Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Sunny- I am sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is just as stressful as losing any loved one. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lynette- While I know it seem shocking that they are looking to the fine and gross motor skills of a three year old, this evaluation is a good thing. Sometimes kids dont develope in certain area's as quickly as others. If they tell you he is behind, you should call your local school district for an evaluation. He might be entitled to some occupational therapy- which will bring him up to where he should be. I am the mother of a learning disabled child, early intervention is key!! I wish the pre-schools at the time evaluated children back then and I would have been able to go to my school district for an evaluation, instead, my son was tested at a much later time, and he lost that important window of opportunity.

Maria, I am going through a similar situation after my first fill (2 ml) , and I definitly would NOT get another fill so soon--especially with your fasting month aproaching. My concern right now is that I am not able to get enough Protein (or other nutrients) or enough Water every day, and I don't want to lose the weight too fast.

GOOD GRIEF!! I can't believe all this!! For heaven's sake, laugh it off!! He's 3 yrs old and he's supposed to be able to write his name!! No way!! By these standards, our three pre-school grandchildren are all retarded!! Or at least significantly motor-challenged!! WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?? He's a normal kid!! Give me a break!! Give HUNTER a break!! Does anyone else besides me think this is ridiculous>>???? Lynette, quit worrying!!

:faint:

Oh my. I didn't realise he was only 3. That is a bit much to expect from (what I still consider) a toddler. My son also would not have been ready for Pre-K given the criteria Lynnette mentioned. He's no genius, but he's not stupid either, and lack of motor skills is NO reason to keep him from attending. I didn't even realise they tested children to get into Pre-K. I would do as someone else suggested and check out another school if possible.

Hi Eveyone!!!

Sorry its been so long since i've been on but i've been up to my eyes in work and baby, Being in work i try not to have Lapband on cos no one knows about my surgery and by them time i get home i'm just too tired

Also going to Italy on Sunday and trying to buy stuff for all 3 of us is proving difficult. Italy is very warm like 40 degree i dont know what that is in your temp sorry and all the clothes over here are for Fall and they are all too warm to be bring over.

I got a superb suprise the day b4 yesterday, i weight 174 now and i'm 5'4'' in height so i am no longer obease i am in the over weight catorogy and i'm so chuffed. 26 lbs down i'm really happy with that but i'm really trying to get it to 30lb by Sunday.

Also my baby sitter rang me up on saturday saying she wasn;t coming anymore, i siad fine bye and went to get another on and she was supose to start at 9am monday at 9.15 on monday she emails me to say she wont be coming. therefore i now can not go to the gym and i also have no time to even pee on my own. sorry to rant on to all of you but i've no-one else to bitch at...

Regarding my fill, i am still a little bit too restricted as i can hold very little down but i'm going to work with it. A very very good friend of mine is helping me out by getting me some Protein stuff in the states that i can not get in ireland. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

Sunny i am so so very sorry to hear about Daisy, A big hug from Annafrancesca and I and a sloppy kiss too...

Lynette, do they expect Hunter to by able to drive a car also. i can not believe how much they expect from little kids. I hope Hunter didn't know it was a test?

Fustrated i totally agree with you that it is ridiculous...TOTALLY

Auntie Phyl you can never stop being Auntie Phyl. How are you doing?

Chimboree my beautiful girlfriend how are you. i've missed you and everyone else lots.

Anna sorry for not getting back sooner but how cool is that that you are both Italian and Irish. I love it. do you ever come to Ireland ?? or even Italy. I so love italy i love the way of life. the only thing i hate is the way the Mothers mollycoddle there boys ahhhhhhhh its so annoying. and they never leave home cos they have it too handy

too everyone i missed i am sorry but i'm thinking of you all xx

Hi y'all. I have been out of town and know I have missed alot. If I get a chance I will go back and read messages. Let me know if there is anything I should know about.

I have had the most sh*tty day today. First, I went to the doc for my first fill. He does them in the office and has never had any problems accessing a port....until today. He could not access mine. He numbed me up so it didn't hurt but he stuck and stuck and could not access it. I am a little sore tonight. He scheduled me to do it under fluro tomorrow.

Then the most awful thing happend. I am so upset. The guys came today and are putting in my new flooring...Pergo. I go back to work after being a human pin cushion and get a call from the installer. My mom gets on the phone (she's 82) and tells me Daisy, my chihauhau was very sick looking and breathing funny. I talk to Ryan, the installer and he said she was lying her side. She could not walk. When she tried she was dragging her back legs. So I made arrangements to go home. I called back 2 minutes later and he said she was looking very bad and he felt she way dying. I got out to my car and call to let them know I was on my way and he said she was dead. He said she had some frothy blood around her mouth. The whole thing took like 10 minutes.

Its very hot here and I had her out on the deck. I thought I had killed her with heat. I called my brother, who is a veterinarian in Greenville and told him the symptoms. He said it sounded like a pulmonary embolus, blood clot to the lungs. He said it just happens sometimes and there is nothing you can do. I asked if the heat had killed her. He reassured me that she did not overheat on my deck in the shade. He said from the symptoms of back leg paralyis and frothy bloody sputum it was classic pulmonary embolism and there was nothing even he could have done even if she had been in his office. That made me feel slightly better, at least not like a murderer.

You have to understand with my kids out and on their own, Daisy was my baby. She even had her own pillow she slept on my bed. I have another dog, Rocky, a shitzu that was my daughter's and she left him here when she moved out so he would not be lonely without Daisy. He is a lot of comfort.

I know this may sound ridiculous to some but my Daisy was like a member of my family. I am so depressed.

Oh Sunny, My heart goes out to you... I understand as I have 2 babies (doggies) myself... Here are tons of hugs:girl_hug:. I know that this has to be so very hard for you - please know that you are in my prayers. I wish I could say or do something to help take that awful pain away - People say "it's only a dog" that's so untrue - they are your babies - they ARE your family...

xoxoxo

Janet

Hi all! Just stopping in to say a quick hello. Been on vacation with my kids for a couple weeks. I was hoping to pop on and catch up....silly me! I'll have to save the catch up for when I get back - too many pages to read!

I had my first fill before I left, and I can't say as I'm feeling a whole lot of restriction. I do get full on less than before, but not nearly like I expected. I am scheduled for another fill end of next week - hoping for better results. My weight loss isn't really moving much, but considering the kinds of things I've been eating on vacation, I'm just glad it hasn't gone up!!! I can eat pretty much anything right now - steak, Pasta...you name it. We had cake for my son's birthday last week, and that was a little difficult to get down. Had to drink a big glass of Water with it. Not something I would do often, but dang...it was good!

I hope you are all doing great!!! I'm looking forward to catching up next week!

;)

Hi Sarujah

You are correct. We are not supposed to drink with our meals but, if you have something stuck and its nots moving aftr 15 minutes, then you have to try to loosen the muscles around the area or break down the food that's stuck. I'm not saying that you need to gulp down a cup of hot tea but a small sip or 2 can help. Also, papaya juice has enzymes in it that are used as meat tenderizers. You could try having a sip or 2 of papaya juice.< /p>

Its very difficult getting used to this new lifestyle we've chosen. I hope that we all can get through the tough times by using eachother's suggestions instead of running to the emergency room at the hospital.

Dini, welcome back!!!

Icybreeze, welcome back!!

Sunny, been thinking of you all day. How did your fill go under floro.

Again, thanks for all the kind words about Hunter's situation. I am better today, and preparing for tomorrow. I know he is a smart child, and if he can not get in, then I will do eveything in my power to work with him the next year on everything he failed, so then he will be in front of the 4 years olds next year. What better teacher than his own mother.

I got a call from the doctors office today. They moved my 2nd fill up again to next Wednesday. I was kind of looking forward to doing the liquid stage on the weekend, but now I'll have to do it Thursday and Friday instead. Oh well.

I'm headed out for dinner with a friend, so I'll check in later.

Walking record

45 minutes doing walking and step aerobics in front of the the TV. Started slow then picked up the pace but I slowed down again. It was hard to get thru. It seems like everyday my feelings about excercise are different. I wish I could get to the point where I craved excercise instead of having to talk myself into it.

I must be the odd one out. I've had no problems with burping. Occasionally I'll hic cup once or twice, but that's about it. I also don't have a rumbly tummy. :cry

I'm with you Ruby - no noises - no burping ;):rolleyes: so you aren't alone

GOOD GRIEF!! I can't believe all this!! For heaven's sake, laugh it off!! He's 3 yrs old and he's supposed to be able to write his name!! No way!! By these standards, our three pre-school grandchildren are all retarded!! Or at least significantly motor-challenged!! WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?? He's a normal kid!! Give me a break!! Give HUNTER a break!! Does anyone else besides me think this is ridiculous>>???? Lynette, quit worrying!!

:faint:

I'm right there w/you Phyllser - Lynette - this is totally ridiculous - this is like something you see on tv were you gotta put your kids name on a list for the "pre-school" the day they are born - My grandaughter is 3 yrs old and thank heavens they didn't test her when she 1st when to pre-school last yr. She cried and cried and cried - for the first 2 yrs of her life she was only around mom, dad, sister (who is #2 mom) and other grandma - she wasn't use to being around people - very anti social - but now she is getting better - her speech is not as good as other 3 yrs old - but each child developes differently - her big sis has the same problem and has grown up to be VERY social and A to B grades.. Tell these people to JUMP IN A LAKE you don't want your kid going somewhere that is so judgemental. If you are really concerned talk to your pediatrician .

But he is just fine - ask us grandma's - We know ;) more that some little wanta be pre-school tearcher who gives stupid test.

After leaving surgery without being able to swallow Water, the idea of checking-before-departing sounds like a winner.

I'm with you Ruby - no noises - no burping ;):rolleyes: so you aren't alone

Wow! I made enough noises to be the full orchestra for the 1812 Overture...complete with guns and canon.

Dini, welcome back!!!

Icybreeze, welcome back!!

Sunny, been thinking of you all day. How did your fill go under floro.

Again, thanks for all the kind words about Hunter's situation. I am better today, and preparing for tomorrow. I know he is a smart child, and if he can not get in, then I will do eveything in my power to work with him the next year on everything he failed, so then he will be in front of the 4 years olds next year. What better teacher than his own mother.

I got a call from the doctors office today. They moved my 2nd fill up again to next Wednesday. I was kind of looking forward to doing the liquid stage on the weekend, but now I'll have to do it Thursday and Friday instead. Oh well.

I'm headed out for dinner with a friend, so I'll check in later.

Hi Lynette,

As a mother of an almost 26 year old (I was going to say "boy" but really should say "man"), let me shorten a very long story. My son was born in September, which put him in the end of things, time wise. When he was in pre-kindergarten the headmaster suggested that our son stay back one year. I was devastated!!! My brilliant, beautiful son, stay back a year!!! Well, after checking with family members who were both in the educational and psychology arenas, my husband and I decided that allowing him an extra year maybe was not a bad idea. Ah, the shortened story...my son just entered Penn State graduate school on a completely paid ticket through Phd. Each child marches to his/her own drummer. Bah, humbug on the pretesting. My son used to scream every time a teacher put an 8 1/2 x 11" sheet of paper in front of him until at least the 2nd grade. He just turned down a Fulbright Scholarship marching to his own tune.

There is no rush out there, when it comes to kids education. Just because they march slower initially does not mean that they won't wind put leading the band in the end.

:whoo: