Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

plastic surgeon. Just going to say it!

Thank you everyone for your kind support. Just anyone saying he's a 'rat bastard' of sorts made it better for me.

The right plastic surgeon will make you feel as beautiful and worthy as the wrong one made you feel gross and unworthy. You'll know the right one when you meet him or her.

It will happen for you and I look forward to an update about your positive experience. You have been so unbelievably strong that sometimes it doesn't take much to be tipped over. I know that feeling and I understand. You deserve the best. You have earned it. =)

RJ

I am so sorry that this happened to you. I know that after years of getting judged for being overweight, the last thing you need after all your hard work and success is a judgmental attitude from a plastic surgeon. Also, this is the perfect place to vent your feelings. I just want you to know that regardless of that jerks behavior you are such a positive inspiration to everyone on this forum. Your great advice and positive attitude is awesome and appreciated. So, if you need to vent your sorrow and frustrations you are more than entitled.

I am a little over three months post op myself and while I have lurked daily on this forum I have never joined or commented on anything. I joined tonight because I wanted to tell you that the night before my surgery I was so nervous and thinking about canceling it. However, it was in reading your story and journey that gave me the courage and faith to go through with it. So I thank you for that!! I am sending hugs and good wishes your way. Embrace your fabulousness and know that you are an inspiration to so many!!

I cried and was depressed for days after my initial plastics consult. It was awful. I had several more and kind of got over being treated like a side of beef...

By the time I went to Dr Sauceda I knew the drill. My dear friend was horrified..like how could he be so mean? ,He was the kindest of the lot but she didn't know what it was like to be prodded and your skin pulled around and reminded of flaws you didn't know you had.

My heart is breaking for you but I know in the end it is so worth it! ,insurance didn't pay any of mine but I would advise chilling fora awhile.

Hello hey one out of three is a start missy I've been where u are with all the issues coming down on u at once I've had a flooded house a leaking roof along with a health crisis or one with my husband happening all at once I completely get how u feel I haven't been on this site very long but have read your posts as well and they are helpful and encouraging this dr sounds like someone u need to stay far away from these drs know by the very nature of what they have trained to do that they are going to deal with some kind of side effects of obesity trauma etc if this is the way he behaves in his office how must he act otherwise? I wouldn't let him touch me with a 10 foot pole a good dr uplifts and inspires one to do better get better be better not feel bad about themselves please try to find someone else sending good thoughts your way and hugs too

Once again it is nice to hear that others struggled with this part of the process. Thank you @@CowgirlJane I will wait until Dec. 1 when I see another one. I know him better and would put my life in his hands. I hope he will take me on! Meanwhile I will work to make myself get a grip on what happened and move on.

I will be seeing my surgeon in a few weeks and will definitely be telling him about it all.

One is three is not good odds hun @@shellyd88 Nut your right. That means no more surgeries as far as the ulcer and leak go. Yes a positive for me!

RJ

I am so sorry that this happened to you. I know that after years of getting judged for being overweight, the last thing you need after all your hard work and success is a judgmental attitude from a plastic surgeon. Also, this is the perfect place to vent your feelings. I just want you to know that regardless of that jerks behavior you are such a positive inspiration to everyone on this forum. Your great advice and positive attitude is awesome and appreciated. So, if you need to vent your sorrow and frustrations you are more than entitled.

I am a little over three months post op myself and while I have lurked daily on this forum I have never joined or commented on anything. I joined tonight because I wanted to tell you that the night before my surgery I was so nervous and thinking about canceling it. However, it was in reading your story and journey that gave me the courage and faith to go through with it. So I thank you for that!! I am sending hugs and good wishes your way. Embrace your fabulousness and know that you are an inspiration to so many!!

I cried when I read this. Thank you so much for what you said...It made all of this right..That is what I need to do is help others and the fact that you mentioned it was so, made me cry so hard! All the best in your journey. And total success!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane

@RJ'S/beginning

Well, that was certainly unpleasant and he does sound like a rat bastard. Sorry you had to endure that. One thing I know from years of nursing, some spent in the OR, is that surgeons are the worst in thinking they are God, and Plastic surgeons are at the top of that heap (In my opinion, based on personal experience). They are the reason I don't work in surgery, lol, because they treat the nurses like that every day. Too hard to please, temperamental primadonnas. However, even I know they are not ALL that way.

I just had plastics, and the first consult I went to was pretty similar to yours. They made me pay $150 out of pocket for the consult, and never even billed my insurance. He looked me over and told me what I needed, rather than considering what I wanted. He couldn't wait to get a hold of my abdomen, and told me I could wear a bikini when he was done with me. The biggest issue for me was my legs, though, and he just told me there was nothing he could do for me. Really?? Why do I need a bikini belly if I can't wear one because of my legs? I was really crushed and despondent after that. I really thought I just would forget it. But I kept seeing other people's pictures here, and figured I'd keep looking.

I found a surgeon who said she could do my legs. She didn't even act like it was an issue. I think the first surgeon just didn't want to do anything that might not be a slam dunk perfect outcome. The second surgeon wanted to know what I thought I needed, and truly consulted about a plan. She never promised me a bikini body, (and I'm not asking for one - I'm a 52 year old woman who gave birth to three kids and was 150 pounds overweight for 25 years) and didn't discuss cost in the context of the consultation. Her office billed my insurance for the initial visit, which was paid. So, she was just a much better fit for me, and I decided to go for it. I just had abdominoplasty, butt lift, and brachioplasty six weeks ago, and I'll have my legs and breasts done in a few months. My insurance only covered a portion of it, but that's not the plastic surgeon's fault.

So far, I'm thrilled! I do have a bikini worthy torso and arms! I can't wait to see how my legs and breasts turn out. I only wanted to fit into and look better in clothes, so she surpassed my expectations. I'm sure you will find someone who is a better fit for you, too! You've worked too hard and come too far to let someone like that bring you down. I'd say keep searching until you find someone who treats you right.

When I talked to the nurse today and told her what happened she said that he really was not part of the team he was just another plastics that had been used. She also said that others had come back to the office after seeing him in tears because of how they were treated by him.

I wanted to cancel my appointment with him but my hubby said " No lets get his opinion and then try another" I had his alright....... :(

The nurse was going to talk to my surgeon I have no idea what will happen next...Except I will not be using him that is for sure. I served my time of people looking at me like I did not deserve to walk on the same ground as them...... It just really hurts and the sting has not left me yet. It will though I always push through!

Well they need to stop sending their patients to him, period!!Others had come back in tears. really? This should stop!

Thank you @@Andrew0929 I am proud of what I have accomplished and never expected to get this far. Seems when I do open up on here I get it with both barrels. I think everyone sees me in one dimension sometimes.

I just really want to complete this ride and get to focus on the fun part. Seems something always gets in my way!

Thank you again Andrew, means a lot!

Ok, now you've done it. My feelers are soooo hurt! You don't think listening to all of us fuss and gripe and ask questions on here is the fun part?? Just kidding RJ. Hoping to make you smile. I can't tell you how much you have encouraged me. Even though my surgery is not until November, I soak up every word that Vets like you and Kindle write. You have every right to depend on us to encourage and uplift you! Prayers up and warm fuzzies to you.

RJ,

This is a set back but not the end of the road. Yes, there is a lot going on. It is time perhaps to break down tasks (after a little break where fun and distraction play a big role) to simple things you can do. Make a list if that helps you. Make one phone call a day on your process. I find if I move forward even if only y a small amount I feel like I accomplished something.

My grandmother, the wisest woman I ever knew, would have said "don't worry about the things that you can't do. Worry about those that you can do and how you are going to do it." Start with those, as small has they maybe, they are your path to bigger and better things. Baby steps, that's how you build a great wall, a life for yourself! Make the most beautiful wall you can make. It won't be perfect but it will be your wall and it will stand as an example of the amazing individual that you are. You keep building, okay!

I wish all the best, it is a journey, and this too shall pass.

You're beautiful no matter what your body looks like, and your doctor is an unprofessional asshole. He's a PLASTIC SURGEON fercryinoutloud - it's his JOB to FIX physical imperfections, not judge them. Apparently none of his other patients have actually needed his service.

All I can say is that I'm sorry his ridiculousness made you feel even worse at a time when you were already overwhelmed, and that I hope you're able to get things settled soon!

You have all been so very kind to me... Thank you all so much. I think it takes a village to raise a child. it takes a forum to make one feel like they can do this no matter what! You guys all rock it!!!! Thank you again!

Jane

Ok, now you've done it. My feelers are soooo hurt! You don't think listening to all of us fuss and gripe and ask questions on here is the fun part?? Just kidding RJ. Hoping to make you smile. I can't tell you how much you have encouraged me. Even though my surgery is not until November, I soak up every word that Vets like you and Kindle write. You have every right to depend on us to encourage and uplift you! Prayers up and warm fuzzies to you.

Your too cute! :)

You have all been so very kind to me... Thank you all so much. I think it takes a village to raise a child. it takes a forum to make one feel like they can do this no matter what! You guys all rock it!!!! Thank you again!

Jane

Love this analogy. It sure does take a forum for us!!!! ????????❤️❤️