Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good morning ladies. I'm in a gooooooooooood mood today.

I'm also down to 186lbs today. My official weigh in day isn't until Sat. I don't change my ticker until then. And typically when I've gained, I don't change it at all. :eek: So I'm looking forward to being able to make that adjustment as well.

All-in-all things are looking up, and I'm a much happier camper.

Janet - good morning. I've come to expect you to have left a little message for your flock every morning. When it's not here I think there's something wrong with the world. It's always comforting to have our band angel check in each day. :)

Ruby - CONGRATS 186 - WAY TO GO GIRL - YOU ARE DOING IT...

I am happy to read that you are feeling better - I am so happy I got a flu shot - knock on wood I haven't really been sick this winter - a couple days over new years had a tad of a cold but nothing big..

Yep - I am here most morning:biggrin2: - It's the first place I come when I get to work -:biggrin2: so many of you are on after I get off at nite usually around 7 or 8 - I can't be on the computer after 9 p.m. cuz then I can't sleep and 5 a.m. comes early :rolleyes:-

I just want to say Hi to all my GF's - and wish everyone a good day.

I love readying what everyone is doing in their day to day life - just like you do when you get to work - you chat with your friends on what they did the night before - or over the weekend...

Well back to the grind - ck in later...

Hello Everyone, I'm back at work today, didn't go anywhere for Mardi Gras.

Phyl - Congrats on the 4 lbs!!!!!!!

Janet - 3 lbs!!!!! Ya hooooooo!!!!!!

Kari - A mile, OMG !!!!! I can't even run to the mailbox.

Kartrina - I'm calling the plastic surgeon today. I want a breast reduction this summer. I don't want to do it, but I have no choice. I can't live with these things. I have a friend who did it. Insurance paid for it, and he did the Tummy Tuck for 5000.00.

Good morning all. What a busy morning. Woke up to my little boy throwing up. Just what I needed. I had to go into work to take care of sub plans for the day. Now I'm home. On days like today I wish I didn't work 35 miles away. When I got home my 13 year old had come home from school sick too. Oh lovely! I'm not sure if he's really sick or just faking since he knew his little brother was sick....but it's his first sick day of the school year so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. If nothing else, he must have needed a mental health day like I did earlier this week. Glad I didn't take it then.

Karri--WOW!!! 1 mile!!! Running!!! I'm all but speechless. You have been such an inspiration. The dream of running by the end of the summer doesn't seem quite so out of reach!

Peaches--I loved the joke. DH was not nearly as impressed. He said something about it only happening once. To which, I said, "I hope so, I didn't think I married an idiot." Again, he did not see the humor.

Phyll--Your numbers astound me. I think you did more in one week than I did all month. And they say the weight loss slows down the further out you are. My team said to shoot for 8 lbs per month and be happy with 6....You are another idol.

Janet--Sometimes people need to hear the cold hard truth. For many, hinting at it or sugar coating it isn't good enough. If you said it, she must have needed to hear it...otherwise something (I believe, God) would have curbed your tongue and softened the blow. I'm sure your, what you consider an, outburst was exactly what was called for. My team doesn't think much of chatting with others online about this journey, but I think it's a great educational tool. I think there are too many gullible people out there that take everything they read as gospel. I take it all with a grain of salt. Like our bands, it's only a TOOL and we have to do the actual WORK. Anyways....never pull punches when it's something important.

Well, I'm going to go snuggle my little guy and try to make him feel better. I'll be on and off all day. I have a ton of grading to get caught up with. Maybe today really will be a blessing.

[quote name='Twilight;715557

]Good morning all. What a busy morning. Woke up to my little boy throwing up.

Janet--Sometimes people need to hear the cold hard truth. For many' date=' hinting at it or sugar coating it isn't good enough. If you said it, she must have needed to hear it...otherwise something (I believe, God) would have curbed your tongue and softened the blow. I'm sure your, what you consider an, outburst was exactly what was called for. My team doesn't think much of chatting with others online about this journey, but I think it's a great educational tool. I think there are too many gullible people out there that take everything they read as gospel. I take it all with a grain of salt. Like our bands, it's only a TOOL and we have to do the actual WORK. Anyways....never pull punches when it's something important.

.[/quote']

Steph - I forgot earlier - Are you a QVC girl??? Your outfit in you pic looks like one I almost ordered a while ago :)

Yep there is a flu bug going around my GD & DIL both had it - I sure don't want it - first one end then the other - and we aren't suppose to throw up, becareful that you don't pick it up too.

I agree with you on things needing to be said - I think i pissed someone off on another thread - stating 75% of the work is up to you - they say that the band will do 75% of the work - I told them that it's more mental than phyiscal the work that needs to be done to really commit to this lifetime lifestyle change....

What do you all think??

I agree with you on things needing to be said - I think i pissed someone off on another thread - stating 75% of the work is up to you - they say that the band will do 75% of the work - I told them that it's more mental than phyiscal the work that needs to be done to really commit to this lifetime lifestyle change....

What do you all think??

I'd be doomed to fail if I thought the band was going to do 75% of the work! I don't think I've ever expected ANY weight loss regime to do the work for me. Every food choice I make is mine. Every exercise choice I make is mine. Every mistake I make is mine. It's a lifetime of MY choices. The band doesn't run my life, nor should it ever. It's there to help me run it properly and effectively because nothing else has worked so far. Someone in another thread needs an attitude adjustment. :)

I'd be doomed to fail if I thought the band was going to do 75% of the work! I don't think I've ever expected ANY weight loss regime to do the work for me. Every food choice I make is mine. Every exercise choice I make is mine. Every mistake I make is mine. It's a lifetime of MY choices. The band doesn't run my life, nor should it ever. It's there to help me run it properly and effectively because nothing else has worked so far. Someone in another thread needs an attitude adjustment. :)

Thanks for the validation Ruby !!!!

(I knew my girls would have my back:thumbup:)

They aren't banded yet and so they don't really know and you know how I am - I don't want anyone to rely on the solely for their weight loss - I want us all to succeed. Not fail and with that kind of thinkig imho you are doomed for failure...

I'll head over to that thread and put my $0.02 worth in a little later. For now I'm off for a walk to the P.O to mail some things, then pick up something for hubby's lunch. But when I get back I'll go to that thread you mentioned. I did a search on your posts to find out where it was. :)

That is why it pisses me off when people make the comment about others "doing it on their own!" Hello!!!!! I will give them my 2 cents as well, but not until I have sacrificed my self to the world of education. Today is conferences (I personally think that conferences at the high school level are a waste of time) and we have a scheduled 14 hour work day. That means of course that I put in an additional 4 hours as normal so I that makes an 18 hour work day for me. You should see the look of excitement on my face.

Okay just had to check in cause I was going to run out in the middle of the street and beg a car to hit me if I didn't. So far I have graded 286 projects 143 labs, and 120 tests. Now I have to enter about 875 grades into my electronic gradebook that they force us to use. AND IF ONE MORE STUDENT COMES IN HERE AND ASKS ME IF THEY CAN MAKE UP A TEST YOU ARE GOING TO SEE ME ON THE NEWS.

That is why it pisses me off when people make the comment about others "doing it on their own!" Hello!!!!! I will give them my 2 cents as well, but not until I have sacrificed my self to the world of education. Today is conferences (I personally think that conferences at the high school level are a waste of time) and we have a scheduled 14 hour work day. That means of course that I put in an additional 4 hours as normal so I that makes an 18 hour work day for me. You should see the look of excitement on my face.

Okay just had to check in cause I was going to run out in the middle of the street and beg a car to hit me if I didn't. So far I have graded 286 projects 143 labs, and 120 tests. Now I have to enter about 875 grades into my electronic gradebook that they force us to use. AND IF ONE MORE STUDENT COMES IN HERE AND ASKS ME IF THEY CAN MAKE UP A TEST YOU ARE GOING TO SEE ME ON THE NEWS.

Ok baby girl I don't want to have to come and bail you out of jail - and for murder - I don't think I have enought $$$$ even if they did give you bail.

And I get to meet you first - so you can't die - it's not allowed...

Hugs for that kind of work - I just couldn't do it - well maybe when I was your age - but I look at it I have put in my due and I really don't want to work that hard anymore - I worked hard - but not those kind of hours ...

at work right now, s/b working but my px likes it quiet so I am complying...hee,hee

I think the BAND does 50% of the work, the physical part but MAN My other 50% , my HEAD needs a lot of effort. I still have to choose the BEST foods for my body , no always the ones that I WANT to eat@!!!

but you already know that LOL

Karri, 1 mile.. that's phenominal, I couldn't even run a kilometer!!! (5/8ths of a mile for all you Yanks)

Have a great day everyone..

Me: still restricted!!! Yeah:w00t:

I so wish that this band did 75% of the work for me! I am so fusterated right now because I have not lost a dang thing in a week and a half. It's awefull to be here. I am doing everything I am suppose to do. I am making good food choices, eating about 3/4 C. of food for lunch and dinner,(breakfast is a shake) I am walking a couple miles everyday - every other day. I havn't had any bad foods in weeks. I have been working very hard and yet have not lost a pound. My band has great restriction, I have no idea how to get out of this platue(sp). I even tried upping the calories.:tt1:

Anyways, whoever says that the band will do 75% of the work for you is a pea brain. I feel that I have to work every day, very hard to get where I am. My band is a tool! and that is it, a tool! somedays when I am restricted it would be so much easier to eat chocolate, ice cream and chips than it is to try to chew my salad to death to have it go down with out complications. If I don't exercise than it takes forever for it to come off. So I am with you, It sure in the heck does not do 75% of the work, I could only wish it did. It has been an awesome tool for me but I still have to work at it. I think for me knowing that the band is in there and I spent money out of my own pocket makes me appreciate it even more and that motivates me to use this tool the best that I can.

Also Ladies.... all those Pict are so awesome. You guys look so great!:regular_smile:

and the 3-4lbs you guys are loosing a week is so great, way to go ladies:thumbup:

Becca

Steph - I forgot earlier - Are you a QVC girl??? Your outfit in you pic looks like one I almost ordered a while ago :biggrin:

Yep there is a flu bug going around my GD & DIL both had it - I sure don't want it - first one end then the other - and we aren't suppose to throw up, becareful that you don't pick it up too.

What do you all think??

I am a qvc girl. I bought that outfit when I took some of my students to the east coast for a tour. It was wonderful for the springtime. And that citiknit material will STRETCH!!! I LOVE it! Or did before I wanted to show off my weight. You could never really tell where the clothes were and where I was, so I could pretend. I LOVE qvc and DH sometimes threatens to take away the channel, but he watches his "build it bigger" shows and I watch all that lovely "stuff". Living in the boonies, I have no choice. No malls. Nothing other than Walmart within 90 miles. Qvc is my answer!

I talked to my PA about the flu bug. She said that I was crazy if I thought I was never going to throw up again. She said that a day worth of vomiting would not hurt me and that is really what happens with the stomch flu, you throw up a few times and you are done. She said that is what happens with the band, and what we need to avoid, is the vomiting that we so affectionately call PBing. I still have some suppositories in the fridge from my PCP and will get more if I get the flu. I'd rather be safe than sorry. I don't have another $20 grand for removal/replacement.

I went and added my 2 cents to the thread that you were talking about. I felt bad though because last time I said something like that in the Merry Loser forum I was called "preachy". Its funny how upset people get when you don't say what they want you to....even if their thinking needs some serious adjustment. Oh well. You guys have been pretty good...and hopefully you will tell me if I get too over the top. I was going to add something about her way of thinking being the same as People magazine and Oprah's, but didn't think it was necessary. Maybe someone else will make that point. Karri had some great points earlier this week.:tongue2:

Thanks guys with all your kind words on my pictures. :blushing: I went back and looked and it does look like my neck is thinner and longer. That was kinda cool. I hadn't noticed. Kiddos are sleeping and all is quiet in the frozen north.

Oh, Karri, I'm sorry about the conferences. Here they are BAD, but not THAT BAD! :eek: You said you weren't going to kill yourself over these kids...and yet you are going to put in 18 hours instead of the 14 required? :eek: Now my dear, it doesn't sound like you are following through. Don't kill them or yourself, take it out on the treadmill or bike at the gym. And after 1 hour at the gym maybe you can do more work faster since the adrenaline will be pumping. 18 hours is too much :tt1:....you're still getting over sick. Tomorrow is Friday. Don't ruin your weekend over these kids. They don't ruin theirs over you.:regular_smile:

:regular_smile::confused::tt1: I have to go back and read cause I don't know what da hell you gals are talking about. I've been absent a while. When I have days off, I sleep late.

Question - This morning I woke up at 4:00am because my chest (stomach) hurt. It hurt bad, bad enough to wake me up. I drank a little Water and the pain lessened. This is not the first time this happens, this pain has woken me up before. It has also happened to a lesser degree during the day if I haven't been drinking enough. Does anyone get this pain?

It is scary.

Janet - I went and looked, I can't find it. What are ya'll talking about? What thread did you leave the comment on?

I so wish that this band did 75% of the work for me! I am so fusterated right now because I have not lost a dang thing in a week and a half. It's awefull to be hereI have no idea how to get out of this platue(sp). I even tried upping the calories.:tt1:

Also Ladies.... all those Pict are so awesome. You guys look so great!:regular_smile:

and the 3-4lbs you guys are loosing a week is so great, way to go ladies:thumbup:

Becca

Becca you are doing great 61 lbs gone - you can't beat that :blushing:- i am so afarid of that platue (sp) - cuz so far I have always lost something even if it's just 1/2 lb in a week.. So I know it's around the corner

How many calories are you eating - what did you get them up and how often/long

At the support group I went to on Tuesday they gave us a site

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

It's basicly for bypass but I think the leader said it helped with Platues too.. Phyl do you remember??