Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

OK I'LL BE BACK ON LATER. IN WORK AT THE MOMENT AND AS USUAL WERE SHORT STAFFED. ENJOY YOUR DAY EVERYONE. LATER

Thought I'd check in with you guys. I had my surgery yesterday. Had to be there @ 6:15 to check in, and I got an IVC Filter. Then I was taken back about 9 or so.. (It's a tad bit fuzzy), and was home by 4.

I don't have a tremendous amount of pain, just soreness, like I did a million sits up last night.

I got an OnQ pain pump, so that's helping alot. Haven't had any major gas pains, just soreness in my shoulders from it, but that was expected.

My mom's an RN, so shes my personal nurse. I've had a ton of people call to check on me, and ask if they can come visit me. So that makes me feel good. :-D

Hope everyone's having a good month so far. Congratulations to those who have alread been banded, and good luck to those who are soon to be!

~*Ash*~

Lynette, your son is SO cute!!! He looks so happy, I bet he is a joy to be around.

I went to the chiropractor today and had a very painful experience. He x-rayed me and I have a badly dislocated neck, he worked on it for well over an hour and told me to go back Friday, then 3x a week until the surgery. He said I was going to die out of pain if I did not start having this problem correct, because I would not be able to move and stretch properly to get ridof the gas, and from laying down a lot. I have been having real bad headaches daily for years and assumed it was due to allergies, and just went to the DR because of the upcoming surgery, I wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong. I am glad I did!

Right now my body is missing carbs real bad. I feel drained, with no energy left at all. I just woke up from a nap and just being here typing takes a lot of effort- well that's being a little whinny. I am not going to cheat, I will just tough it out for two weeks, as someone said, it is easy to do with an end date in short sight.

BTW, I really like SlimFast Diet in strawberry. Yummy!

The cruise sounds wonderful! I'm going to have to wait and see b/c we are talking our four kids and their spouses/boy/girl-friends to the Rivera Maya in May to Celebrate two college graduations, one Master's degree, possibly a grand-baby???, my husband's retirement???, and my weight loss. If that doesn't bust the bank account, I may be able to go with you all!

Rene - thanks for the info...I will definitely hit SAMS up for the Protein powder!:)

CeCe - I'm glad that you went to see a Kwakapractor (as my mom says). This should really help you prepare for the surgery and help you move more to recover faster.

:Banane56:

Ash - Yeah, you're home! Lucky girl to have a pain pump! Although I'm not in a lot of pain, just stiffness.:D

Lynette - I concur...cute kid and I love your new picture!;)

I LOVE cruising...I'm going on one in November to Celebrate our 10 years together...a bunch of family are joining us too. I'd not suggets Caribbean in August because of weather...Alaska cruises are nice, but tend to be spendy. The Mexican cruises could be a good option...leave from LA and go down the west side of Mex...just something to think about. Also 3-5 day cruises are available at a good price too!

I spent the day at a dollar store and Target (things we don't have in Alaska) so I got a LOT of walking in. I haven't taken a full dose of pain meds today - YIPEE! I did get some shoulder pain, but nothing like I had when I had my gallbladder removed years ago. I just have one spot that is sore. My doc didn't use stiches, he used "op-sites" kinda like a clear bandage that I'll take off in a week. The incisions run accross my upper belly with one small one right in the middle of my boobs (low enough for a bra though). Interesting that my port is placed in the middle and not on the side. I've tried to feel it and can't.

BTW - I can paint my toenails!:clap2::whoo::whoo:

I head home tomorrow night and am looking forward to being back at my own house. I'll miss this speedy internet though! Count your blessings Lucky 7's if you have this quick internet!

Hi all! I got home from the hospital this afternoon. Nice to be somewhere quiet! I'm doing ok. I ended up with some stuff in my lungs, and I'm having a hard time coughing (quite painful!). Tummy is very sore, though i think some of that is gas pain. right now, i really can't tell. Doc didn't give me anything for pain at home - told me to take tylenol or advil. he was stingy with pain meds in the hospital too. I'm thinking someday he needs to try this, just so he knows how it feels!

hope everyone is doing well. I'm off to take some advil and lay down for a bit.

Later! =)

LinkBack vbmenu_register("linkbacktools"); menu_open.gifThread Tools vbmenu_register("threadtools"); menu_open.gifSearch this Thread vbmenu_register("threadsearch"); menu_open.gifRate Thread Display Modes vbmenu_register("displaymodes"); menu_open.gif

post_old.gif Today, 08:46 PM #1 (permalink) peaches9 vbmenu_register("postmenu_513690", true);

"honey, I'm home" ..... from the Clinic

Hello Lauren, DonnaN, Kathybad, BIG WAVE DAVE and everyone else who's names I can't rember.cry.gif

I am 8 hours post op.. Everything went well at TLBC... a bit of gas pain in my shoulder, but not too much to complian about otherwise.

I just made my phone c alls to family and friends to let them know I am o..k. then I'm off to bed.

Dr. Yau was very nice and explained so much for me...definetly "I" have all the answers now ... LOL

While waiting for my Op I got to meet DONNAD in the flesh... that was so great. Last night I got to meet KathyBad... this is too cool to meet the very people you've been chatting to these last couple of weeks.

Thank everyone on these boards who let me read their stuff and answer my questions and concerns.

It really did mean a lot to have CANDID, and unsolicited information ahead of time.

Nite, nite

Peaches9

Peaches9

Banding date: 11 July 07 whoo.gifOMG.... it's here eek.gif

TLBC ~ Dr. Yau

240/199/189.4/130

High/preop/today/goal

ASK ~ Believe ~ recieve!!!

Lynette,

Hunter is beautiful!!!!! What a sweetie!!!!

Yes, I received a card to show at restaurants and such that says I have the lapband. It is to go in my wallet!

I am doing well! Gas and bloated and shoulder pain, but otherwise not bad! Doug was rubbing my shoulder and that really helps. Incisions look great and I was able to shower today!!!! What a nice feeling!

Hope all is well!

OK, I have a question for all of you.

Has anyone received a card from their surgeon that they can take with them when the go out to eat? This card states that you have had gastric surgery and your stomach capacity is less than 6 ozs and to please allow the patient to order off the childrens/senior menu?

I'm going ask my DR when I go next Tuesday, just wanted to see if anyone has received one.

Hi Lynette,

First you son is such a cutie pie!!!!!! Yes my Doc did give me a card and I keep it in my wallet.

Gnlite, TanzyCoffeeLady, PattiC, Dieka, Isabell290, Jodieleigh, and Vanaman, ya'll are up next!!!

Dmtjet, AshRae, and Peaches, glad you're doing well. Keep us posted!! I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Had my pre-op stuff today. That barium stuff was nasty. Went well and glad that's behind me now. All I have left is the sleep study on th 21st. :notagree

Lynette, Hunter is adorable. I love kids and can't wait to have my own!

How is everyone doing? It took me so long to catch up on the threads. I am in school full time and classes started back this week so I have not had much time to get on here. To all that have been banded, congrats!!!!!! I hope you all are doing well. As for me I am approaching 2 weeks post op and feeling great!!!!! I am going to start back going to the gym next week, just going to be walking and maybe the elliptical, but nothing strenous. I have to start slow but I am so motivated!!!!

Dini,

Keep me up to date on the cruise, I would love to join everyone on this bandaversery!!! sounds like a great time.

Well I am off to bed I have a early day tommorow. I wish everyone well!!!

Thanks for the good thoughts. I am trying to do that last minute stuff so I will be ready to leave for the hospital at 4:30 in the morning. I live an hour south of Kansas City and I have to be at the hospital by 5:45, so got to get started early. I am so glad I am the first surgery in the morning. I don't wait so good! By this time tomorrow night I will be starting on my new life. My doctor does not release you until the next day after a barrium swallow test, so I will check back in on Friday sometime. Good Luck to us all and prayers for everyone.

Patti C

Good Morning everyone.

Marcy, great job on the 14 lbs before surgery. Wow, you'll be losing a lot more here soon too.

Getting ready to head out for while. My MIL is going to keep my son and I'm going shopping for a presend for my niece. Hope to have a great outdoor experience. I'll a little worried about lunch out because I won't make it back before then, but I plan on having Soup wherever I go, and I'm taking frozen Go Gurt for my snack, and bottles of Water to drink.

Anyway, I'll check back in later.

Your little man is ADORABLE!! What a sweetie!!

Are you carrying around a little insulated lunch box??

Hello all.

Glad to hear all out bandsters from the last couple of days are doing well. There is so many of you, it's getting exciting to see all of you posting your success.

Thanks to everyone for their compliments on my son, I just love him so. He's a momma's boy, and he has me wrapped around every last finger he has, and his toes too!!!:)

I don't care where we cruise to, but I hate long flights, so how long is the flight from Kentucky to California? Anyone know? They'd probably have to knock me out!!!:notagree

So I went out today, had Soup for lunch at the mall with my DH, and came home to log my calories and Protein. Went to the restraunts web page and they have no nutritional information avaliable for any of their soups.:omg:

So I guess I just guess the numbers, and go on.

Dini, went to Holister for the first time today. Had to get my niece a birthday present. I wasn't sure what I was walking in to, but the staff was nice. They didn't treat me like I shouldn't be in their store. Very professional, loud, but smelled great in there. OMG, I almost bought my DH that cologne, Jake I think, that they sell. It smells awesome.

When I was at the mall I saw a new store called Torrid- Plus sizes.

So for the heck of it I went in, only to find out that their store goes from size 12-26:omg:. Now I don't know about you all, but when I reach that size 12, I consider myself a Misses Gal, not a Plus size gal. I don't know what they were thinking. What size 12 person is going to shop in a store that says Plus Sizes right under the name of it!;)!!!!!!!

I be they have a lot of 12 and 14's on the clearance rack!!!!!!!:heh:

I'm going to check on those cards. I don't know why, but I want one.

lindaa, sounds like you have a busy year ahead of you (next year)

Marcy, Yeah, you can paint your toe nails too:clap2:!!!!!!! It's not too bad is it. Have to match the nails, especially in the flip flop season!!!

My port is in the middle too, and I can't feel mine either. I still think I have some swelling and that could be why.

Cazulay, have you tried adding protein into your pre op diet? You'll have more energy if you can get some extra in with the powders.< /p>

Ashrae, how's the pain pump working for you? I got pills instead but I've heard there's a lot of Dr.'s that use it now.

One more question before I go.......To all that have had the band, do these belches ever go away???????

Driving me crazy