Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello I am Monique. You are correct, I am having my surgery on August 26th as well. I started my liver shrink diet today as well and really working my recumbent bike, lol. The CNP told me yesterday that the exercise is good for the heart because during the surgeon the heart is taking a lot of stress. Seeing my surgeon yesterday was surreal. I was totally nervous but Dr. Mikami was awesome. I will be having my surgery at Ohio State University Hospital @10am.

I am allowed 4 Protein shakes, salad with 2 tblsp of FF dressing, 1 small fruit, and a frozen dinner entree. My hubby got me the Ensure powder tub but the dietician said that the carb count was too high for my liver shrink diet. The carb count is 15 per serving.But he said it was okay for after the surgeon. I was a little confused on that one though. To my understanding, after the surgery you want less carbs as possible. In the beginning, I will be depended on the high Protein Shakes in order to get my Protein in for the day. Any thoughts?

I hope all goes well for everyone and thx for starting this blog for some added support

Monique - I love your pre-op diet - wish mine was so flexible! But its ok - I know that this is my decision - so Im working thru it... its not too bad. My weakness is cheese - LOL - not sweets, not bad stuff - I just have a hard time NOT wanting cheese!

Hey guys! I'm Kerri, 34 from Anderson, SC. I'm a stylist and have been talked to one of my surgeon clients for a year. Before I decided. Unfortunately my insurance didn't cover his office. Dr. Fischer is doing mine in simpsonville, SC. I'm excited and scared. It's been a long journey! I'm glad I have y'all here with me!

Hi Kerri! Welcome and yay for you!

Hey guys! day two of the liver shrink diet. Yesterday, I was thinking that I was starving to death. lol. I mean, I can eat food but mostly veggies and I still have to be carfeul. I did make me some delicious spinach and onion Soup. I also decided to eat an apple instead of adding 3 strawberries to my smoothie. I need food!

How is everyone else doing?

OH! Hi Kerri! Welcome to the group!

I started my pre-op diet yesterday. I'm not really hungry, but I have a bear of a head-ache!

I have 4 shakes, 1 Soup, and One Bar per day, plus either a small banana (which I'm choosing, because duh...chewing! LOL) or a cup of skim milk. The shakes are awful, but I've found a combo of latte and chocolate doesn't make me want to gag. I can't say the same for the "soup"! I'll probably sub a bar or another shake (or just skip it) because that stuff is not passing my lips again.

I am not looking forward to the next couple of weeks, for sure. On the other hand, I am down 5 pounds from my high weight, even though I allowed myself to eat pretty much what I liked (until satisfied, but not stuffed) for the past month. I think it's all the additional Water I've been making myself drink. It really cuts down on hunger in general.

My date is August 26, 2014!!!!! I have a 2 day pre op liquid diet. I have been doing low carb for the past 3 months. I have a question. My friends are giving me a big celebration BBQ on the 23rd, is it ok to have alcohol 3 days before surgery? I will do the 2 day pre op as directed on the 24th & 25th.

I'm having my surgery on August 28, 2014. I just went to pick up my Protein shakes to start on tomorrow or Saturday. It won't be a full two weeks, but she said it really only needs to be one full week. She said if I'm faithful for one full week, the liver will shrink. I'm supposed to have a Protein Drink every 3 hours. They should be fully consumed in 5 - 7 minutes. I got one of every flavor. I have more than I will need for the pre-op diet, so I will have left-overs. I'm excited to be getting in the boat.

My date is August 26, 2014!!!!! I have a 2 day pre op liquid diet. I have been doing low carb for the past 3 months. I have a question. My friends are giving me a big celebration BBQ on the 23rd, is it ok to have alcohol 3 days before surgery? I will do the 2 day pre op as directed on the 24th & 25th.

I am not sure about the achohol thing... I know that I am supposed to be on all Clear liquids for 3 days prior to my surgery... i know that the liver lays on the stomach - and they have to move it to get to the stomach - and I know that alcohol affects the liver... but I dont know how much it affects it.

Hi my name is Virginia and my surgery date is 8/26 as well! I just started my all liquid diet today I just substituted Breakfast with a watered-down oatmeal tomorrow I'll be substituting breakfast and lunch then the next day it'll be all replaced with the liquid diet stuff. I'm extremely nervous and I'm excited at the same time I feel like I'm not prepared for what to do when I get home after the surgery. I haven't bought any Vitamins I haven't thought about after the surgery yet because I'm so in shock that I'm finally getting this after three years of battling for it. I was literally told a week ago that I was approved for the surgery and I met with my surgeon yesterday and it just it feels like it's happening so fast. Where do I start?!

@@vbm510 Hi - Virginia - well Im no expert by any means - I just decided to do this in early June... but since we only have 11 days left... I would concentrate on getting your first stage diet products at your house... so different kinds of broth, Jello, sugarfree popsicles... and then maybe a Protein powder. I have a deep drawer in my kitchen with all my goodies... that Ive purchased. I figure Im going to be ready because I have been on a pre-op for almost 4 weeks now... but I have my broths ready - like 5 different flavors. My liaison just told me today that I needed to go ahead and buy Biotin for my hair - I hadnt planned to get that until a couple weeks after surgery - but she said to start on that right away.

@@vbm510 Virginia - where is your surgery going to be ?

I did start my diet today I will be on it for 10 days and it progressively goes to all liquid. My the 3rd day I'll be all liquid.

I'm getting my surgery done in San Jose by dr.Zare

Sandi, what form of Biotin will you purchase? What dose or strength was recommended?

Thank you.

Only 11 days left, huh? Weird how I seem to have everything together but the foods I need when I come home. I will definitely have my Protein powder and my surgeon said that they will give me a prescription for prenatals and PPI. I have been concentrating on this pre-op diet and planning my meals.

I am sure everything will fall into place. Oh, I also have to start schooling on the 19th, lol.

@@BarnGirlWK I have researched this - because I really dont want to lose my hair... although I have thick hair - Im kind of attached to it! Im going to the Vitamin shoppe tomorrow after church.... from what I have read - we will need 3000 MCG of Biotin daily. We also can help ourselves by assuring we get our Protein every day - 60-80 g. Also there is another thing we can get - my mom is getting from a wholesale beauty supply company... its a Shampoo called Nioxin. It helps thinning hair.