Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone offer input on Dr. Jose Rodriguez &/or BeLiteWeight?

Congrats on making a great choice.

Thank you, Rocky1. It was quite a process getting to this decision, but I feel really good and prepared. I will provide a good and detailed report on how it all goes.

I was sleeved by Doctor Rod on 11/13/14. Me and my mom stayed at star medica. He was a great surgeon the only thing that i will say that was tough was the languaue barrier. I had some severe swelling and complaications not because of the surgeon but because I was so swollen and was in the hospital. Dr Rodriguez called every day to check on me and wanted to speak with the Doctors here in the US. He gave us his Cell number and told us to call anytime if we needed anything our patient cooridnator jessica has been awesome too. I highly recoomend him its like devolping a life long friend ship, Im 3 weeks post op today and still call jessica or Dr Rod if we have questions, They are always so nice and polite 

I'm so glad you had a good experience with Dr. Rod. He does sound really nice. His whole team does, actually.

How are your swelling and complications coming along? Are they almost resolved? Did you have to stay in Mexico longer than planned? Or did you have to go to the hospital when you got home? Were your complications mostly from the swelling? I'll be going by myself and I'm a little nervous still about everything. :P

I was sleeved by Doctor Rod on 11/13/14. Me and my mom stayed at star medica. He was a great surgeon the only thing that i will say that was tough was the languaue barrier. I had some severe swelling and complaications not because of the surgeon but because I was so swollen and was in the hospital. Dr Rodriguez called every day to check on me and wanted to speak with the Doctors here in the US. He gave us his Cell number and told us to call anytime if we needed anything our patient cooridnator jessica has been awesome too. I highly recoomend him its like devolping a life long friend ship, Im 3 weeks post op today and still call jessica or Dr Rod if we have questions, They are always so nice and polite

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm going to Tijuana next week for surgery with Dr. Rod at Hospital Angeles,and Jessica is my coordinator, as well. I hope you're recovering well and the swelling is behind you. I'm having the single incision technique performed, and was wondering if you had that, as well?

I am having surgery with Dr. Rod in Juarez on the 19th and I am so nervous. I have read about complications and am worried about follow-up care. I was planning on having a friend go but she was so judgmental and negative I decided to go alone. Any advice you can offer would be helpful.

I went alone to Dr Rod in 8/14 and it was smooth sailing. He's a great Dr and so are the others in his team. He gives you his cell phone number - and is easy to reach if you need him. I'd highly reccomend.

I am having surgery with Dr. Rod in Juarez on the 19th and I am so nervous. I have read about complications and am worried about follow-up care. I was planning on having a friend go but she was so judgmental and negative I decided to go alone. Any advice you can offer would be helpful.

Hi Collinus ,

I'm having surgery with Dr. Rodriguez in Tijuana on the 12th. As the date gets closer, I am getting nervous too. After all, this is major and permanent. My close friends keep asking, are you SURE you want to go through with this? And since I have a 30 BMI, they see it as unnecessary. With that being said, I know that in six months from now, no one will be thinking about the procedure when they see all the positive changes. I researched copiously and feel I chose among the very best in Mexico among physicians and facilities. I am also seeing a therapist and registered dietician who specialize in eating disorders, so I can ensure my results are long term and very healthy.

The way I see it, we were designed as hunter gatherers who were designed to eat small portions all day, which is how we'll be eating. In order to get adequate nourishment,we have to be more deliberate about what we choose for each of those tiny meals, so I'll be supplementing with medical grade Protein, and concentrated vegetable and fruit smoothies to get the important Vitamins and minerals.

So,I've researched and have set a support system and plans in place, and am ready to go. I'm sure you've done much of the same. Take comfort in that. This procedure will require better self-care from each of us, which is much overdue for me.

Think about how you're going to look and feel next year at this time. So healthy and youthful. I don't think you'll be feeling regret.

You did mention complications ...have they been in relation to Dr, Rodriguez? I haven't heard about problems with him, and would appreciate anything you've heard that perhaps I should know

Thanks and best wishes!

Does anyone know if Dr Rodriquez does revisions? I can't seem to find much? He and Dr Ortiz are the two I am leaning toward. I too like the idea of being in a full service hospital. I am a medical assistant so staying at the hospital is one of the reasons I lean to Rodriquez.

Does anyone know if Dr Rodriquez does revisions? I can't seem to find much? He and Dr Ortiz are the two I am leaning toward. I too like the idea of being in a full service hospital. I am a medical assistant so staying at the hospital is one of the reasons I lean to Rodriquez.

I went to Dr. Rod and don't know that - but the man gives you his cell phone number.  He certainly seems agreeable.  His "team" at BeLiteWeight should be able to answer that?  Or you could call the hospital or email him.

I felt much more at ease in that full service hospital, personally. 

If I needed a revision, I would go to Dr. rRodriguez for the same reason I chose him for my sleeve. He is a FACS with over 8000 surgeries under his belt, so there isn't anything he hasn't seen. I know Dr. A. Ortiz also has wonderful credentials, but as a medical assistant I think your reasoning is valid about being in the hospital environment with all of its resources.

As a side note, Dr. Wilhelmy is also supposed to do revisions out of Hospital Almater in Mexicali. He has great credentials, as well, but I wasn't able to get enough information on him, and he didn't do single incisions, which is what I wanted.

Best wishes to you...I'm sure you're going to make a great choice!