Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello fellow banders. As most of you know I reached my goal in July 2013 and surpassed it by December. I actually went down to 140 lbs in the spring and then have been fluctuating between 142-146 ever since. Finally last month I don't know maybe this new job I've started, I noticed my eating habits have changed. I'm not very hungry at all which is a good thing. I have a Protein Shake and coffee for Breakfast, and then I don't eat any food until between 12:30 and 2 pm. Yeah, all day no food just about. When I do eat, it's just a little as we are supposed to eat and that's it. I may snack on something in the evening around 6:30 or 7 but I can't eat later than that. My body has changed to if I do, I start coughing in the middle of the night and will cough up Water that sometimes come out of my nose. Not sure why that is. Anyway, my weight went back down to 141 last month and then last week I lost another pound and hit 140 again. Couldn't believe it. Didn't think I would see that again. Well yesterday I got on the scale and it was 139.2. OMG!!!! Me 139 pounds!!!!! Are you kidding??? This scale can't be right. So I go to work. Weighed myself before bed and yes it said 139.2. I don't even recall when or if I ever weighed 139 pounds but today when I weighed, it's at 138.8. Yep, that's right. I'm officially 138 pounds. I can't believe it. I'm literally in shock guys. I even said in another post a while back that my doctor's goal for me was to be 134 pounds and I thought he was crazy. Well I don't think he is crazy anymore because I'm almost there. Again, I'M IN SHOCK!!!!! :o So what's the point. NEWBIES AND OTHERS, THE BAND WORKS IF YOU WORK WITH IT, PERIOD!!!!!!!! And that's by following the rules. You may venture off a little but you can ALWAYS get back on track. I LOVE MY BAND. I'm so excited yet I'm feeling a little numb because I'm not doing anything in particular to lose weight and all of a sudden my body is losing again which is good. I guess I need to lose some more and didn't realize it and I'm okay with that. I just had to share guys. Continued success to each of you. :D

Congratulations on your success! I was wondering if you had an idea how many calories you're eating a day, approximately of course. Just wondering how it all shakes out down the road. I'm halfway to my goal.

Edited by JustWatchMe

Thank you. Anywhere between 500-700 calories. Maybe 800 depending on what I eat.

Edited by Lady VS

Oh! That's lower than I would have guessed. Ok well, good to know!

I hit send too fast. Wanted to say as long as you have satiety and the loss rate is good and not dangerous then the low calories are what your body must need/want for optimal health. Thanks for your info.

Congratulations ! Great job !! Just curious, how are you able to get all your Vitamins and nutrients in on that low of calories ? Just wondering, are your skin and hair doing ok ? Im concerned that I would have problems if I went too low. By the way, you look great !!

My skin and hair are just fine. Never no problems. I take my Vitamins every day plus the Protein Shakes I drink are full of vitamins and minerals. I use muscle milk for building muscles. I'm a meat eater so I'm definitely getting my Protein. I eat veggies but not everyday. That is an area that needs work and I get my fruit in via juice mostly orange again not everyday. Thank u for the compliment.

Edited by Lady VS

Your current lifestyle is very similar to mine....I do not eat breakfast, just a high Protein smoothie and of course my coffee....

I'm never hungry either.

lunch I so busy I may only grab a cup Soup from the cafeteria....should say when I say cup, I mean a large Styrofoam cup...

Then I have dinner when I get home. Because both my wife and I work, we usually pick something up or go out.

I don't count calories, and I kept right on loosing until all body fat was gone...well down to 15% approx.

My Dr.. knows all this, said the only thing to be extra careful about is your daily Protein intake, Water and Vitamins.

Since I eat so little, I need to make the best of what I do eat....

I have more energy now than I ever have, and never been healthier and active in a long, long time.

Thanks for replying B52. I recall reading your story last year and I couldn't fathom how it was possible. I didn't question you because I believed it to be YOUR STORY. :) Now hear I am over a year or so later and I understand. I'm just not that hungry anymore and my doctor said when you're not hungry don't eat so I don't. Simple :-)