Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi everyone! My surgery is set for July 9. I started watching my diet and lost 11 pounds in three weeks while I waited for my approval letter. I started my 10 day pre-op on Fridy the 29th of June. My doctor allows the Protein Shakes and some high Protein foods. He actually likes us to follow the south beach diet phase 1 along with protein shakes. I am very excited, but at the same time nervous. I'd love to hear experiences and share experiences as well as get to know all of you! Good luck to everyone on here, we CAN do it!

Just wanted to wish all the July bandsters the best. I'm a June 2006 bandster and our thread has been so exciting for the past month and a bit. We all got through the op just fine (except one poor lady who couldn't get it done due to a hernia). The support on this board is just what we all need.

Tinkerbell, nice to have another buddy on banding day!!!! Keep up the good work!:clap2:

Tinkerbell--hi, welcome--I'm new too. My surgery is on the 11th, and I started the pre-op diet on June 25th. I've lost 7 pounds of 15 so far. We can do it! ;) BTW, I love Tink. I have a Tink lunchbox (for when I used to work) and a Tink housekey. I technically have a T-shirt as well, but I stopped wearing it about 60 lbs. ago, even though it's an XL. I almost stole my step-daughter's Tinkerbell watch, because my husband was very excited when we bought it for her, but she has never worn it and she keeps leaving it here when she flies back home. I have, however, foregone the Tink flip-flops which proliferate in all the stores this time of year because I know I'll just be stepping on her face and getting her all dirty!

Felicia --be careful, some juries have skinny people on them! Hang in there. My doc wants 4 week post-op liquids and, though I try to block it out now, I think that's going to be much harder!

I fall in the Lucky 7 group. My surgery date is 7/20 provided that I pass all preop testing. That begins on 7/10. I am very excited but also scared.

I'll be leaving on Monday to go to Memphis for the surgery, since I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 on Tuesday. It may be several days after my surgery before I'll be able to post again. I'm not sure where I'll be staying afterwards (one place has dial-up internet, the other doesn't have internet at all), so I may or may not be able to give an update on how everything went.

Laurend

Good Luck on your surgery 7/3.... My thoughts & prayers will be with you on Tuesday...

Janet

Hey everyone. I just wanted to send my prayers out to all of you who are having surgery this week. I hope that everything goes well!!

~Nichole

I am scared of Big Medicine, I am in serious denial about my weight and when I see something like that it's as if I am being slapped in the face " Wake up! You are well on your way to death. You are morbidly obese" AAAAAH! It's funny because I always think of myself as my skinny single self, I only know I am fat because the labels on my back say 2x :D Denial has been a huge problem on my weight loss process, for some reason I think I am not fat, and every time I hit a new high I somehow convince myself that it's not physically possible to get any heavier so I have nothing to worry about... let me tell you I am my own worst enemy. I am going to have to work my brain a lot in the upcoming months, years really. My family has a huge history of addiction ( my cousin was a drug addicted, who ODed and died) of all kinds: alcohol, drugs, sex, food. I guess I lucked out by getting hooked on Hersheys instead of meth or something, but still an addiction is an addiction and will be hard to break. But I am absolutely determined to try and totally suceed. I am glad I have you all to share my experiences with. I have been needing a support group for a long time. ;)
hey chimboree,

ask away if i can help i totally will!!

i got stitches but i can't see them cos i've got plasters over them? also i can't really feel anything going down but thats cos i'm drinking little little bits at a time. i have not poo'd yet but i've peed lots! anymore questions?? keep em comming

oh indigolady where in ireland is your family from and does anyone else have family in ireland??

Don't really know - I think it's from a long time ago - like a great aunt or something... If I ever get to retire - I am going to do that family tree thing - I have a cousin in Connenict who's hubby has done a big one on his family and on my paternial grandmothers side -

Oh by the way, my CPAP machine was delivered today, can't wait to go bed and try it. Do any of you have it? has it made a difference?

I have a CPAP and I do feel better in the morning. I notice I am getting up earlier in the morning and am not as tired during the day. I am not yawning ALL the time anymore.

Hello all. Hope you are having a good weekend. It is raining here. It has been raining here for days. I would love to see sunshine almost as much as I wish I could eat somekind of meat! I am on a 4 week pre-op diet and it is beginning to get to me. Must be the rain and being cooped up. I also just asked my entire family to come to my house in 2 hours for the picnic we were to have in my Mother's back yard. Can all liquids cause you to lose your mind! Oh well it will be fun when the kids get here. Thanks for listening to my ranting.

Anyway for the reason for my writing. What is this Gastric Sleeve I am starting to hear about? Is it suppose to help more?

thanks for the info. Dini, I hope you are doing better. Been praying for you. Patti C

Anyway for the reason for my writing. What is this Gastric Sleeve I am starting to hear about? Is it suppose to help more?

Hi Patti,

From what I've read it is a kind of modified Roux-N-Y surgery. Still involves cutting part of your stomach.

Hello Lucky #7 Bandsters! I found out today that I will be banded on July 25th...FINALLY!! I'm looking forward to joining this group and having others to talk to who are going through the same thing I will be going through.Steph T

Yeah Steph! Another one for the 25th! Congratulations!!!:clap2:

hi everyone,

today is a good day, i feel a lot better. i even got my hair done today and i'm a foxy momma.

Sunny i'll start with you: CONGRATULATIONS on your date thats fab. (i can't remember if i already said it but saying it again wont hurt!!)

welcome : Steph7s, Tinkerbell177, Ribearty, Daulour & Sunshinesonya!

i really can't keep up with everyone.

Lynette your 'Aunt Flo' that is the funniest ever when i read it i could stop laughing it hurt. over here the younger girls call it there 'Flowers' and more common people call it there 'Paint & Decorators'

About the band moving, i can feel the Port moving a bit not band. it is stitched in but it feels like it moves i can't explain it propper sorry but it feels different lets just say

my stitches are so so so ichy, they are not in my way because they are covered with plasters. i haven't even seen them i can't wait to. i know i've 4 scares but i'll tell you more about then on tuesday when i get them out.

my port is just under my ribs on my left side its slightly sore but nothing major at all actually more tender than sore.

i cant remember if i told you all but i've 3mm in my band already.

i feel so much better today its great. really amazing i taught i'd never get to this but i feel great. i've been walking so much. i find pushing the pram/push chair hard but walking on my own is great.

how is everyone doing? Lynette Breadylady, Sunny , Chimboree indigolady ect...... how are you?

by the way its also great here cos we've got good weather and sun

xx

I fall in the Lucky 7 group. My surgery date is 7/20 provided that I pass all preop testing. That begins on 7/10. I am very excited but also scared.

JULY 20!!

My surgery is also 7/20. Hope all your tests go well. I hav to get fasting blood drawn next week. Duh!! That's all I'm doing is fasting. Big deal..... I drink my Protein a little late that day. Dietician appointment coming up soon, too.

Dini it is so nice to see you back! It has been so helpful hearing the good with the bad. I want the reality of what is ahead for me.

"Flowers" and "Paint and Decorators" just cracks me up. lol. My grandma always used to say, "Fall off the roof". lol. I have never heard anyone else say that one either.:faint: