrong with this world? It is definitely driving me nuts.

Okay...off that rant. It just gravels my butt that I have to pay so much more to feed my family healthy food.

I'm going to get middle quack off to bed and then I'll be back to address those I've put off for too long.

Steph

This was talked about this weekend too - fattening crap is cheap (this is why when we see so many over weight poor pple it's cuz you can get 10 top ramens for $1.00) Don't you always wonder why some one who is obese is in line at a Soup kitchen - you think - well omw they are huge how can they be poor and not have enought to eat - it's what they are eating - which is purchased cuz it's cheap - - Light bulb went off in my head - cuz that's what I always thought when I would see a big person on tv in the soup kitchen line - like ya why are you there - you have $$$ for food - well not really it's crap they are buy and those foods are the bullets in that loaded gun

Oh ya I wanted to tell you that I too can get stuck on watermellon and I love it - and yes - what we think today as eating bad - really isn't...

Okay, let's see if I can remember what I wanted to say to everyone.

Janet, sounds like you had a great time. I'm so excited that you got some awesome compliments with the beautiful dress. I'm sure it was wonderful to feel. How was the convention though? What happened? I may have missed it but I didn't see how the meetings went. And congrats on the win. More QVC money!!!

Karri, super duper awesome for you!!! How is your leg? I want to be excited for you but I'm so worried that you hurt yourself. I haven't checked your blog yet so hopefully when I do I'll be heartened. How are your nerves coming up to your big day? I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to hear more about your journey!

Ssankofa, I'm sorry you were hurt. I know it wasn't intentional but usually after the fact that doesn't mean much. Honestly this is the most supportive place I've found on this site. I know it wasn't what you were needing at the time but I really hope that you allow us to support you through this tough time. What can we do to help you be successful? We really want you to feel great about this. Nothing makes any of us happier than to cheer when one of the others has a breakthrough.

Okay...there was more but I can't remember it all. I'm back now though and I'll be around to read and respond regularly now. No more excuses.

I think I'm going to try to finish the night with some kashi and fruit since I haven't had much not get stuck and I'm feeling weaker than I want. Have a great night ladies!!

Ok girls - I am back and I want to tell you both something - We have to say no for the rest of our lives... It's not about being fair - it's about living a healthy life. Oh my notes are at work - but Obesity is a disease.

We are pre-disposed to have it - it's in us and the gun is load. It's just the way it is.. No we weren't the lucky ones who can eat every thing and not gain weight - they are few and far between - 64% of America (or the world i forget) is obese...

You don't have to say No for the rest of your life - you just can't say yes on a daily basis... You can have treats - but it's all about the balance.

We can't think of this as a diet - we really really have to think of this as a way of life. Remember Diets don't work - even this weekend the professionals said it negative words - like diet must be replaced with Healthy eating.. Exercise replaced with physical activity - to me it's all just a name and as the saying goes - a thing is still a thing no matter what name you give it.

Our bodies were built for the caveman era - but now with cars, tv, food at our disposal 24/7 and portion sizes have quadrupled in the last 20 yrs - the whole transfat issues - refined carbs - sugar - our bodies weren't made to eat all this junk and not do any physical exercise

We have to fight this battle forever - don't think that when you get to goal it's over - no it's not about the scale moving down wards anymore it's about maintaining and to maintain you will have to say no more than yes ...

- I will buy you your drink of choice for dinner when we all get together - (I know Karri - I shouldn't be bribing with food or drink but I know my GF likes her cocktails :lol:)

Good PEP TALK!! Boy! We miss you when you're gone!

Needed to hear all that stuff!

Will you bribe me with some wine??

7_4_33.gif

And now onto my soapbox for this rant!!!! Why the freak is good stuff so expensive? I bought 3 dozen monster muffins at Sams for my MIL for the family reunion. Each dozen were less than $6. And they were FREAKING HUGE!!! So I went today to buy some fruit for dinner and I bought some grapes, some canteloup, a few slices of watermelon, a small bit of brocolli, a bag of carrots and a bunch of bananas and a small thing of raspberries....and it was more than $30! Almost $40! How insane is that? And it's just not fruit and veggies. Cereal that has all kinds of junk can be bought in the BIG bags for $4. My kashi that is probably 5 or 6 bowls is almost $5. Skim milk is almost $1 more a gallon. Whole grain bread is almost twice the price of white junk bread. Canned junk veggies are cheap but try to buy the frozen or fresh and you're going to have to mortgage the house. Bottled Water is more expensive than a bottle of pop! What is wrong with this world? It is definitely driving me nuts.

You got that right!! It's pretty annoying!!

I love those yellow, red & orange peppers... $2 each, or more!! Even the green peppers are outrageous. Strawberries... finally sort of reasonable. Even a head of lettuce... terrible! Prices getting worse every day!

This was talked about this weekend too - fattening crap is cheap (this is why when we see so many over weight poor pple it's cuz you can get 10 top ramens for $1.00) Don't you always wonder why some one who is obese is in line at a Soup kitchen - you think - well omw they are huge how can they be poor and not have enought to eat - it's what they are eating - which is purchased cuz it's cheap - - Light bulb went off in my head - cuz that's what I always thought when I would see a big person on tv in the soup kitchen line - like ya why are you there - you have $$$ for food - well not really it's crap they are buy and those foods are the bullets in that loaded gun.

Yep! The healthier the meat/fish, the more expensive it is! We are fortunate to have three different grocery stores in the neighborhood, so we study the ads every Tuesday when they come out and I ride around on my scooter and get the sale items. Those peppers... one of the three stores has them 2 for $3 just about every week. DH was celebrating finding a head of lettuce for 58 cents the other day!

TOPS weigh in today & I was up 1/2 lb. It's okay.. still down 6 lb for the month of June. And, it's been over 90 degrees here for several days & that always makes me retain Fluid. Next week we switch to a new digital scale. We've been weighing on the old & the new for three weeks now & the new is 1 1/2 lb heavier, so everyone has to lose 1 1/2 lb this week just to stay even! And with July 4th weekend, that will be a challenge for everyone, including me!! BBQ at DD's on Friday & another at church on Sunday... may skip that one. I can't resist the hot dogs and potato salad. Then Monday, after weigh in, our CA RV park WA state reunion... a potluck, of course!! Yikes! Have to put on my armour and read Janet's "just say no" post over & over for the next week! I'm going in for 1 year follow-up and probably a slight fill on 7/16..

a week before we leave on our train trip to M of A & parts East. Restriction is pretty good, but I'd like to be a little big tighter.

I forgot what I wanted to tell you all about my size. I'm really not doing anything great but when I bought my swimsuit a few months ago I bought a 16...it was tight but it was alright. Tonight I couldn't find that suit and went hunting for another. Found a pair of bottoms from some other suit and looked and it said size 12. I giggled and put them on thinking I wouldn't even be able to pull them up. God knows when I put those on last....had to have been at least 10 year ago. Anyways, I figured I'd see if I could get anywhere near "in" it. Up it went and fit very comfortably. I found the top and could squeeze into that but it wasn't going to the pool. .... but a 12!!!! Holy CATS!!!

Okay....so I bought some size 12's when I was leaving for this trip a month ago. My goal is to get into 8's by our MofA trip. I want to buy some single digit clothes. I haven't bought single digit clothes since high school. I graduated HS wearing size 10's and 12's...so this is HUGE for me. I've got a goal...I've got almost a month....and I WILL do this. If I have to work out 3 times a day....I WILL do this!

The size 12's are getting looser. I think I could be getting into sosme 10's but I don't want to push it. one month. ... size 8 here I come. Then watch out MofA....I'm going NUTS!!!! I may have to shsip sosme stuff home. I'm going to only bring a little with so I can buy a TON!

So ladies. Keep me accountable. If I don't tell you about my Water ask. If I haven't spilled about my exercise....drill me. If I'm complaining about being bad, don't even be kind. I need to do this. It means so much to me. I really don't think it's out of line, but it is going to take some serious work. Keep me going. I have an appointment for a fill in a couple of weeks but I don't know...it will depend on if I get back on eating track and stop getting stuck or I may cancel it. We'll see. It might just be that TOM is visiting. I sure hope so.

Okay....I'm going to bed! Good night ladies!!!

Good evening ladies. DH and I are in Grand Rapids babysitting the ankle biters for a few days. I probably should be embarrassed :wub:to tell you guys this but I just can't help it. I am tickled to death. My daughter gave me a couple pairs of jeans and they fit perfectly!! Size L. Now, what is embarrassing about that? They are maternity. But DD is 5'6", thin and gorgeous. They look really good on. Do you realize that it has been over 30 years since I've worn q pair of jeans?? Like I said, I am tickled. :lol:

Candice - not so sure about the minn. trip now. DH and I told DD couple months ago we would babysit the little ones so she could go to Cabo for her work. Not quite sure when, but she mentioned tonight that it was the end of the month. So, I need to check with her on the date. She's a travel agent, so I can't very well say no when this trip is costing her almost nothing.

Linda - you look absolutely fantastic. I can't wait till I get that close to goal.

Phyl - What size did you say you were wearing now? It will take me hours to find it. I need to clean out my closet, and I came across a bunch of tops I bought a couple years ago and they still have the tags on. DH washed one of them and it shrunk up and was short. I believe they are 2X. If tht would work and you want them, e-mail me your address and I'll send them out to you.

SLEEP TIGHT ALL, I'D BETTER HIT THE SHEETS.THOSE LITTLE ONES GET UP AWFULLY EARLY IN THE MORNING.:lol:

Karri, super duper awesome for you!!! How is your leg? I want to be excited for you but I'm so worried that you hurt yourself. I haven't checked your blog yet so hopefully when I do I'll be heartened. How are your nerves coming up to your big day? I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to hear more about your journey!

You can be excited for me....my leg is getting much better. It hurts and my muscles in my entire body are still fatigued, but it is gettinb better each and every day. I think that most of my problem was dehydration. I drank Water at EVERY mile, but the weather was unbearably hot and frankly I didn't train for hot weather. That was a mistake on my part, but one that I will be ready for. Not all of it was my fault...we didn't exactly have a lot of hot weather. After I get the clearance from my PS at about 6-8 weeks to start training for the Eugene Marathon I am going to invest money into some proper running gear including a hydration belt. I bought one earlier where you can store water bottles while you run but because of the way my rolls are on my tummy it didn't fit quite right and really just pissed me off! However there is one that isn't so bulky but as you guessed it was more expensive. However, it will allow me to store more water than the 3 oz that you get every mile and will allow me to store my own electrolyte drinks. I thought that I had a stress fracture in my foot, but it is doing much better and perhaps it was just a bruised bone. I have done NOTHING for the last 2 days so I really am babying myself. Though I have to say...it sucks. I am BORED out of my mind and I am not sleeping well at all. I think it is because I just don't do anything all day. I get this way every summer.

I am getting very excited for surgery. Though a bit anxious...but not for the reasons most people think. I don't know that I can sit on my butt for a week doing nothing. I was fine after lap band surgery cause I was a couch potato...but not any more. That is what kind of freaks me out the most. I got 6 books at the library today from six different authors so that I can send DH back for the authors that I like. Well...I am going to go lay in bed and read!

Ooooohhhh....Forgot to post this. Here are the official results!

Official time: 2:40:29! Here are the stats:

Official Pace: 12:15

Age division rank: 76 / 96

Overall rank: 768 /1161

Gender Rank: 495 / 842

I am thrillled with the results. I can't imagine what they would have been if I had not been injured. Next year...I will own that course.

Not too freaking shabby for my first attempt!

Ok girls - I am back and I want to tell you both something - We have to say no for the rest of our lives... It's not about being fair - it's about living a healthy life. Oh my notes are at work - but Obesity is a disease.

We are pre-disposed to have it - it's in us and the gun is load. It's just the way it is.. No we weren't the lucky ones who can eat every thing and not gain weight - they are few and far between - 64% of America (or the world i forget) is obese...

You don't have to say No for the rest of your life - you just can't say yes on a daily basis... You can have treats - but it's all about the balance.

We can't think of this as a diet - we really really have to think of this as a way of life. Remember Diets don't work - even this weekend the professionals said it negative words - like diet must be replaced with Healthy eating.. Exercise replaced with physical activity - to me it's all just a name and as the saying goes - a thing is still a thing no matter what name you give it.

Our bodies were built for the caveman era - but now with cars, tv, food at our disposal 24/7 and portion sizes have quadrupled in the last 20 yrs - the whole transfat issues - refined carbs - sugar - our bodies weren't made to eat all this junk and not do any physical exercise

I messed up on Friday night - the room was stocked with junk - just had Snacks at the meet & greet & a glass of wine by the time I got back to my room (had to drop $20 in a machine :lol:) I was tried and hungry - but it was too late to order food which was $$$ and had no way of reheating it later - so I got into the reese pb piece - Ok not good - tired & hungry all food triggers for me - well you know what - I did it - didn't feel too bad about it - cuz even eating healthy 98% of the time - I can allow for that 2% of junk - well I walked - meeting rooms on the other side of hotel - and i was in heels - ate a lite bf - lunch - dinner and on Saturday they restocked the candy - but I didn't touch it or the cookies..

Why cuz I knew I had indulged the night before and had ate 1/2 of the mini muffin size dessert at dinner - and this 100 lbs is gone and I don't want it back.

If you go back saying yes more than you say no and you don't keep a balance - it's going to come back on...

We have to fight this battle forever - don't think that when you get to goal it's over - no it's not about the scale moving down wards anymore it's about maintaining and to maintain you will have to say no more than yes ...

Ok enough of me on my soap box --- what did Ruby call me the thread mommy or something like that :lol: So you all know this is said with love from the bottom of my heart..

Steph - Congrats on maintaining your weigh for 3 weeks when you were out of your element - That in it's self is a big accomplishment and all your exercise - Way to go girl... You will get back on track..

Linda - Nine pounds to go - You can do it you know you can - you will be there by the time of our trip - how can we motivate you to strive for it..

Lets see - what can I bribe you with - oh ya - remember we are getting you the Mother of the Groom dress.. so that you will shine on your Son's wedding day (I am right it's your son getting married :lol:) and if that doesn't work - I will buy you your drink of choice for dinner when we all get together - (I know Karri - I shouldn't be bribing with food or drink but I know my GF likes her cocktails :lol:)

Janet, you put it all in a nutshell (albiet a big one)

Can I have permission to print out the above and share it with all my Weight concious buddies...

Very well put...

Linda; I remember buying my Mother of the Bride dress for my DD's wedding (#1) it was such fun.. and WE get to share it with you!

I still have my MOTB dress, perhaps I'll bring it on the trip... it should fit me again :P

Then we can spill some wine on it!!! Janet's buying YOURS:thumbup:

Stephanie; are you coming on the trip???

Phyl are you getting excited too???

Kari, I totally understand about your plans on Babysitting the ankle bitters... beleive me if I had Grandchildren... I'd be there in a heart beat!!!

Where in the state is Grand Rapids??? is it more south than Pt. Huron??

Good Morning Gang -

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ALL OF US - IT'S JULY 1 AND WE WERE ALL BANDED IN JULY

As I was having my coffee this morning - I was thinking about us (omw 5 am and guess who I am thinking about - Lucky #7 Gang - You really are my family)

Well this is another thing I learned this weekend - and it goes back to the earlier post about this being a life time battle..

We (our bodies) are loaded springs - if we go back to eating like we did it will only take a second for us to gain our weight back - I wish I could put it as good as the Dr did - but that's sorta what he said.

We have pulled the spring down in losing the weight - but it won't take much to snap that spring back to where it was - so we always will have to be conscience of what we eat..

------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Candice you can print and share !!!

Karri - Great Stats for a 1st time runner who 1 yr ago weighed 250 and was a total slug bug...

Phyl - Yes you can have some wine too - We all will have a little drinkie poop to Celebrate our Anniversary and meeting (well we will pretend that it's our first)

Oh ya - whats up you all get on the computer late - I got off 8:46 and you all pop in

Steph

Meeting was great - not much to report though (plus I signed a nondisclosure form) they wanted our opinion on stuff - but that's about it. And I can tell you for personal experience that as we lose those sizes drop really fast - I know that it took forever to get from a 16 to 14 but getting from a 12 to a 10 goes really fast and so does 10 to 8 - as little as 5 lbs will change your size now - it's really funny I haven't lost a great deal in the last month but my 8's are baggy especially in the legs.

Yes we will keep you accountable and kick your butt when needed but always with love and intentions of helping you be successful - just like you would do for us.. That's what us Lucky #7 are all about - Support

Kari - Congrats on the Jeans - You are doing so good..

Phyl - Some had said flying tightens you - but when I got home on Sunday GS wanted Wennershistzal (sp) so we stopped - I was hungry no lunch - so I ordered a mustard dog - ate 3/4 of the bread and the whole hot dog - didn't have a problem - but last night had filet mignon from costco and got stuck - after the dog I though omw I could use a tad of a fill - but then last night steak & spinach and was done (no rice last night - after the candy this weekend I have to make little adjustments - see i practice what i preach :lol:)

Ok it's time for me to get in the shower - It's a short week for me - Yea... so I will ck back when I get to work..

Hugs everyone

Phyl are you getting excited too???

You Betcha!!

Was thinking this morning about starting to pack!!

7_6_6v.gif

3_10_6.gif

3_2_113.gif

Happy Birthday, Karri!!

:smile2::party::lol::party::biggrin::party::biggrin:

You're right, of course, and I have to remember that I'm not the only one going through this. If you all can stand firm, so can I. Thanks for being here while I had my temper tantrum. Today's a new day.

You're right, of course, and I have to remember that I'm not the only one going through this. If you all can stand firm, so can I. Thanks for being here while I had my temper tantrum. Today's a new day.

Linda - We all have our little temper tantrums :biggrin2: especially when we are tried and want to eat - eat - eat - Oh ya I miss it - I miss my comfort foods - I want brownies - I want to eat the whole thing - not one piece

but what I don't miss is sleeping my weekends away - not having any energy - shopping in the BBW section only -