Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 year out and in trouble

Just checkin in...day four of gettin back at it! I've worked out everyday, kept my calorie intake between1100 and 1300, and my spirits are still high. I'm using my fitness pal and looking into doing the 5:2 diet. I saw it on this forum when I joined up!!!!

I did gain a pound so I'm now at 211 but I'm not discouraged. I'm in it to win it this time around! Oh yeah....definitely feeling more restriction since drinking more Protein shakes instead of shoveling in the food! ????

Me too. Just started the 5:2 plan yesterday, so today is my fast day with 500 calories. I watched the one hour video yesterday. And I thought 800-1200 calories was hard enough. Oh well.

Congrats on getting back on the wagon - never too late!

I love your honest and positive attitude. Looking forward to hearing about your successes.

@@coriek, I am 2 months out from surgery and some days I feel like a complete failure, but if I have a bad day, I just rebound and keep positive. You have definitely come to the right place, u definitely seem focused and this will pass

Back to basics my dear and then onward and upwards from there! You'll be fine. This forum has covered every feeling I've EVER had! I wish I had gotten the app pre-surgery. Best of luck. A 10 lb gain is nothing really.

Don't look back. It's not too late to use the tool you have in place.

My recommendation is to follow the program, verbatim, from the beginning.

1. Make an appointment with your nut and establish calorie/carb levels.

2. Make sure you're drinking 56-64 oz water/day.

3. Log all food, Water, and exercise.

4. Don't drink 30 minutes before/after eating.

It will work!!!

It sounds like you know pretty much what changes you need to make, it's more in your head at the moment. Sometimes my greatest struggle is getting out of my own head and doing what I need to do. As far as eating, get back to the basics. 80g of Protein, no more than 30-40g carbs, and 100 oz of Water does it for me every time.

But another suggestion is to maybe talk to a therapist who specializes in weight loss surgery patients or eating disorders. I have been working with one since about 7 months post op. I go every single week, and I can tell you that it has been a life-saver. I can say with certainty that I wouldn't be as successful wtih the weight loss as I've been without doing the hard emotional/head work with my therapist as well as the clean eating.

You've taken the first step in reaching out... now get a plan in place and you've got this! The beautiful part is that our tool (the sleeve) never goes away!

@@coriek, it's never to late to make positive changes in your life. Take it one day at a time and face those battles one by one. You can do this but you will have to keep your head in the game. You know all too well how easy it is to cheat and not follow the plan so don't do down that slippery slope this time. Write down your goal and write what objectives you want to use to obtain that goal. It has been proven that writing your goals down on paper will help you attain them because they appear more real if they are written down. Good luck to you and remember that there is great support here if you choose to use it. We are here for you.

I am pre-surgery but it's coming up soon. This is one of my greatest fears, not having success after going through all of this. I am beginning to think I can't do this alone. What I mean is, I am going to need a lot of help. I am now examining, therapy, trainer, whatever. A team of support in addition to doctor and NUT. Any thoughts?

I am pre-surgery but it's coming up soon. This is one of my greatest fears, not having success after going through all of this. I am beginning to think I can't do this alone. What I mean is, I am going to need a lot of help. I am now examining, therapy, trainer, whatever. A team of support in addition to doctor and NUT. Any thoughts?

For me, having that extra support via weekly therapy & doing the hard emotional work has been fundamental to keeping the weight off. If you're willing to do the work, you'll do great!

Don't beat yourself self up. Just get back on track and write down everything you are eating. When you see what you are eating on paper, it will help you take that control back. Don't give up.. you came too far. You can do this. Good luck

Good luck just stay positive and you will be fine!

Thank you so much for posting about this topic. I see a lot of pre op people asking how you stop losing weight. Like the weight is just going to fall off...lol. This surgery is just a tool and it's very easy to stop using this tool and go back to old habits. I am not saying this to be negative but I think it's important for people thinking about or just getting ready to have this surgery realize that it's no miracle pill. That you still have to work at it both physically and mentally every day. Its does make it alot easier but its not full proof. Thank you for your honestly!

Coriek - I've haven't had my surgery yet. But I've had friends that had the same experience you did. They picked themselves up and got on track and were very successful. You have the tool with your will you can do it!

Welcome back! You are headed in the right direction now! Hang in there . You will get there!