Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I ate a Morningstar Griller for Breakfast that caused the foamies and horrible stomach pains. Have spent the day in bed and on liquids. Threw out the rest of the package of Grillers.

My surgery was Oct 22, 2014. I just re read my guidelines and realized I'm only supposed to eat 1/4 cup of food until 6 months. When I eat food, I've been eating 1/2 cup? What does your guidelines say? 1/2 Cup does not hurt to eat, but my nerves may not have healed. I posted this elsewhere but didn't many replies. Thanks!

Also I'm soooo tired, to take a shower just wears me plub out!

My plan says I can have 1/2 cup, but my body is saying it's too much. I'm sick constantly. I also am so weak, and working full time, so I feel like I need more calories in just to function, but it's not going well....My Dr. told me this week, no more meats for a while, back to the super soft mushies.

(My surgery was Oct. 20th)

I can have 1/4-1/2 cup depending on how soft the food is. I'm 6 weeks out but still have not had any meats.

*Sigh* I have a UTI :( I felt like something was off today, I've been having this feeling that I have to pee still 10 min after I pee...then today I noticed sediment in my pee...so I figured I should go to Urgent Care to be safe. And I was right. This is the first time for me. I'm definitely not getting enough liquids, gotta carry around a bag of ice with me all day lol

This nausea is seriously going to kill me. (not literally) My gosh. I don't know what to do!?

I took my Pepcid, omeprozol, and Zofran before I ate at about 8:30 (like I was told to) I ate 4 bites of yogurt, over about 25 minutes. Sick to my stomach.

Tried using my peppermint oil. (works for nausea generally) Didn't work this time.

Waited an hour, tried to drink some sips. Got some down, but totally sick to my stomach. Then took my antibiotic. (for the UTI and incision)

Finally at 12:30 I decided maybe getting something more in my belly would help. Ate my 1/2 Cup of cottage cheese, over a 45 minute period. Pretty much ok, until after the last bite.

I've just been trying to hold it in since then.

I also had woken up at 2:00 with my sick 8 yr old and then proceeded to have diarrhea every half hour until 5:30. Slept until 7:30.

Have had 3 more bouts of it since being at work.

I am in tears, beyond frustrated. I just don't know what to do? I hate to call my Dr. again. They're at a loss. I've done everything they told me to. :(

I'm sorry you're having issues still :( I hope you feel better soon or get some answers at least!

I am almost 4 weeks past surgery and I can only eat a little more then a 1/4 cup but nowhere near a half a cup and I don't start meats until week 7. I think it is crucial to go slow in these early stages. Once we heal there will be time to try things. Right now it's time to go slow and easy. Best to be super cautious because the alternative is simply much worse. Fluids are the biggest challenge. I am thinking of getting a bottle with a lanyard like what you see at Disney Parks in the summer. It's like a necklace with a bottle hanging in the front. Allows for free hands but the bottle is right there. If I get a bottle with a pull up opener I don't have to worry about the bottle cap. I am going to look for a kids bottle at Target because it will be smaller otherwise a disposable one will do.

I simply have to have more liquids and the Water bottle in front of me will be a constant reminder. For example if I go shopping and spend 1/2 hour in the supermarket. That's 1/2 hour I am not drinking. I cannot afford to loose 1/2 hour.

Omg...can someone please tell me how I gained 1.2 lbs??? I was stalled last week...I stopped checking the scale for like 5 days and decided I'd check this morning. To my surprise I gained 1.2! I'm so sad and so discouraged right now I want to cry :(

I am almost 4 weeks past surgery and I can only eat a little more then a 1/4 cup but nowhere near a half a cup and I don't start meats until week 7. I think it is crucial to go slow in these early stages. Once we heal there will be time to try things. Right now it's time to go slow and easy. Best to be super cautious because the alternative is simply much worse. Fluids are the biggest challenge. I am thinking of getting a bottle with a lanyard like what you see at Disney Parks in the summer. It's like a necklace with a bottle hanging in the front. Allows for free hands but the bottle is right there. If I get a bottle with a pull up opener I don't have to worry about the bottle cap. I am going to look for a kids bottle at Target because it will be smaller otherwise a disposable one will do.

I simply have to have more liquids and the Water bottle in front of me will be a constant reminder. For example if I go shopping and spend 1/2 hour in the supermarket. That's 1/2 hour I am not drinking. I cannot afford to loose 1/2 hour.

I totally understand! I was just saying yesterday that I need to carry a big jug around with me lol..like one of those Coleman or igloo things! I found this Water thing online last night tho, called hydr-8...it's a water bottle that measures the ounces and has times on it...looks like it'd be good for us :)

http://hydr-8.com

Omg...can someone please tell me how I gained 1.2 lbs??? I was stalled last week...I stopped checking the scale for like 5 days and decided I'd check this morning. To my surprise I gained 1.2! I'm so sad and so discouraged right now I want to cry :(

Don't panic! 2 cups of Water weighs 1lb. You might have just been dehydrated the last time you weighed or well hydrated most recently.

1.2 is a small and total normal fluctuation, so please don't worry too much.

Don't panic! 2 cups of Water weighs 1lb. You might have just been dehydrated the last time you weighed or well hydrated most recently.

1.2 is a small and total normal fluctuation, so please don't worry too much.

Thanks...I do have a uti, and I definitely haven't been drinking enough fluids, maybe it's Water retention from not drinking enough...idk. it was just a total shock :(

Lived through my first Thanksgiving celebration. I ate my normal half cup, used my little ramekin and no-one said a word about it. I'm tired now, still have not found my energy since surgery. Feeling like things are getting better.