Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'am a newbie here in this forum. I did the gastric sleeve this past 10/8/14 by my surgeon Dr. Eid from Advanced Laprascopic Associates at New Jersey. I came a long way because 2 years ago I tried to do the gastric bypass and I was getting a cardiac arrest and the doctor chose to close me up 20 minutes during the surgery. When I opened my eyes he said he pulled me from heaven. I was devastated and was depressed and the doctor or staff couldn't even tell me what happened to me. The only thing they said to me was to lose more weight and come back another time. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! I never went back to them. I statrted over again at another doctors office after two years and I found a wonderful who took the time and listened to my story and he and his staff was extra cautious with me. He said to me that the gastric sleeve was the best choice for me since my cholesterol and diabetes wasn't out of control. I weighed at the time 278 lbs. Before the surgery I had to loose weight and on ore op I weighed 265 lbs. Now I weigh 244 lbs. Right away you see the difference. Tomorrow I have a followup surgery appointment with my doctor and I'am excited to see him and thank him all over again. I look forward to join this journey with all of you and have a better understanding this big change of life. Best wishes to all.

Welcome, glad that you were pulled back from heaven. Sometimes things happen for reasons we don't understand at the time they happen. All the best on your journey to a healthier you.

Oh wow, "pulled from heaven"? That alone would have made me run from the thought of surgery forever! I'm glad you're well.

We had our surgeries on the same exact day. I'm miserable to tell you the truth, lol. I can't swallow well still. It's annoying. How is swallowing for you?

Hi DulceMia. Glad all went well for you this time. I had surgery on the 8th as well and it was pretty non-eventful. When do you start soft foods?

Diva, hope you are doing well too!!! Let's stay in touch!!

Oh laaawwwwdddd, lol. I just came from the bathroom trying to throw up nothing. So far today I had some Jello and couldn't finish it and tried some decaff black tea, and beef broth and couldn't finish any of them. Is like I got no appetite at all. But everytime I try to sip something I feel heartburns. My doctor prescribed me Omeprazole 40 mg 1 tab a day for the heartburn. It works only temporary. Plus I take the percocet at night for the pain. I have slight stomach pain and with gases.

Hi DulceMia. Glad all went well for you this time. I had surgery on the 8th as well and it was pretty non-eventful. When do you start soft foods?

Diva, hope you are doing well too!!! Let's stay in touch!!

The nutitionist gave me a list for week one all Clear liquids, sugar free Jello, Water, broth, sugar free popsicles and italian icees, decaff tea, decaff coffee with all small sips like 4 oz. Starting tomorrow week 2, here is the copy of the list she gave me:

WEEK 2 – FULL liquid DIET WITH Protein

During week two you may start to feel some hunger pains. Continue to stick to your surgeon’s recommended diet. Your diet may include all items from week 1 plus:

Protein powder mixed with a sugar free non-carbonated clear liquid.< /p>

Sugar free pudding.

Soup with soft noodles.

Non fat yogurt.

Carnation instant Breakfast. Look for the sugar free option.

Very thin creamed Soups. No chunks.

Sugar free sorbet.

Very watery hot oatmeal. Check the sugar content.

Diluted no-sugar added juice.

Sugar free, nonfat ice cream

Thinned applesauce. Check sugar content.

Oh laaawwwwdddd, lol. I just came from the bathroom trying to throw up nothing. So far today I had some Jello and couldn't finish it and tried some decaff black tea, and beef broth and couldn't finish any of them. Is like I got no appetite at all. But everytime I try to sip something I feel heartburns. My doctor prescribed me Omeprazole 40 mg 1 tab a day for the heartburn. It works only temporary. Plus I take the percocet at night for the pain. I have slight stomach pain and with gases.

Soooooo sorry to hear that. My doc gave me a prescription for Pepcid and told me to take one in the morning and one at night after surgery and that has seemed to work for me. I also read on this forum about the gas-x strips so I bought them before surgery and they were a lifesaver too. The gas pains were the worst for me. You can get them at CVS or Walgreens. Hopefully, you are getting plenty of Water so you don't get dehydrated.

@Sistersuz. Hey girl, I'm doing well. Three months this Friday. I have not had any loss for three weeks, which befuddles me as I'm eating under 800 calories a day. I'm seeing my doctor on Monday so let's see what she says.

I saw my nutritionist today and told her all my complaints and she said is normal for phase one to go through my mess. Well I told her about the Protein Shake and she said that's the reason for my diarrea because I wasn't suppose to start that yet. She said after 14 days I can start Protein Shakes on phase 2. Phase 3 will be puree soft foods. She said the reason for my heartburns is because I need to go a little slower on my liquid intakes. It should be 4oz every hour. She said my body needs at least 64oz per day. Well I'm still learning and the office gave me a welcome package with food samples for phase 2 & 3. They said they sell bariatric foods at the clinic but I decline because they were so pricey. I was scheduled to see my doctor on the 29. I can't wait to see him to thank him again.

@Sistersuz. Hey girl, I'm doing well. Three months this Friday. I have not had any loss for three weeks, which befuddles me as I'm eating under 800 calories a day. I'm seeing my doctor on Monday so let's see what she says.

Finediva,

Glad you are doing well. I am dreaming of being 3 months out!! Sounds like one of those crazy stalls ????. Hope it passes soon.

I saw my nutritionist today and told her all my complaints and she said is normal for phase one to go through my mess. Well I told her about the Protein Shake and she said that's the reason for my diarrea because I wasn't suppose to start that yet. She said after 14 days I can start Protein Shakes on phase 2. Phase 3 will be puree soft foods. She said the reason for my heartburns is because I need to go a little slower on my liquid intakes. It should be 4oz every hour. She said my body needs at least 64oz per day. Well I'm still learning and the office gave me a welcome package with food samples for phase 2 & 3. They said they sell bariatric foods at the clinic but I decline because they were so pricey. I was scheduled to see my doctor on the 29. I can't wait to see him to thank him again.

Dulce,

Glad to hear you got it all figured out today. You must be feeling much better ????. Nice that they gave you free samples too!!! This stuff is not cheap. How crazy is it that there are so many different diet plans post-op? I started Protein shakes on day 3 after surgery and I am now 8 days out. The shakes go right down for me. My doc has me starting soft foods next week and I know that won't be so easy so I am a little nervous. Oh well.... I guess we have to take it one day at a time. Happy sipping......

I guess it's different for everyone because my nutritionist told me to have 4 oz of Protein 3 times a day with the diet ..jello, Water, broth, crystal lite, etc. but no puree yet. I'll prepare the 4 oz of protein but I can barely get down 2 (too tight, hurts to go down) and that's it for me. I'll sip on crystal lite, water throughout the day. The only thing is, anytime I sip, I get spitty mouth!

Best wishes to everyone.

@Sistersuz. Still stalled. So discouraging, but I see my doctor on Monday for my 3 month visit. Maybe she'll have some advise. Hang in there, you will be moving through the process and hitting the phases. It's a process. All the best on this journey.