Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

@@Peekboo I"m so jealous ! I want fish sooooooooo bad. I see my Dr monday and I'm going to beg him to let me eat some fish !

@@chellede How have your incisions been? Mine are so itchy! I know that's part of healing but I just want to SCRATCH!!!!

How do you know which side it was pulled out? The one that hurts the most for me is the one right under my left boob and the top of my ribs there are sore too

Chellede, you are too funny, lol. Ask your doctor if the is a certain amount of calories we should be consuming to promote weight loss please. I heard if you dont take in enough calories you may not lose. Just curious.

My incisions stopped itching at abut 2 weeks when the strips came off. I have very little soreness now. I have to remind myself thT I just had major surgery :-)

@@rmspencer - I can tell the incision my stomach was pulled out of because it was BRUISED!! It looked like they beat the crap out of me in surgery! It's looking better now. They all actually are. I was my primary care doctor yesterday and as she was looking at my incisions she was like "YOU'RE GOING TO BE ABLE TO WEAR A BIKINI!!"

I'm feeling a little more sore today too. It's strange how everything comes and goes. A great day followed by one that's more challenging. Surgery was on the 14th and I'm down 10.9 pounds from then. So just a little over a pound a day. I guess I can't complain too much, but I do need to get off my butt and start walking more. I have the alerts from this sent to my phone and there are days you ladies blow up my inbox! lol

Edited to say - my NUT and surgeon gave a goal of 700-900 calories.

Edited by KarenF1972

@@KarenF1972 Wow! I have no bruising except where the blood was taken and the shots went in. Even my IV spot is bruise free which is surprising.

@@Peekboo in terms of calories in, we're going into "starvation mode". My doc explained that it's not really about too few calories going in that's going to do that, but what our body does in response to the lesser calories. So everyone's different. I'm averaging 300 cals a day, BUT the way to counter act starvation mode is to go workout and move around to trick my body into burning fat b/c it needs the energy instead of hoarding it and making us tired.

Thanks guys on the calorie and weight loss info.

My incisions look good but the area where they initially tried to start the iv looks like I was in a fight with Mohamed Ali, and lost, lol.

Did someone say something about wearing a bikini :-). I will e happy just not to feel I need to suck in my stomach or thighs, lol.

@@Peekboo I want to know how to suck in thighs! :)

wow ! I'm jealous of all y'alls incisions.. I just took a pic of mine. Don't gasp.. I told you it was an allergic reaction LOL.

Peek - congrats on what your primary care said ! You'll heal up nicely :D And I will.. I'll ask my doctor monday how many calories I should be at. Im right between 400 to 600 cals.

Okay.. so we all have that little voice in our head. The voice or reason. The one that we smack around and tell it to shut up? See, I knew you had one too :P So this morning I took it easy. Since taking benedryl for my incision rash, it makes me very sleepy even in the mornings. So I caught up on some stupid soaps, and rested. Finally the time is closing in on me and I really need to go drop off my pain med script. I could have easily gotten in the car, or even took the dog in the car to walgreens. But that voice said.. "Stop whining, and just do it, you'll be proud of yourself later". Usually at that point I smack the little B, but said okay, I"ll do it. And you know what... it was a hot, but nice walk, and it was right.. I feel good. So don't talk yourself out of things, just know we all do things that we don't necessarily want to do at first, but then we are happy we did it :)

That's my story for now... after seeing some of my girlfriends tonight.. I might have more :P

Here's a pic of how many minutes I walked, and my incisions. Again, don't scream or think I"m dying :P

My Allergic reaction to the glue

IMG 3312

@@KarenF1972

Mine itch really bad also. What date was your surgery?

Rmspencer, when you suck your stomach in hard enough, you an feel a slight pulling in the inner thighs, lol.

@@rmspencer

My biggest incision is on my right side and I have a huge bruise down below it, so pretty sure my stomach came out on my right side.

Chellede

OMG, I would make them admit me to the hospital for that. Please feel better soon.

@@chellede HOLY CRAP!!! I can't believe how bruised up you are! Are the rest of you guys like this too? I feel so bad! I have had none of that on my tummy, just where the nurses drew my blood and ouchy those are painful looking!