Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Feel so sad am not loosing any weight

It's been 1 week and I have not loss any weight... I was sleeved on sept 29 and I only lost 9 pounds.. am getting so frustrated. .. is this normal. Then I get the urge to eat a lot then I do and them my tummy hurts I need answers

It has been a week or a month?

Am getting kinda worry because I get this urge to eat and I feel I eat a lot then my tummy hurts

Well if you are eating a lot (relatively speaking), until you have discomfort, and doing it several times a day, that would probably explain why you have not lost as much as you would have expected.

How many times per day are you overeating like this? Have you tried tracking your calories at all? How many calories are you getting on a typical day?

Are you getting any exercise or activity at all?

The lack of bm will also make you heavier on the scale too.

You really shouldn't be eating more than 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup at a time. If you frequently eat to the point of discomfort, aren't you worried of stretching your stomach? If you want to be more successful, then I would suggest being more meticulous about how you are eating. Write down everything you put in your mouth, count calories, eat with a baby spoon, no snacking, eat three meals a day at least three hours apart, make sure your meals last 30 minutes, etc.

Each person is different and loses weight differently. What works for one person doesn't work for another. To have gotten this far you've had education on being sleeved and you should have information on what you need to be doing. Are you eating enough Protein? Are you getting enough fluids in? I do agree that tracking your food is a good idea. However I do not agree with the amount of food WL Warrior has told you to be eating. Your body is unique to you and what your body needs can be a lot different than anyone else's. Constipation sucks and I deal with that myself. It is important that you work on getting yourself regulated. More Fiber, enema, etc. You are still newly sleeved and your body is still trying to figure out its new way of life. Please be kind to yourself and give yourself time and remember you are not alone in this.

I agree with sshree815. Everyone's journey is different. Some people just will lose at a much slower pace than everyone else even when you are doing everything you should be doing. I know because I'm one of those people. Just keep hitting your Protein and Water goals, stay at a reasonable calorie intake and it will come off. Maybe not at the pace you had hoped for, but your body is going to do what it wants to do.

Edited by crazzeescrapper

The amount of food that is suggested (8 tablespoons-1/2 cup or less during meals) for weeks 3-8 is in the bariatric handbook from my clinic. The suggestion is not identical for everyone, but similar from what I've heard from others who have gotten the sleeve. It is a suggestion given if you want to be successful and prevent discomfort. I've read posts from people who decide to eat the wrong foods or eat more than the guideline. I get it, it's their body and then they will decide what is appropriate for them. However, I see many of them complain of slow weight loss or other complications many weeks or months later.

Deciding what is best for my body is one of the reasons I got so fat in the first place. I think the medical pros have the suggestions we should follow. Don't all of our stomachs look similar after the vertical sleeve surgery? Wouldn't the surgeon and bariatric doctor have a better idea of how much we should be eating post op in order to avoid discomfort and be successful losing weight?

I have hypothyroidism and know that sometimes it interferes with weight loss. I am going to follow exactly the diet I've been told to follow so that I am doing everything I can do to make my post surgery weight loss a success. If that means eating less than 8 tablespoons or 1/2 of cup of food, then so be it.

WL Warrior I wasn't putting you down, I don't agree with what you are saying and that is all. You are even more new to this than I am and I have talked to many many veterans on other sites that would also disagree with you. What I posted I learned directly from veterans of the sleeve and I would rather take their word than even my doctor. Why? Because my doctor hasn't had gastric sleeve, my doctor hasn't followed the diet and what works and what doesn't. The veterans have. They have had the sleeve, lost the weight and kept it off so what they do is proven to work.

No not all stomachs are similar. We are all different. I think it is wonderful that you want to adhere strictly to the instructions given to you and I hope you continue to find success! Good luck!