Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Phyl- You look GREAT!!! What a difference ALL OVER. You can definately see that the last 6 months have treated you right. You are doing wonderful!!! Happy Bandiversary!!! Mine is in 2 days!!

My gf sent this to me - sounds good so I thought i would share - I will add it to the recepit thread if its still there - i just alway come here - I never go to july 2007 then here - I am glad we aren't like some of the other groups who post new threads every other minute - I don't know why they don't meet all in one place - well i guess everyone can't be as smart as us:rolleyes:

White Bean Soup with Greens

In the dead of winter, there's nothing like a bowl of hot Soup to warm your soul and liven up your senses. Plus, broth-based bean- and vegetable-laden Soups do more than cure the cold-weather blues: They make a wonderfully filling addition to a meal. Here's a South Beach Diet version of a tasty classic soup.

Makes 6 servings

Description

This southern Italian soup features white Beans. Choose from great northern Beans, cannellini beans, or any other white bean you happen to have on hand.

Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds Swiss chard, escarole, or beet greens, trimmed

6 cups chicken broth

1 clove garlic, crushed

1 cup cooked white beans

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper

Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish

Red pepper flakes, for garnish

Instructions

1. Bring a large pot of Water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the greens and cook for 7 minutes, or until barely tender. Drain the greens, squeezing out as much Water as possible. (This can be done several hours before the greens cook in the soup. It is not necessary to cut the greens, because they will break apart as they cook in the soup.)

2. Bring the broth to a simmer in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and greens. If using canned white beans, place them in a strainer and rinse them under cold running water to remove excess sodium. Add the beans to the broth. Simmer gently, partially covered, for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper to taste. (Do not add the salt until the soup has finished cooking, or it may become too salty.)

3. Ladle the soup into heated bowls. Pass the cheese and pepper flakes at the table.

Nutritional Information:

79 calories

2 g total fat (1 g sat)

0 mg cholesterol

12 g carbohydrate

6 g Protein

4 g Fiber

[quote=IndioGirl55;694495Hey Chim - CONGRATULATION 44 LBS GONE... Can't wait to see your pic's – And Please come around more often – last night I was thinking about all the people who don’t post anymore –You - Sunny – Jeanine – Lynette – Marcy – Dini (well her and Marcy do stick their heads in every now and then) and I know I am missing a whole lot more but – I am old so please forgive me I a forgetting a lot of names but these are the ones that are coming to me this second.

Hay Indio - Here I am popping my head in! Things are good here...lots of snow! Which means lots of shovelling! Which means EXCERSIZE! Yuck! But I'm doing it and keeping active...if that's all I can do. I'm still working out at least 3 times a week with a class and then there's all that shovelling!Ahhh, so much to do, so little time! I'm looking forward to spring, but rest assured that THAT won't happen until May - at least...just count your blessings you "Lower 48 folks". I'm down another couple of pounds...that plateau was going to kill me! I'm chalking it up to working out. Although I've noticed a trend that when I have a "bad eating" couple of days I drop a couple of pounds! I don't like this trend, it makes eating crap look good!

Hello Everyone,

I was looking around and have seen some great plans people have and thought that I would try the couch to 5k run!:tongue: SO.... I was just wondering what you ladies have done for your routine and if any one has done or tried the couch to 5k run?...

Becca

WannaBfatfree...I'm going to start the Couch to 5K plan. I'm so excited. I've always wanted to run, but it just wasn't possible to do it at my size...

Hey Indio, Marcy, Auntie Phyll, Jackie, Peaches, Frustrated, Kristin, Forgv, Dini...and everyone else!!! I miss the gang!

Thank you Janet! It's always nice to hear someone has noticed because sometimes its hard to tell yourself. I went in for my 4th fill last week and I am FINALLY feeling restriction. I am so excited. (i have one of those dr's who will only let you come in to get a fill every 6 weeks) so its been a slow process. Sometimes I get really discouraged because I see everyone who has lost 60, 70 pounds and im not losing that fast. But it does feel good to hear someone can see a difference. LoL Hopefully now that i have some restriction the pounds will start falling off! haha! I still dont feel tight, but maybe in another 5 weeks! agh... my dr. is so conservative! LoL Have a good day everyone!

Don't get discouraged. I'm down 45 pounds and very happy with my results. I'm averaging 1.6 pounds a week which is a healthy rate.

Hey Marcy

I notice that too - the days that I eat 1200 1300 calories are the days the lbs seem to come off - When I did Jenny Craig - I noticed that one day you had just a little food and then the next day you had more - I think it's what gets your metabolism going - the varying of calories -

Shoveling snow - UGH - Not for me - but its good exercise for sure.

Kathybad is another one who we don't hear from much anymore - come on Ladies who aren't posting - come back..

I'm going to start the Couch to 5K plan. I'm so excited. I've always wanted to run, but it just wasn't possible to do it at my size...

Chim - I don't think I will ever run - last night at the gym my treadmill (yes it is my personal treadmill (under a fan)- I don't understand why other don't see my name written on it and get on it ) was occupied - so I thought I would try the elliptical - OMG - I was on it about 3 minutes then found another treadmill till mine was free - I am not coordinated enough to do that and it hurt my thighs & my knees - So Linda see I don't work out that hard - I did put the treadmill up to 5 incline for 1 songs - and kept it on 1 or 2 for most of my 3 miles.

Ok gang - just cking in before I start my day... Will ck back later.

Where the heck have you been girl???

WE've missed you... and congrats on the 14lb loss...:tt1:

You have done very well since banding and we are proud of you girl :lol:

Thank you Peaches!!! I'm proud of myself, too. The Band is sooo awesome!!! :rolleyes2:

Jackie, your smiley on the trampoline cracks me up!!

Indio, We'll see how this running bit plays out. I'll have to keep ya'll posted...I think I need to start toning up...I'm not saggy, but I want some shape and definition...guess I may need to see a personal trainer, but the $$ not there for that right now. I'll figure s'thing out.

Chim - I don't think I will ever run - last night at the gym my treadmill (yes it is my personal treadmill (under a fan)- I don't understand why other don't see my name written on it and get on it ) was occupied - .

:rolleyes2:

I completely understand your treadmill issue!! I have the same problem in the locker room at the pool. Ladies just don't seem to understand which shower is mine! Get real! I use it at the same time EVERY day! There's no excuse for someone else to be in it when it's MY TIME!!

Chim - I don't think I will ever run - last night at the gym my treadmill (yes it is my personal treadmill (under a fan)- I don't understand why other don't see my name written on it and get on it ) was occupied - so I thought I would try the elliptical - OMG - I was on it about 3 minutes then found another treadmill till mine was free - I am not coordinated enough to do that and it hurt my thighs & my knees - So Linda see I don't work out that hard - I did put the treadmill up to 5 incline for 1 songs - and kept it on 1 or 2 for most of my 3 miles.

Ok gang - just cking in before I start my day... Will ck back later.

You are too funny! I have my own personal treadmill, too, and I get annoyed when someone else is on it. :tt1: I mean, don't they know??? LOL. I want to try the elliptical, but I'm a little scared. Guess I'll try it tomorrow...:rolleyes2:

:tt1:

I completely understand your treadmill issue!! I have the same problem in the locker room at the pool. Ladies just don't seem to understand which shower is mine! Get real! I use it at the same time EVERY day! There's no excuse for someone else to be in it when it's MY TIME!!

You are too funny! I have my own personal treadmill, too, and I get annoyed when someone else is on it. :lol: I mean, don't they know??? LOL. I want to try the elliptical, but I'm a little scared. Guess I'll try it tomorrow...:huh2:

OMG thanks ladies for confirming my ignition about others being on my treadmill - I thought I was the only one with these elitists thoughts :lol:

Good I can keep on thinking - how dare they.... :lol::rolleyes2::eek:

I'm back. I decided to come out of hiding. The past couple days, I have been pedaling lots. Been doing about 150 minutes a day. The scale is back where it belongs and I am back on track. I thought and thought and I don't know what triggered my binge this week-end. I just couldn't get enough to eat. I felt so-o-o-o guilty but then again, it sure tasted good. Today was touch up day and got all the hair chopped off. It has either thinned greatly or lost all it's body, but it was dead. Now it is short, very short and perky.

Karri - How is the fill doing? Hope you're able to eat now.

Peaches - Sorry to hear about your band. Are you going to have to pay again, or how does that work? I would hate to have that happen to me.

HAVE A GOOD DAY LADIES. EAT SMART AND LOSE!!:rolleyes2:

I'm back. I decided to come out of hiding. The past couple days, I have been pedaling lots. Been doing about 150 minutes a day. The scale is back where it belongs and I am back on track. I thought and thought and I don't know what triggered my binge this week-end. I just couldn't get enough to eat. I felt so-o-o-o guilty but then again, it sure tasted good. Today was touch up day and got all the hair chopped off. It has either thinned greatly or lost all it's body, but it was dead. Now it is short, very short and perky.

Karri - How is the fill doing? Hope you're able to eat now.

Peaches - Sorry to hear about your band. Are you going to have to pay again, or how does that work? I would hate to have that happen to me.

HAVE A GOOD DAY LADIES. EAT SMART AND LOSE!!:rolleyes2:

Kari

Sometimes I think our bodies want the nutriants (sp) from the food

Glad you are out of hiding:tongue: - We missed you..

Just got called to a meeting...

later

WannaBfatfree...I'm going to start the Couch to 5K plan. I'm so excited. I've always wanted to run, but it just wasn't possible to do it at my size...

Hey Indio, Marcy, Auntie Phyll, Jackie, Peaches, Frustrated, Kristin, Forgv, Dini...and everyone else!!! I miss the gang!

That is so great, That is how it has been for me to much extra weight. Do you have any plans of when you are going to start?

I am thinking that I am going to start today!!!!!!:lol:

Wishing you the best

Becca

That is so great, That is how it has been for me to much extra weight. Do you have any plans of when you are going to start?

I am thinking that I am going to start today!!!!!!:)

Wishing you the best

Becca

DON'T THINK - DO IT!!!!:lol: - I started going to the gym a couple weeks before I was banded... Once I got the ok from my Doc to start again - I have been going ever since - 6 months - I have never stayed going to the gym this long in my entire life:eek: - Great NSV... but really cuz i go - it is a scale victory:biggrin:

Ok where is everyone tonight???

Well remember my problem with the Biggest Loser scale I bought - Well we have a scale at work so i got on it this morning and it matches my scale at home it's not digital but the the old fashion one with a needle - they use to sell them at costco - The called them doc scales - but they aren't like the ones at the doc's office

Well - not much to write about - go to the doc tomorrow for a fill i hope so I guess I should eat a good dinner cuz i will be on Soup for a couple of days - well - i guess i could make that Soup I posted - I think I will do that execpt means going to the store - but what the heck it's early.

Well off to the store - ck back later..