Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Raleigh, NC? Or October RYN?

Ya im trying to be positive...we r also looking for a house and this waiting thingy made things easier for me and faster cuz im more pre occupied with house hunting....lol as a matter of fact i havent been here in this blog for a long time cuz i didnt wanna remind my self of the "waiting game" but since u replied to the link where i posted, i got an email notification and got excited knowing that someone near me is also doing it!...

So if ur insurance does not require the 6months, y wait for october?...u should be able to do all other requirements in a month? And gitt-err-dunn!????

My 6th month will be around sept 5 or first week of september...so im hoping that i get my pre auth approved around mid september and do my liquid diet for 2 weeks...so really im praying and hoping that my surgery will be early around octoberish too

Ya im trying to be positive...we r also looking for a house and this waiting thingy made things easier for me and faster cuz im more pre occupied with house hunting....lol as a matter of fact i havent been here in this blog for a long time cuz i didnt wanna remind my self of the "waiting game" but since u replied to the link where i posted, i got an email notification and got excited knowing that someone near me is also doing it!...

So if ur insurance does not require the 6months, y wait for october?...u should be able to do all other requirements in a month? And gitt-err-dunn!????

That's why I said tentative lol. We are hoping to get both of ours done at the same time so both of us have to get all the pre testing done. Also they won't let us do it at the same time unless we have a "baby sitter" at home for recovery lol.

I gotta tell ya I was surprised that there had been so many in the area. I think it would be awesome if there was some kind of local monthly meet up to support and share with one another.

The seminar at rex at lake boon trail where my surgeons are omg lots of ppol all d time...i havent seen soooo many obese ppol in my life in one room!...the group meetings like the cooking class, nutrition class, shake tasting classes are always jammed packed!....there will be like 20-30 ppol in the class learning and listening to patients with their pre/post op experiences...its a great support group to go...there will be like 4-6 speakers that had surgeries and they tell us their experiences...even the one that did my psychology test dr. Shuttuck was also a patient and he went to d same doctor as im with now!...

The seminar at rex at lake boon trail where my surgeons are omg lots of ppol all d time...i havent seen soooo many obese ppol in my life in one room!...the group meetings like the cooking class, nutrition class, shake tasting classes are always jammed packed!....there will be like 20-30 ppol in the class learning and listening to patients with their pre/post op experiences...its a great support group to go...there will be like 4-6 speakers that had surgeries and they tell us their experiences...even the one that did my psychology test dr. Shuttuck was also a patient and he went to d same doctor as im with now!...

That's really awesome! When is the meetings there? WakeMed has one the second Tuesday of the month.

You can even sign up for a grocery tour and the nutritionist will be the one to go and guide you with what food to buy and what not...this grocery tour is limited due to grocery policy so its a first come first serve to sign up..so if u dont get to sign up like lets say today then u can just sign up for the following scheduled date... post-254029-14379213229654_thumb.jpg

I just looked they haven't posted for next month yet. I'll keep a look out. I think that support will be the key to success.

Do you know if the meetings are open or do you have to be using Rex for surgery to go?

Not sure but It says on that calendar family and friends are welcome...i guess you can say your a friend of a friend that goes there...they are pretty nice over there...just call em and ask im sure they will allow u to come in even if ur going to a different surgeon...or dont say that ur with cary wake med and just say that ur considering to have a WLS and that u just started the journey and that u wanna go all the support group first...

Not sure but It says on that calendar family and friends are welcome...i guess you can say your a friend of a friend that goes there...they are pretty nice over there...just call em and ask im sure they will allow u to come in even if ur going to a different surgeon...or dont say that ur with cary wake med and just say that ur considering to have a WLS and that u just started the journey and that u wanna go all the support group first...

Great idea!

Hey, I see there are some tentative dates for October. I just received my date for October 12th. I'd love to join in this forum; although I'm not from NC. However, I attended Bennett College and went to many parties at A&T. Many, many year ago LOL! I was originally going to have the sleeve done, but after my EGD, my surgeon suggested that I have the bypass. I have reflux and gastritis. Therefore, he thought that since most patients develop reflux with the sleeve, that would not be the best choice for me.

I have completed my EGD, psych evaluation, weight history is submitted. I have Aetna which included a 3 month supervised diet. I have one more dietician visit, which is in September. I do have a phone visit, this month. So far, no weight gain. ????

I've been reading and researching everything I can, trying to pass the time buy because I'm so excited. I can't wait to start losing weight.