Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Karri -- feeding your students....shame shame!!! Just kidding. Mine come in and ask if I have anything to eat and I always offer them the Protein bars I keep in my desk drawer. They never take me up on them....imagine that!

I've been working on problem solving all day and now....I've got problems. I am so discouraged. But instead of going to the kitchen for peach cobbler last period, I went and got myself a glass of Water. Just as good and drowning my sorrows!

Okay...going home after a long day but will talk later. I'm sure I'll pop up with something positive....it's there...I just have to think about it a bit.

Karri -- feeding your students....shame shame!!! Just kidding. Mine come in and ask if I have anything to eat and I always offer them the Protein bars I keep in my desk drawer. They never take me up on them....imagine that!

I've been working on problem solving all day and now....I've got problems. I am so discouraged. But instead of going to the kitchen for peach cobbler last period, I went and got myself a glass of Water. Just as good and drowning my sorrows!

Okay...going home after a long day but will talk later. I'm sure I'll pop up with something positive....it's there...I just have to think about it a bit.

Steph - Oh girl - think about all those calories in that peach cobbler - for one serving 6 oz 420 calories - now do you really frickin what that many extra calories today - I don't think so - and you know what - when I do allow myself a little bit of a treat - it's never as good as I remember it. the -1 lbs feels so much better than what the taste of food is - heck you could have done Phyls 3 bite rule if you really wanted some.

So tonite reward yourself in someway (nonfood wise) tonight for being strong and deterimined - you are in control now not the food -

Phyl, it's wonderful to have you back! I love your drive-by posts. You can almost hear the panic in your posts as you try to fire them off before your connection dies. Too funny. :biggrin2:

I didn't get much sleep last night. I'm excited and apprehensive about my surgery tomorrow.

And, Here I am back again!! Borrowed DH's computer so I could get online. He shares very reluctantly! I bought him this friggin' laptop for Christmas & now he doesn't want to let me use it! His internal wireless card must be a lot better than mine because my signal is too weak to get a web page.

Glad your surgery went well..

Mall of America Trip

Found a Marriott Residence Inn $109

Found this gf getaway - ck these hotels out

http://www.awardvacations.net/web/ChooseHotel.aspx

Residence Inn is usually pretty nice. We've stayed in them a couple of times. How far away, do you know?

The dates are o.k. with me end of July weekend, how about for Linda, she and I are driving together from MIchigan/Milwakee yea.... just call us Thelma and Louise.... but we are stopping before the CLIFF :)

You two stay away from Niagara Falls on the way, okay???

There once was a lady named Ruby,

Who had a problem wit one of her boobies,

She got it fixed today,

And we all yelled hooray,

Here's hoping the new girls are real cuties!

:w00t::hurray::w00t::hurray:

Very cute.... AND, clever!! We have a poet in our midst!! Impressive!!

Totally off subject! So my BF emailed me last night and had just had it with his job. He hates it...he always has. Now he wants to go part time.

Okay... I have two thoughts on this subject... First, a suggestion.. do some brainstorming... Maybe you can come up with a homebased business that he can do at home. Secondly, I worked in something like a "call center" for five years... two different ones, actually. Both were as Pre-cert nurse for health insurance companies. Even as an RN, no respect for you as a person. The only thing that counts is PHONE STATS!! It got so bad that we were told we had to ask permission to go to the rest room. Excuse me??? I was a woman in my 50's at the time, a professional, and I have to ask permission to go take a pee???? I couldn't do it... too much pride, I guess. So I made myself a sticky note "potty pass".. I think that's what I wrote on it. And I would stick it on myself when I was going to the rest room and point at it as I walked by the "team leader" with a silly grin, smart ass that I am!! Phone jobs totally suck~~~!!

I think I may be having some side effects from the zoloft. Is it too soon to say I've become a raving bitch on it?

Maybe I need some zoloft!! Maybe it would give me the balls to tell off Uncle Ed!! Remember Uncle Ed??? My mother's live-in lover, my Dad's younger brother?? I called my Mom yesterday and he answered the phone. He says, "So, how much have you lost now?" I told him 70 lb. He says, "are you skinny now??" I said, "No, I have 100 lb to go." He says.... are you ready for this??? "I hope you make it!! You should've done it a long time ago!!" GRRRRRRR!! What a jerk!!

you can't be chatting the minute you wake up - you gotta let me have my coffee first ok :w00t: I am a morning person but you gotta let me have a cup of coffee first... OMW are you going to clean the room too :w00t: Well i am pretty neat - so it won't be a problem :w00t:

Janet- no worry about me talking in the am. I am not a morning person and need at least an hour after I wake up before I am ready to chat or be social so I think we would be good. :w00t: Now the cleaning the room. HAHA I like to keep things picked up but when I am not at home I am lots more relaxed. :smile2: Give me a couple of drinks and wow I could care less!

I'd get along well with both of you... definitely NOT a morning person and one of my worst vices is not controlling CLUTTER!! Drives DH crazy!! Janet, you might consider gettin' the girl some champagne/o.j. and make the girl a Mimosa every morning!!

:)

Do you remember the kids book "The Saggy Baggy Elephant"? That's me. Both upper and lower arms, upper thighs, belly and boobs...........all wrinkled and jiggly.

HAVE A GREAT DAY. HAVE I MENTIONED I AM GLAD TO BE BACK??

And we're glad you're back!! I can relate to the saggy baggy!! My thighs are grotesque!!

We understand not everyone can afford this trip or any trip - someone will have a lap top and we will take pics to post and report all about our trip. I am really looking forward to it..

I always have my camera in my purse... I am a picture taker!! I'll take lots and then post them so everyone can see them.

Shop around for a surgeon. :w00t:

Did you check on any surgeons in Mexico?? I heard there's a good one in Tijuana who does laser lip, which is a fairly new technique.

Janet, hope things with your family are going better today and that your son is coming to his senses!!

You could have done Phyls 3 bite rule if you really wanted some. So tonite reward yourself in someway (nonfood wise) tonight for being strong and deterimined - you are in control now not the food -

That reminded me... yesterday they did this annual free appreciation lunch for all the residents.. all you had to do was fill out an evaluation form. Oh, what an opportunity to complain about the internet, the crappy roads, but I forgot to tell them they need to replace the bike rack they took out a couple of months ago.. Anyway, lunch is usually hamburgers and/or hot dogs, chips, ice cream. So I'd planned to eat a burger without the bun and maybe the ice cream bar. But when we got there.... Sloppy Joes... so I asked for 1/2. Then after a few bites I was starting to feel full, so I decided I wouldn't eat any more of the bun, I gave all but about 3 chips to DH and I STILL was planning to eat the ice cream! So when they came around with it I picked a fudgcicle. but after a few bites, it was tasting too sweet and I really was comfortable full and satisfied, so gave that to DH, too! TOPS weigh in was at 5:30 pm so I was keeping that in mind, too. I didn't lose anything this week, but stayed the same. That's okay. That's what I do.. drop 4-5 lb then take a couple of weeks to level off at that weight and then another drop. I can live with that. Next fill when we get home... April 14 appt. but I feel like I have pretty good restriction. DH gets upset when I say that... I think he doesn't think I'm losing fast enough and he's quite adamant about me needing a fill. None of his business, right??!! But, it HAS been 6 months!! Or it will be by April.

BTW, Aunt Genny not doing well... down to 80-90 lb, hair almost gone, has to be carried from place to place, DIL feeds her because if she feeds herself she gets tired after a couple of bites and quits. I told Mom to expect a downward spiral. She says she knows, but my sister says there is still a lot of denial. She keeps asking my sister if she thinks Aunt Genny will get better.

DH is snoring.... 2 glasses of wine!! :smile2::tt1: so he's not complaining because I still have his laptop!! HEE HEE!!

So I fed them healthy! Actually my principal came by today during the last period of the day because he heard that I had food. He said he was making his rounds to all the teachers that he heard had food so that he could get his meal for the day. He was very surprised when he got there because he kept hearing that "Miss Salas has a ton of food" so he figured that he was going to score. He was the only dang person to complain today!:banghead: He couldn't believe after indulging in ice cream, pizza, doughnuts, cupcakes, and other baked goodies that I was actually serving fruit and vegetables. I was actually very proud of what I served them, and the kids didn't complain at all. The gobbled up the celery and Peanut Butter.

I hope you are feeling better, and my mom is right...all those calories in a peach cobbler are not worth it. You certainly made the right choice.:) I always ask myself if it is worth working off the calories in the gym: if it is I eat it and then go to the gym, if it is not I just skip it. Phyl has her three bite rule and I have that one. It is all about finding what works for you.

Alright. I did it. Check out the ticker! Moved it to a goal of 160. Also I set up an appointment with one of our school counselors to talk about my mental issues that I am having. I need to figure out how to get it out of my head that I am not 80+ pounds heavier. So I decided she could help me get a start and if not recommend me to someone in the area.

Alright off to the gym as soon as I find my sports bras. Couldn't find them this morning. And yes...I have to wear 2:sad_smile:

Phyl; Give him another glass of wine and then give him YOUR computer... keep the fast one for yourself!! :banghead:

Janet: So you've picked a room -mate already huh?? That's great... I think this road trip will be such a blast.. I've been to Michigan many, many times but never Wisconsin or Minesota...

Kira, glad you are back from Florida... are you going to join us at Mall of America???

O.k. did something bizarre but needed today. I went to a Hypnotist, I need to stop eating Chocolate!!! My meals have been very good, small portions but I've been stopping at Tim Hortons and having choc chip Cookies (oh yeah, they go down just fine - even when I choke and PB on everything else)

I am tired of being stuck at 184 and July is looming.... I want to be skinny like the rest of you when I get to M of Am.

Anyway, under Hypnosis she regressed me back to childhood when I was really shamed by someone (won't bore you with the details here) and this was linked to my eating JUNK food... then after I've eaten the junk food I have intense feelings of SHAME... it was kind of enlightening.. anyways I'll let you know how it works for me... Its the "head hunger" stuff that really sabotages me... the surgery makes be eat LESS but still I am not losing,,, and I know its gotta be these 'extras'...

Well, that's my true confession for today :)

Read a couple more pages. I'm slowly catching up. It's time to respond.

Karri - after seeing your pics, you'll easily reach goal when they remove the excess skin. Just be sure to donate all that spare skin. Someone out there will love you for it. I owe it to my little angel granddaughter Jayli to mention it to you.

Peaches - (I think) yes, I live in Michigan. I hate to drive so sharing rides would work for me. It would probably be closest to go through the UP but I'm, not sure about going across the bridge. The ferry is a good idea, but it is expensive. I checked it out a couple years ago. I just can't commit myself at this time. Hubby is usually pretty easy going but since he is retired, he's a little weird about some things. Sounds like fun.

GOT A FEW MORE THINGS TO DO BEFORE BEDTIME SO I'LL CHECK IN TOMORROW. BYE

Phyl, You've got a great attitude on your weight loss. I feel the same way. In the old days it would have been all or nothing, needing to lose continuously, but now I'm matter of fact about. Of course I prefer when it comes off quickly, but if not today, it will be tomorrow or next week. No sweat, no worries!

All, sounds llike everyone is very positive and up today. That's grea to hear!

Tried on bathing suits since I'm going back to Florida next week and I'd gotten too small for a couple of them, that's a first, since they are usually form fitting. I love this feeling.

Take care and good night!

Greetings All:

Janet - thanks for the info on how to include quotes in my messages. But, this computer dummy has another question???? How on earth, or more appropriately where on earth do I add a fancy name from glitterfactory or my weight change from tickerfactory? I can't figure out where on my account these go. Can someone please help!

I read as many posts as I can, but don't always have time to respond.

So, everyone keep up the good work!

Priscilla

Good Morning Gang - TGIF

Well you didn't hear from me last night cuz I was just too tired to get on the computer.. Came home and GS had cleaned my house - so I just vegged in front of the TV..

I think the Residence Inn is a good choice by the looks of the map its right around the corner and they have shuttles to Mall & Airport...

Peaches you and Linda better stay away from the cliffs !!!

Phyl - Tell Uncle Ed to go you know what - I am a lady so I won't say the actual words (ya right :angry_smile:) - You are doing great 70lbs - and just cuz you didint' lose this week we know that in a week or 2 you will drop 4-5-6 lbs.

Son is staying away from me - I dropped the girls off on Wed and he had this big smile on his face and then ran in the house - he knows his mother and her temper..

Brandy - I bet you can now get a two piece - at 144 - you go girl... I haven't tried on suits yet - I have one or 2 that might fit - but after a few more tanning sessions I may venture into that section at the stores.

Peaches - I know ppl who did that for smoking and it worked - hope it works for you - and we all have those stories - we will share all that junk at our gab fest in July.. Especaily after a few cocktails... I will warn you all right now - I am one of those people who just love everyone when I have a little buzz - but you all know already how much I love you guys now - so if we have cocktails don't be shocked if I tell you all again and cry...

I think I am very lucky that I haven't really caved into any major wanting stuff (candy/brownies) - I wonder why - last night on the way home from worked I stopped at the store cuz I wanted some of this new juice "Plum Something" 60 calories 8 oz for the lite - well Stater Brothers use to carry sf angel food cake - I looked for it cuz it's good with a little yogurt and furit - well they don't carry it anymore. So ended up with just some strawberries - then GS was going out to starbucks and asked if I wanted anything - I wanted rocky road ice cream from 31 flavors - I figured 1 scoop would be ok - then I said no - he was being super nice (must want something & his bday is on tues) and said he would get it for me - I said no that ok - I don't need it. I think about this stuff - but just haven't actual gone out to eat it or get it - I think I am afraid to - cuz if I start - then I will slowly slip back into my old eating habits -

Pris

Phyl can help with the glitter - I took mine off as it's wasn't working half the time - I just did a word signature... (I remember that you do it just like you do your ticker - google glitter signature I think)

Phly - can you help Pris with Glitter...

Karri - How funny you mentioned the school counsler - I was thinking about that for both you and Steph - See you guys I spend alot of time thinking about you all - but I didn't know if you wanted someone where you work to know your business...

Ok I started this an hr ago - I gotta get stuff done - I will ck back later

Hi all....crazy night so I didn't get on here. Between my dysfunctional family and all the crazieness that goes with life, it was 11 before we crawled into bed.

I won't bore you with all of that and hopefully I can share of few things later....but....wanted you all to know that I didn't fall off the face of the planet. We are taking the family to Minot tonight to stay at a motel that has a Water park...very cool....and then go onto Bismarck to shop for my new bathroom stuff that they are going to start NEXT WEEK!!!!

I'm actually looking forward to the water park because I got lasik last year and can see....and I'm not afraid of getting into the tubes!!! I'm going to really enjoy it. And climbing all those stairs!!! They don't even worry me. I have no doubt that I'll be up and down all night.

Zoloft seems to be having some strange effects. I'm exhausted in the evenings like usual but the minute I lay down in a dark room I'm wide awake. So...Im not sleeping well. However, big blow up last night at home and I didn't even ever raise my voice. I don't even think my blood pressure went out of control. That was nice. However, today the super came to talk to me and he was upset and my ears started ringing. It was almost like lightheadedness. I don't know. I like how much calmer I am but some of the other stuff...I'm not sure. I'm still not eating a ton so that might have something to do with it. Oh....and when I yawn, it makes me gag....like my tongue is too thick in the back or something....I can't explain. But I'm blaming it all on the zoloft because it all started when I started taking it. I know it has to build up in my system but dr. said that since I was so sick and dehydrated and my system was going to be trying to right itself, it may not take the week to seven days that it normally does.

Anyways....gotta go.

For anyone who knows what I'm talking about..... Happy pi day!!!!!

I think I am very lucky that I haven't really caved into any major wanting stuff (candy/brownies) - I wonder why - last night on the way home from worked I stopped at the store cuz I wanted some of this new juice "Plum Something" 60 calories 8 oz for the lite - well Stater Brothers use to carry sf angel food cake - I looked for it cuz it's good with a little yogurt and furit - well they don't carry it anymore. So ended up with just some strawberries - then GS was going out to starbucks and asked if I wanted anything - I wanted rocky road ice cream from 31 flavors - I figured 1 scoop would be ok - then I said no - he was being super nice (must want something & his bday is on tues) and said he would get it for me - I said no that ok - I don't need it. I think about this stuff - but just haven't actual gone out to eat it or get it - I think I am afraid to - cuz if I start - then I will slowly slip back into my old eating habits -

I am with you on that one. Only problem is when you are getting everyone and there dog (including your doc) telling you that you need to stop losing weight. If money wasn't tight I would go get one of those body fat % scales so that I could show everyone that I still have fat on me. My BF told me this morning that what I think it fat is really just skin (not just on my belly!) Don't know if I believe him. Then again I don't know if I would believe anyone. So I went to the PE/health teacher for nutrition tips and they said that 1500 calories is too low since I am not wanting to lose a whole lot of weight. I think I am going to have to have some of my fill removed. Though I am telling you that people would kill for the level of restriction that I have. But I can't get enought calories and Water in. To get the amount of calories I need I have to snack all day long. I only got 20 oz of water in yesterday. :angry_smile: The suggestion the teacher gave is that I need to start eating higher calorie foods. "Go ahead and have that piece of cheesecake and don't feel bad about it" Ummmmm....that is what got me to a 17000$ bill and major surgery. I don't care about those foods any more. But on the other hand I can't eat enough of the good foods to maintain. I know this is a problem that people wish they had and I feel a little guilty posting here about this but I don't know where else to turn. I don't want to post on the at/near goal because I don't know them and you are my family. I have really been on emotional roller coaster this week. I kept saying that I needed to see a nutritionist before, but now I really think I do. Just flustered!

For anyone who knows what I'm talking about..... Happy pi day!!!!!

Yes it is pi day. Mol day is in October for all of us chemistry folks! Wow Steph we really are nerds. I always tell my students that there is a nerd that lives inside of each one of us. Some of us just let it out of the cage more often than others. Mine is pretty much out at all times and has free reign of whatever I say!

don't know what Pi day is about. Sorry.

I'm bumed. Despite sticking to the plan and even walking twice this week, I didn't loose. In fact I gained 1 1/2. Now, maybe it's because I moved the scale to another room b/c dd is home, but none the less I am really down. I have to travel next week, so it will be harder to stick to the program, but I will. Then I have to deal with Easter. . . This is getting old. Unlike most of you, food still is calling me. Oh, for a McDonalds fish sandwich, a Ruben Sandwich, or Bailey's Irish Cream to Celebrate St. Patty's. I am hopeless. Utterly hopeless.