Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is everyone doing. It seems that we have all hit a plateau in some way. I actually went exercising in the mountains yesterday. It felt great to get ou. I trek through the snow & mud with my trusty dachshund. I know I have gained weight but the scale says I am 5.8 pounds over my lowest weight. I feel more like 50 pounds. It's weird to because in the mirror I see a huge belly & fat arms. I realize more & more everyday that my mind is my worse enemy. Would love to hear how everyone is holding out.

Well...I have gained 5 pounds. I'm at 170 now. Kinda discouraging when I see how well everyone else has done. I can eat almost anything without trouble, which is not a good thing. Just yesterday, I refocused and with warmer weather I can start walking outside again! Pepsi....my nemesis! Started out occasionally as a treat and then moved up to several times a week. NO MORE! Got to remember how much I've paid financially and emotionally for this!
Pop any carbonation is not good for your pouch. Me to I can eat anything. Let's refocus together. We can do this.

OK. Back on track. We've got this!!!

Yes I want to be back on track and feel in control again. I know my body wants to workout I want to get my mind to agree.

Hello, gladiators,

It has been a while, sorry, life just got busy. But I think of you often and wonder how you are all doing. I am at 154lbs. Gained two pounds. I have read that it is pretty common for that to happen. To reach a low and then clim up to a more realistic weight. Of course any weight gain brings on the stress of thinking, I am going to gain it all back. It is very scary, I must say.

I can eat a lot more then I should. At times I am astonished. I think the pouch opening streaches and the food keeps pushing out. Also, if you take a little break during your meal, 10 minutes later I find I can eat some more. I never felt the full feeling. I always went from hungry to sick. It's still hard for me to tell. The only thing that works is to have a plate with a reasonable helping and not have seconds.

I can't do alcohol. I go from fine to roaring drunk to fast asleep in 5 minutes. I am exaggerating but it sure feels like it.

My biggest problem is snacking. I can't seem to stop the munchies. Every hour I feel like I need to have a little something. Sometimes a little something is a lot of something. I had a restaurant size salad (big) for lunch then of course I could only eat about 1/3. I had leftovers, an hour later I had another 1/3 and finished it off another hour later. Wow! It's like I completely bypassed the physical limitations of my surgery. Not doing that again.

However, if I do get a proper meal 3 times per day and a couple Snacks, I am fine. Why, why is it so hard to just do that? It's like I am ADD about eating. I can't focus on it.

Other then that, everything is great. I feel great and my hair is coming back. I am at about 17 months past surgery and my new hair is like 2 inches long. I can see there is lot of hair that length throughout. It's coming in nice and strong. My energy level is great and I feel positively great.

I'm frustrated, too. I gained about 5 back. But when I look in the mirror I see the person who was 120 pounds more. I really plateaued in Aug. And, I think it hindered my motivation.

I haven't even broken into Wonderland yet. Sure, I'm 5ft 11 in, but it is still 23 pounds away.

I've yet to hit wonderland. I get close then gain a bit. This has happened so many times.

post-208911-14588480061896_thumb.jpg post-208911-14588480184596_thumb.jpg

I am only on chapter 2 but good so far.

Miss tvb you look awesome! Good job.

Lisaco... Thanks for the recommendation.

Hi everyone I've been M. I. A. For quite sometime. I hope everyone is doing well.

Hi Galdiators,

Good to hear from you layknee. Misstvb you look gorgeous. Nice work!

Question:

Is everyone feeling a lot hungrier lately?

Just wondering, and if so how do you cope? I don't think its real hunger but more like boredom hunger. But having said all that, I certainly can eat a lot more then I used to and it scares me.

@@amylynns

You look skinny my friend, good for you. I noticed your BMI is 23%. Well done! I'm around 25% which was my goal but I have been eating a bit more then I should lately. I am now at 155lbs. Can't wait to get out and about with good weather. I think winter has always been my biggest problem. I eat way more during the winter months.

We are all doing so well. I think we MUST always remember (even though its hard to ever be satisfied) where we were and were we are. a 100lbs lost is nothing to sneeze at. It takes true grit to do what we did. It still takes grit to keep going, right?

@@Beni

I'm not more hungry at meal times. Still eat small amounts but find myself wanting to snack between meals. I think it's boredom so I've started doing more during the day: scrapbooking, sewing whatever will keep me busy.

Winter has been horrible for my workout routine. I just can't make myself go out into the cold even if it's to go to the gym. I'm going this morning despite the rain. Then making it a habit again. My goal was to lose 50 more pounds this year and I'm nowhere near it.

Edited by misstvb