Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

just a quick note, if you plan to drive from Boston it will be longer than an hr., it's an hr. once you hit the cape. I think there may be a boat from boston that would be quicker. My wife and I got married there last October! it was just a day trip for us, as we live in the area. I wish we could suggest some places but didn't stay in any. We really did like the justice of the peace if you were so inclined!!:kiss2: maybe if I figure out how to post pictures ...........later, Oh, you can log on to Home: Provincetown, MA on Ptown.org for info.

now, for this site, it is doing weird things, I haven't been getting emailed either, and that is how I link directly to this thread. so I clicked on an old one to get here and it didn't log me in as a member, that was a first. had to go look my password!

and many thanks to Eddie for starting this thread, wish I'd found it sooner, it's great , feel really conected.

no special plans for the weekend, have to think about that one!

Eddie,

Glad everything went well for your fill.

Just home from the local club after a few wines.....pretty pissed.

I love this thread !!!!

You guys are all friends & I appricate all of you.

HAve a great weekend

XXX

Talking about Ptown. We were going to take a boat from Boston across the cape but we are actually flying into NH, an hour north of Boston because there are CHEAP flights on Skybus So we've allowed for some time in the rental car too.

Cheri we'd love to see the pictures.

Eddie-Thanks for the note to Chris61, on the board. Well done.

Mark- Pissed? cute! Of course I had to think, "why is he angry...oh wait, he's drunk!" :)

Pamela-On the "strategic plan for Juli's life 2010-2014" is learn Spainish, learn to golf, write a book. I'm living the SP 2005-2009 right now and just don't have time for more interests until I get done with school. I'm working on BS now and will start my MBA in January 08. I love to learn!

dezbus- You have fun with that tile.

I'm going to Chicago to be with my honey! We are having dinner with her mom who I have only met once, more than a year ago. The GF and I got into a huge fight after that. I'm a little scared actually. But we've learned a lot about each other since then...wish me luck. If it goes poorly it will be a long ass weekend.

Hi everyone,

No plans for the weekend. Hope to maybe go to the beach and relax at least for a little bit. But I promise -- no swimming! I wasn't going at a Michael Phelps speed, I was going pretty slowly...but I guess that doesn't matter...meh...

I've never been to P-Town, but I used to live in Providence and everyone always went there for vacations and loved it. Have fun, girls, and let us know how your trips go!

My husband and I are planning to spend a week in Key West this summer, probably towards the end of August since there will be less tourists then. I love it there, it's so peaceful and quaint.

You guys really make me miss being in school. I LOVED school...I am hoping to go to grad school one of these days, but I haven't quite figured out what exactly I want to study.

Take care everyone and have a good weekend.

Hi everyone,

No plans for the weekend. Hope to maybe go to the beach and relax at least for a little bit. But I promise -- no swimming! I wasn't going at a Michael Phelps speed, I was going pretty slowly...but I guess that doesn't matter...meh...

I've never been to P-Town, but I used to live in Providence and everyone always went there for vacations and loved it. Have fun, girls, and let us know how your trips go!

My husband and I are planning to spend a week in Key West this summer, probably towards the end of August since there will be less tourists then. I love it there, it's so peaceful and quaint.

You guys really make me miss being in school. I LOVED school...I am hoping to go to grad school one of these days, but I haven't quite figured out what exactly I want to study.

Take care everyone and have a good weekend.

Oooh, Michael Phelps! Yummy! :hungry: Not usually my type, but I could make do. Damn, the nice ones are always married or Str8... :)

Mark- Pissed? cute! Of course I had to think, "why is he angry...oh wait, he's drunk!" :)quote]

Yeah, that was my first thought too! Then I remembered he's Down Under. LOL! Here we are making fun of him and the poor thing isn't even around to defend himself! He usually posts from work; besides, even if he posts from home, unless he's staying up late (he's 14 hours ahead of EST so it's a little after 11 pm there) he won't even see this until Monday morning. Hmm, let's make some more fun of him... :heh:

Dee, don't feel too bad. Husbands often have those other plans for the weekend too...

Cheri, I'm so glad you feel comfortable and connected here. That was the idea.

Wade, feeling any better today? My favorite quote the first couple of weeks post-op was from a Sheryl Crow song: "Every day is a winding road..I get a little bit closer to feelin' fine." It's true...honest!

Still no word from Yenken? I'm going to PM her today and see what's going on. I'm getting a little concerned now...

Morning Family~

Cheri, thanks for the info. We are gonna take the ferry to Provincetown. I would love to and am ready to get married to Susanne. I've never been happier. But, she has 1 more year in the military, and after 22 years, she can not at this time. I could see us returning one day so she can make an "honest woman of me", lol. But of course, we want to have the families there. Can't wait for my republican TOTALLY STRAIGHT brother to tell his 3 kids, Aunt Pammy and Susanne are getting married...to each other. haha

Juli~have fun w/ GF. Have an extra glass of wine and I am sure dinner w/ mom will be fine. Enjoy Chi town!

Weekend plans, workout and nap. Yeah, I love being a teacher! Oh yeah, I will lay by my friends pool, I am babysitting her dog.

Have a great day!!!

It's gonna be Pride weekend up here in Toronto, and this will be the culmination of Pride Week. Tomorrow will be the day of the Dyke Parade and on Sunday afternoon the big Pride Parade will take place. The final parade is now such an accepted part of Toronto life that it routinely attracts between half to 3 quarter of a million people who come down to watch the parade and participate in the party. This means that there are a lot of corporate floats now, a fact which I personally find weirdly amusing. I like watching the marriage of drag queens, cod pieces, and corporate interests. And I live to see the day when Mickey meets Pride.

The parade is still pretty good, though; in between the floats you will see many people marching who belong to such groups as PFLAG, gays with AIDS/HIV, and with them are groups which have ethnic, religious, political or small town affiliations in common as well as a shared sexual orientation. And then there are the naked gays, the leather boys and grrls, the dykes on bikes, the bears. These groups also make their own representations in the final closing parade which will finish off Pride week for yet another year.

To tell you the truth the Pride parade has become a major institution in this city. The Mayor always makes an appearance and it seems to be that this may be becoming the new norm for the Premier of our province. The downside for us oldtimers is that we remember the days when the parade was a much more local and thus informal event. We could hang out, watch the parade, and then jump in behind the float which was playing what we figured was the most danceable music. The experience was both intimate and fun for us. Now, with between .500 and .750 of a million watchers there are barricades, cops, and the experience is very much changed.

Tough luck for us but my friend who used to march in those first Pride walks told me that these would consist of a group of 20 or 30 persons marching down a sidewalk, ducking the garbage and insults which were being hurled at them. This was a long, long time ago. Now the major streets of the core of this city are blocked off to traffic and there is a raft of cops standing guard over the festivities which both recognise and Celebrate its most deviant citizens. This is very, very cool, doncha think?

Hey Family~

Just wanted to share a story w/ you. My partner, Susanne, is in the bay area on a military exercise that lasts for 2 weeks. She was telling me that everyone is making all these gay jokes as usual, but especially since it is Pride Weekend. She has to always listen to the shit, even in her own office. The jokes and snide remarks are ongoing. Well, she is having a hard time up there, the usual assholes at the helm. She told them today, "You know, the gay people are not going anywhere, so you might as well come up w/ some new jokes and move on." She wanted to say so much more, but couldn't. I feel so sorry for her. When we started dating, I told everyone at work. My principal is gay and so are many teachers, even "big wigs" at the district office...but of course, this is Palm Springs. Everyone was so supportive and happy for me. I can't imagine what it must be like for her to have to "hide" who she is. This is the career she picked, but her being gay doesn't change her ability to serve our country. I feel proud of her...serving in silence (to coin a phrase). Anyway, I thought I would share w/ some friends.

Have a great night! I worked on homework all day, and am looking forward to doing "nothing" tonight!

xo

After I said "pissed" I knew that all you "Yanks" would think that I meant "angry".... I'll have to teach you all some more Aussie slang.

It's Sunday night here.... guess what...another glass of wine in my hand.... we are having a little wake for our neighbours little bird who died yesterday. Any excuse - right !!!

So quickly the weekend is gone ! What a bummer !

Eddie, how's the fill going ?

Kity, I feel for your brave girlfriend ! I work in the building industry & over the years it's sometimes hard.... but nothing like I imagine for your poor girl. Tell her that she has the respect & best wishes not just from her own countrymen but from people on the other side of the world !!!

Everyone have a great week.....

I'll check in sometime thru the week.....

Big kisses from Down Under !!!! ;-)

Thanks Mark~

That really meant a lot to me. I've been meaning to ask you when you stayed in Fiji? We went a year and a half ago and stayed at Tobera Island. The entire island was our resort. We kiaked (sp) around the entire island in 7 min. It was soooo lovely.

Pamela,

Sean was in the Navy for 8 1/2 years before his roommates outed him. I don't usually tell his story for him, but even though we weren't together then (we met 3 1/2 years after his discharge) and I can never completely understand what he went through since I wasn't in the military, I do know how it continues to affect him 12 years later. So I know where Susanne is coming from. Plus I have the added perspective of having grown up Southern Baptist and being in denial and subsequently closeted for so many years. Please let Susanne she's not alone.

The fill has been an odd thing. Some meals if feels like I can barely choke down two bites of food. Other times, it's like I don't even have the band, much less a fill too. But in all fairness, I'm not consistently back on solids yet so once I am that will be a more accurate assessment. One thing I did realize today was that before the fill I had fallen back into the bad habits of taking bites that are way too large and eating way too fast. They say it takes at least six weeks to break/create a habit. Thank goodness this, as my doc says, is a marathon, not a sprint...

Kity,

We stayed at "The Fijian Shangri-La Resort" on the Coral Coast. And I agree it was lovely.

One of my staff at work is there at this very moment - I am so jealous. We just have to wait for Christmas for our next holiday - a cruise to Vanatu & New Noumea.

Can I survive another 6 months till then ? Hope so.

Eddie !!!!!

Another similarity between us.... My partner Des was also in the Armed Forces- though before my time... He served in the airforce in Malaysia (for Australia)

talk soon