Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

Started my liquid diet today. It's ok so far. I know now that I can't have chicken broth for Breakfast. Not enough substance. I'll stick to my shakes early in the morning.

Started my liquid diet today. It's ok so far. I know now that I can't have chicken broth for breakfast. Not enough substance. I'll stick to my shakes early in the morning.

Good Luck Kelew!! My 2wk diet starts Friday out of all days..right before the wkd!!...keep us posted on how it goes

Are any of you doing a youtube channel? I'm thinking about it.

Oct 7th is my date, I have to begin my 2 week pre-op liquid diet tommorow, im excited, nervous, just ready to get on with my life

Hi, I start my pre-op diet tomorrow as well. Wow, I thought this time would never come. Two weeks until surgery, I'm really excited too. I'm hoping this time will go quick I know it will. I have to complete my pre-op testing at the hospital on next Tuesday.

Let's stay in touch, there seems to be a lot of people scheduled for October 7th :)! Good luck to everyone, we can do this!

Mine is Oct 6th... its getting real... Good luck to all my fellow October Sleevers. Keep us posted on your successes and difficulties if any...

So ive been on my Pre op diet for like 4 weeks. I had gained some weight and needed to get back down so I did Atkins induction. Today I wake up week as hell. Turns out I might have a Iron deficiency meaning my primary care doc will tell surgeon and I may not be able to have surgery if my numbers are too low or don't bounce back by time my clearance date which is Monday next week. I hope everything is OK. Has anyone experienced low iron and has it impacted your surgery.

Hi, I'm scheduled for October 7th. I'm from Greenville, NC. Best wishes to everyone!

Dana, I'm also on Oct 7 and will be having surgery in Hickory, NC. Prayers for you too!

Dana, I'm also on Oct 7 and will be having surgery in Hickory, NC. Prayers for you too!

Thanks so much! Are you starting your pre-op diet tomorrow as well?

@@jessiquoi I am definitely sending positive vibes your way.

But you stay positive as well. Things will be just fine! Do not speak any negativity.

Please keep us posted.

Im getting sleeved October 29 I am scared, excited and anxious all in one I'm just glade my family is so supportive of it

Wow there are so many of you guys going on the 1st or 7th. I feel like the Lone Ranger on the 17th!

Good luck to all my fellow Oct. sleevers who are currently on the preop. Diet. You are almost at the end of this phase and headed for the losers bench! Stay encouraged.

I'm scheduled for my Band to Sleeve revision on October 3rd!! Super excited!! The ultrasound also showed that my gallbladder is full of stones so that is coming out at the same time. I'm a little apprehensive of the extensiveness of all the procedures, but am hopeful that everything will go ok and that I'll heal quickly. I have a baby that will be turning one a week after my surgery....so I feel like I can't be down for too long. I will take as long off of work as the short-term disability allows me to, but try to take it easy at home. Good luck October Sleevers!

Well now I'm officially thirty days away. Thinking about all of us October sleevers and I know we can do this! We've all been on our journeys that brought us to this point, but we have our whole lives ahead of us, and we'll be living those lives healthier and thinner. Great to have everyone on here sharing and caring. Some of you are coming up very soon. I'm thinking about you!

OMG ! I read a post here last night in regards to a surgeon putting off surgery until she quit smoking, he wanted her off for 6months. I have not had a "cig" in over 10 yrs and recently (3wks ago) started doing the electronic ones-stopped my stress eating. What a dummy ! When I called my dr office about it. They said they require totally nic free for 3months, but they would talk to him. Thing is he's on vc and not available til Sept 30. 2 days before surgery! Shoot I don't even do it that much and its only 6mg. My pre ops are tomorrow and I start my liquid diet, with surgery scheduled for Oct 1st. I don't know what I'd do if it gets cancelled or postponed .

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to have questions or be honest. :((

Edited by Lin1738

Just had my pre-op appt today! So many emotions but I'm trying to keep positive! Who else is being sleeved on October 1st?!! Anyone in NY or close by ??