Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 days post, and today I started to think about food. I'm not actually hungry, but I'm thinking about food alot. I even had a dream about food. They did warn me in teaching that this would happen, but I'm curious what everyone did to deal with this.

The biggest thing for me was to try and stay busy. The other thing, and many would say I was insane, was to watch the food network. It gave me the chance to think about all the foods I liked and gave me some ideas on how to make them healthier. It also have me ideas about how to adapt them for the different stages of food. For example, I figured out how to do a version of chipotle during the pureed food diet.

In the end, everyone is different and you may have to expirament to figure out what exactly works for you. I personally found post surgery, that I was so engrossed in taking the next sip or scheduling the next meal that I came to loath food. Almost a year later and I still really don't get hungry. I do however have the phsycological need to eat. It happens when I am bored, or tired, and even stressed. Learn what those triggers are and try to take inventory of how you are feeling when you being feeling "snacky" even when you are not hungry. Then you can begin to address those issues.

Keep up the communication. This is an amazing group to bounce questions off of. If you need any additional recipes or ideas feel free to contact me at the links below, or check out my blog where I have some of my go to recipes and cooking videos.

I am 4 month out and still struggle with the food obsession. Planning ahead helps me do better. I try to go to the healthy choices first. I don't always stop there and that is slowing my weight loss at times. I think being kind to ourselves about mistakes is important. Don't beat yourself up, just remind yourself that you promised to get healthy and make better choices. Drink some Water, get up and move, and love and believe in yourself :):) :)

I remember those first few weeks--I totally lusted after food! I thought about how it would taste and feel to take a bite of different foods. Luckily, I just told myself that I couldn't have any and really didn't want to sabotage myself or get dumping syndrome. I made it through and after a bit, that goes away. You will get some head hunger here and there but not like you are feeling right now. Just ride the wave and be strong. Enjoy losing weight and eating better.

I don't think about food at all. I have to look at clock as to when to eat.

I don't think about food at all. I have to look at clock as to when to eat.

Thanks, LadyPoohBear. I was starting to think I was the only one. I'm just 6 days post-op and I have to remember to stop to eat / drink. I do think about food...but it's mostly, how am I going to make the best use of my calories to make sure I get my Protein and Fluid requirements in.

I am 3 days post, and today I started to think about food. I'm not actually hungry, but I'm thinking about food alot. I even had a dream about food. They did warn me in teaching that this would happen, but I'm curious what everyone did to deal with this.

I can relate! Like you, it's not that I'm hungry, but thinking about what I'm going to add in my pureed phase, new recipes beyond that, etc. We had a family gathering last weekend, and it was a bummer that I couldn't join in the eating part of the festivities. Today I went to visit my sister and was suddenly obsessing about pizza - surely triggered by the fact that I would sometimes stop and grab a slice at a little shop by her house. Just a little obsessing going on in my corner. It'll pass. I think I'm just bored with liquids!

I am one week post op, and I am on pure clear liquids for 2 more weeks, it is tough. I don't wanna see another SF popsicle or chicken broth I literally get nauseous thinking about it. This is tough, real tough. Today I made Tamales for dinner for my family, and I had to leave the room while they ate.

The funny thing for me is that nothing tastes as good as I thought it would. Usually I would go for walks and that helped.

This happened to me twice the first two weeks, then never again. Your mind has to adjust.