Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Guys, you are always great at saying just what I need to hear.

My biggest problem is emotional eating. Or non-emotional eating. It's when I have NO emotions happening that I have struggles. Boredom...nothing to do. Everything is so slippery outside that I can't get out. I'm going to do something today though. I've got to. No tanning beds for me....allergic to the sun. I've thought about getting one of those full spectrum lights but I don't know if it would help. I'm dreaming of spring...but love the snow. That really stinks. Actually, I wonder how we can send men to a space station to live for years, but can't figure out how to build roads that don't ice over. It should be doable. Then it wouldn't matter how cold it is, it wouldn't be slippery.

My back feels really good today. My tooth isn't killing me. I think I could actually chew on that side of my mouth. I'm hoping that not having the pain will help my mood. Keep your fingers crossed.

As for Jeff. You're right, it isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.....but when he acts the way he has been the last 2 weeks, and gets away with it, then when I get angry he says, "well it didn't bother you last time, you're just being moody now." I told him I would come back to sleeping in our bed when we talked about our issues. He looked at me, shrugged, and went to bed. He asked what we were doing for Valentines day. I asked him if we were going to talk by then and he looked at me and said, "I guess maybe," and then walked off. I have a hard time just shrugging it off when I open myself up and he just shrugs me off.

Okay...off to get ready for the day. Have a great day ladies. I'll work on my attitude and mood. Love you all.

As for Jeff. You're right, it isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.....but when he acts the way he has been the last 2 weeks, and gets away with it, then when I get angry he says, "well it didn't bother you last time, you're just being moody now." I told him I would come back to sleeping in our bed when we talked about our issues. He looked at me, shrugged, and went to bed. He asked what we were doing for Valentines day. I asked him if we were going to talk by then and he looked at me and said, "I guess maybe," and then walked off. I have a hard time just shrugging it off when I open myself up and he just shrugs me off.

(((Hugs)))

Hey Gang....

Candice - Oh come on now - We are still your friends even if you are in the poor me mood.. We all get them

I pissed off one of my co-workers yesterday - she kept her door to her office closed most of the day and isn't talking to me or the other girl in our section.. We had to have a little meeting yesterday cuz the other girl wasn't doing things correctly and the one who's pissed went and tattled to our boss - instead of going to the one and talking to her - that's what I did when I found major error. Plus our boss is always throwing stuff at her to do - so I can understand some of the mistakes - but it someone is making errors you go to them and discuss it like grownups and not little kids going and tattling.. and I think she's pissed cuz my boss had me sorta lead the meeting - but I have worked with him for 30 yrs and I know what he wants before he does - So I got a little work woes too..

2000 calories - well at least it wasn't 3000 - why did you make those Cookies - well just like me and buying that damn cheese - and

I agree with Phyl for those of you who have the long cold winters it has to be hard - I am ready for spring/summer and it doesn't really get cold here at all compared to you guy...- I'm ready for some 80 degree days - I don't like how cold I get - my feet are cold right now - and I have been turning on the heater in the mornings...

Phyl - did you like sweets before the band - were they a problem - I can't say anyone thing was a problem to me just food in general.. and still can be - like I said I really haven't been eating sweets - just too many nuts - cheese etc.. grazing really..

Today - bf weight control oatmeal - snack banana - lunch 1 chicken thight & 1 cup broc & rice - right now had about 5 chips - cooking GS chicken tacos - but not enough meat for me so I am thawing some scallops & shrimp - what I am going to do with them who knows..

I don't know how my food is going to be this weekend with my Aunt - she is having teeth issues and just talked to her and she was having a hot dog - green Beans and some cheese and crackers - I am going to frickin STARVE.. She isn't feeling that well - we normally go to the dinning room for one meal which is usually lunch - what am I going to do for dinner - hot dogs omg I don't really like hot dogs... and unhealthy to boot -

I am going to meet another bander - p.j. taxlady (50 thread) for Breakfast on Sat Morning at a place called old south pancake house - I hope the have some good biscuts & gravy - cuz I am not really a pancake person

- I am packing some popcorn & garnola bars 150 c each - I think my room has a microwave - and since I don't know the area to go to the store plus my aunt is going to want me w/her from like noon on.. Well it will all work out the problem is I am not going to have too much control over what I eat - and I don't like fast food - so am going to have to becareful not to eat too many sweets like I usually do when traveling...

Steph & Candice hugs hugs hugs

Well off to finishing packing - and remember I won't be online this weekend - I could take my laptop but don't want to carry it and won't really have alot of alone time..

I will cb in a bit - Hug girls - Love you...

Hi Janet; Thanks for the kind words. I am a little less in a FUNK today...

Its been crazy busy and I am looking forward to a longweekend.

You are off to Texas!!! Have a super-cool time, and enjoy yourself... Hugs to your AUnt!

I FINALLY DID IT!!!

Talked the DH off the couch and commit to leaving this winter behind. Gonna be AWOL for a few weeks...........starting Monday. I don't know if I'll be able to get on a computer until we get back. Hopefully when we do get back here, spring will be knocking on our doors.:frown: And I can still maintain where I am at now. Pound wise.

I feel so awful for the surviving family members. I can't even begin to fathom what they must be going through.

Yeah, it's so tragic! Hard to watch the news reports, yet can't tear myself away.... hearing familiar names... of streets, etc., and seeing familiar sights. Grew up probably not 10 miles from the crash site. BIL was not at the crash scene. Guess they heard the call come over his radio (vol. fireman), but said a small plane had gone down... no one understood the magnitude of the situation at that point. Plus, he's been sick, so they went to bed.

One of my cousins is a jazz musician... probably knew the two guys from the Chuck Mangione band.

This is kind of cute... my Mom told my youngest sister not to tell me about the plane crash because she knew I am flying to Seattle this weekend and didn't want me to be scared! Uh... I probably knew about it soon after they did because I saw the "breaking news" thing flash on my computer screen.

I FINALLY DID IT!!!

Talked the DH off the couch and commit to leaving this winter behind. Gonna be AWOL for a few weeks...........starting Monday. I don't know if I'll be able to get on a computer until we get back. Hopefully when we do get back here, spring will be knocking on our doors.:thumbup: And I can still maintain where I am at now. Pound wise.

Congrats Kari; Where are you going to go? Florida???

New Mexico??? You lucky ducky, enjoy your adventure, we'll all be anxious to hear all about it when you get home.

Yeah, it's so tragic! Hard to watch the news reports, yet can't tear myself away.... hearing familiar names... of streets, etc., and seeing familiar sights. Grew up probably not 10 miles from the crash site. BIL was not at the crash scene. Guess they heard the call come over his radio (vol. fireman), but said a small plane had gone down... no one understood the magnitude of the situation at that point. Plus, he's been sick, so they went to bed.

One of my cousins is a jazz musician... probably knew the two guys from the Chuck Mangione band.

This is kind of cute... my Mom told my youngest sister not to tell me about the plane crash because she knew I am flying to Seattle this weekend and didn't want me to be scared! Uh... I probably knew about it soon after they did because I saw the "breaking news" thing flash on my computer screen.

Dear Phyl, I am happy to hear that none of your relatives were impacted by the crash. Really horrible news, there was one Canadian on board I heard...tragic.

Enjoy your trip home to Washington!~!

I have a question for y'all.... there is a gal who posts on this sight ... I think she lives in Colorado... but for the life of me I can't remember her name??? She also owns a condo in the south of FRANCE that she rents out...

Does anyone know who I mean??? I wanted to get in touch with her.

Thanks C

O.k. I remembered her sign on name is CAR

Edited by peaches9

o.k. I finally figured it out... Its Car(olyn) but I don't have her email address... does anyone have it?

Can you email me her email address???

Thanks a bunch.

food ACCOUNTABILITY: for Friday, and our Valentines dinner out.

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,813;275;43;61

Edited by peaches9

Hi Stephanie, if you are out there... email me your PHONE NUMBER... we need to connect gf...

Well your stories echo mine! food has been iffy but with the increased workouts I am still sitting at the same weight. My DH has finally decided that he needs to eat healthier so at least at home the food is getting better. As for work...they put my student teacher on a plan of assistance and are going to provide me with weekly observations for him. Hopefully that will turn things around. He is the worst teacher I have ever seen.

I am having a little knee pain but am working with the athletic trainer at the high school to get it straightened out so that I can go back to marathon training. RIght now I can only run a quarter of what I have been doing. However I have gone back to lifting weights so that is supplementing a little.

Hope everyone has a great valentine's day. I think DH is taking me to dinner. There is a great new restaurant that just opened and we really want to try the Osso Buco they serve.

Morning, gang! It's cold here, but I'm enjoying morning hugs from the little guys. Have to find the coffee pot soon, and go to grocery store for some food for me so I won't be grazing on things I shouldn't be eating. Had a good trip here yesterday... smooth flights. No problems.

So, I was sitting at the kitchen table with my 5 yr old grandson, who is not fat, but not skinny either, and he tells me,

"You're kind of FAT, Grandma!"

And I said, "Gee, thanks, Charly!"

And then he says,

"Do you have any trouble finding clothes that fit???!"

Didn't exactly make my day!

:crying::rolleyes::):scared2::smile:

:eek::eek::eek:

So, I was sitting at the kitchen table with my 5 yr old grandson, who is not fat, but not skinny either, and he tells me,

And then he says,

:smile::scared2::eek::crying::eek:

:eek::eek::eek:

AW-W-W-W!!:rolleyes: Wasn't it Art Linkletter who said "Kids say the darndest things"?? Kids are so adoreably innocent and honest. Ya know, you really should take that as a compliment. ("kind of"). I mean, just imagine what would have come out of his mouth a year ago. There would be no "kind of" about it. I know that I'm not really thin (but i think this is it) but I love it when people tell me I look fantastic. We've come a long way, Baby!!!

Well, we're off tomorrow for sunny Florida. :cool:I can't wait. I have had enough of this winter. Too cold and too much snow. Sure will miss you guys here at LBT though. When I get back I plan on challenging you guys to pathwords. Man, I'm gonna miss that too. I'm hooked. Not very good, but hooked.:)

And then he says,

:lol::cursing::smile::crying::smile:

:smile::eek::smile:

Kids... they're still irresistable though -- especially when they're your own family.

AW-W-W-W!!:thumbup: Wasn't it Art Linkletter who said "Kids say the darndest things"?? Kids are so adoreably innocent and honest. Ya know, you really should take that as a compliment. ("kind of"). I mean, just imagine what would have come out of his mouth a year ago. There would be no "kind of" about it. I know that I'm not really thin (but i think this is it) but I love it when people tell me I look fantastic. We've come a long way, Baby!!!

Well, we're off tomorrow for sunny Florida. :cool:I can't wait. I have had enough of this winter. Too cold and too much snow. Sure will miss you guys here at LBT though. When I get back I plan on challenging you guys to pathwords. Man, I'm gonna miss that too. I'm hooked. Not very good, but hooked.:crying:

How long are you going to be in FL? They do have internet in Florida, you know.