Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Chim, I also have on deck for tomorrow

Renee marie, and cate 54.

It has taken me about an hour to post this, and I hope this works.

I'll catch up tomorrow with everyone, as I'm shutting the computer down for the night.

I think I'm blowing it up with all the activity it's had the past month!!!!

night night sweety, sweet dreams

Hello all ~

I am new to this site as of today, wish I had discovered it alot sooner!

My name is Dena and I am scheduled to have my surgery this coming Saturday, July 28th, with Dr. Kuri down in TJ, Mexico.

I'm not so nervous about the procedure itself, but learning how to live with the band afterwards.

I have little support here at home, my husband is against this because he is selfish, wants me to stay fat so he can feel secure in our relationship.

I look forward to getting to know each of you and sharing our journey(s) together :biggrin1:

Hello all ~

I am new to this site as of today, wish I had discovered it alot sooner!

My name is Dena and I am scheduled to have my surgery this coming Saturday, July 28th, with Dr. Kuri down in TJ, Mexico.

I'm not so nervous about the procedure itself, but learning how to live with the band afterwards.

I have little support here at home, my husband is against this because he is selfish, wants me to stay fat so he can feel secure in our relationship.

I look forward to getting to know each of you and sharing our journey(s) together :biggrin1:

Hey and Welcome!

were all lovely (if i do say so myself) here and are like a big family so jump right in.

I totally know how you feel about your husband. Adam my partner at the start was so unhelpful. he keep telling me he was supporting me but he ws no where near supporting me. I must say he is getting better. I also believe that he had to be reminded that when you loose weight you will still want to be with him. although Adam never said this but i believe he was afraid that i'd leave if i lost the weight. gotta rin baby crying great to have you on board!!

Bloo-Dini HAS had a rough go of it with her man. Too bad for you. My husband is more than supportive (even if he had to give up sex for a few weeks! Poor boy!) Just remember, this IS really all for you, not for anyone else....others may benefit, but let this be a selfish thing if people want to call it that...live it up sister!

Ok, Miss Marce has had WAY TOO much time in front of the computer today! It took hours to read what I had missed and here I am posting and posting and posting.....LOL!

I really do hope that all those folks who have had to wait until the end of the month that your recovery goes as well as mine! It's rockin' baby! Doin' good!!!

No. I'm going to Frisco Baylor, which is about a 2 minute drive up the road for me. :( My surgery is at 1pm so I have all day to wait around not eating and drinking! :omg: I'll also be spending the night as well, and will do the swallow test in the morning before I'm released. I'm excited again today and so looking forward to my new life! :whoo:

Ruby, my surgery is at 10:30 am. I have to stay the night, too, and do the swallow test in the morning. Doctor said I could go home after I had my lunch (liquids) with no problems. I am excited too. 3 more days:clap2:

Tada. Gees. Seems like we haven't had one of these in forever, huh?

Okay...I'll get this right, yet!!!

Cincyn, KCorbin, Mango24, OnMyWay, Sheelagh,Tenille, BiggestLoser, Cate54, and ReneeMarie!

Best wishes and check in w/us as soon as you're up to it!

July 2007 Bandsters.doc

Blooeyez, welcome! This is a wonderful group. We are so glad to have you. Feel free to jump in. I've attached our Lucky 7's calendar. You're on it, too.

Lynette, sorry about the computer probs. It's so annoying, isn't it??? Hope you have a good night!!!

SuzieLondon, where are you? How are you doing?

Breadlady and TanzyCoffeeLady, where are you? Haven't heard from you in a long time!

Chim: I know just what you mean about feeling like a whale in exercise class. I always think they are looking at me and thinking... “OMG, is she going to have a heart attack”. But what the h@##. Mise well go for it. Congrats.

Denise: Go ahead... b@#ch away. You’re right... it is supposed to by your time. I imagine most of us give give give all the time, and when we need something, it can be frustrating when we don’t get the same in return. GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!!

Linda: I am so sorry. Whenever a child is lost it hurts so many people. As a mom, I can’t imagin losing one of my kids. They are your entire existance and if they are taken away you can seem to exist without them. My prayers are with you.

Bloo: Welcome. I’ve got 3 days to banding! I am so excited. Sorry your man is unsupportive. Not to brag, but mine is amazing. 7 years ago I looked into getting the band, but chickened out. My friend got her’s, and had done amazingly well. He knew I always thought about it, so asked me two months ago if I wanted it, we could find a way to pay for it. So I did!!! Every once in awhile he jokes about me leaving him for a younger man. My reply is usually “why would I want to settle for less than perfect, since I already have perfect!”

Sunny: 3 days (less really) to go!!!! Please don’t wait for the results of the band to find yourself a good man. You’re such a wonderful person, I’m sure your match is out there (probably close to home). BTW, I met mine through a blind date. We were set up by our respective co-workers, and it really was love at first sight. We met, married a few months later and then our son came along very quickly after that. We’ve been together 10 years, not all wonderful, but all meaningful and prescious.

Jeanie: Sorry I missed you tonight. I’m so glad to hear you feel better now than you have in years. I love the sound of that.

I wish all luck tomorrow.

I have to be at the hospital at 5:45 AM

7:30 surg time.

I am ready.....I too have to stay over night and then have an x-ray before being released to make sure all is in the right place. I am quite amazed at the difference in different doctors and requirements for this.

I think I will have trouble getting to sleep tonight.

See you soon.

When I got to the daycare tonight to pick up my little angel, I had quite the shock. Just before I got there she fell and hit her mouth. She put her tooth right through her tongue. Blood everywhere. But the little bruiser was sitting happily on the care giver's lap sucking on a popsicle, while blood is pouring out of her mouth.

The tongue was completely severerd, so I called my DH who was still at work (at the hospital), and told him to stay there, we were on our way.

Long story short... they decided not to stitch it because it would require putting her to sleep, and given her poor lungs (premature birth), that concerned them. They've decided the tongue should heal, although it will have a bump or be a bit mishapen for a few years.

The whole time, she was just as content as could be talking with the nurses and doctors, sucking on ice cubes.

I love her spirit!!!

Sunny - you know the ratio in Alaska is 6 men for every woman! Why you going on-line? Just do a summer stint as a nurse for an Alaska hospital and find yourself a rich health care professional!wink.gif

Marcy, get the guest room ready. I am on my way:biggrin1:

your daughter looks like a little doll. She has such a contagious smile...like her mom, I am sure.

Dini, I would love to have someone come clean but i have to tell you, she would have been fired the moment she asked if I was preggers:biggrin1:

Cincyn, KCorbin, Mango24, OnMyWay, Sheelagh,Tenille, BiggestLoser, Cate54, and ReneeMarie good luck tomorrow with your surgery.

Chim, you are amazing keeping up with all of this.

Lynette, I sure hope I can get as good as you with the exercise. Someone told me the walk away the pounds was good for beginners.

Kathy you really have a little fighter in your daughter! She sound totally amazing. give her a cuddle from me! you must be so proud! x

I wish all luck tomorrow.

I have to be at the hospital at 5:45 AM

7:30 surg time.

I am ready.....I too have to stay over night and then have an x-ray before being released to make sure all is in the right place. I am quite amazed at the difference in different doctors and requirements for this.

I think I will have trouble getting to sleep tonight.

See you soon.

I'm sure I will be just like you. Too anxious to go to sleep. I, too, will be staying overnight and then having a barium swallow the next morning to make sure all is well. Then, I guess if e'thing is okay, I'll get to go home (well to my parents). I live alone, so I just want to make sure my first night home, I'll be okay.