Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for friends with September surgery dates

I guess I am fortunate in that my surgeon isn't making me do a pre op liquid diet until the day before. He says there will be enough of that after the surgery. Ha! I find it interesting to learn how different some surgeons are from each other regarding meal plans and such.

Counting myself lucky.

Hi everyone! I had my surgery a week ago today. I have been pretty miserable since...but I had a rough time with things right before and right after surgery (they said my record said I was allergic to morphine, but I'm not...and no one changed it, I said NO Dilaudid or Oxycodone...thay gave me both an wouldn't call the Dr to change it, I swear my CNA was on drugs, they booted me out when I wasn't ready...and told them at least 5 times)...it has been pretty rough. But...I have lost 21.1 lbs and feeling ok today! And so very glad I had my mom with me thru everything :)

Hey!My name is Alora, I just had my surgery on the 8th. I would also like to keep in touch with people going through it at the same time.

Hi Alora! How are you doing? How was your first week? Any issues with getting enough Protein or walking?

I am finally starting to feel better (surgery 9/10) now. I am up to walking 1.2 - 1.4 miles a day now (only 2 days so far, but hey...its a start lol). Sounds kinda dumb...but I got thru my first sneeze this morning...felt like my insides came out but nothing serious really happened lol.

I still can't get anywhere near my necessary Protein or fluids in...but am managing to get all my Vitamins finally...and some real food. Yippee! My favorite I have found is pureed Tyson chicken (in a can with the water) mixed with pureed Tuscan Broccoli (frozen) and mixed with Cheesy Salsa. OMGoodness, it is sooo good after not being able to eat!! Hoping and praying everyone is doing well! :)

I had my Surgery Sept. 17th Wed. and I had a complication of severe high blood pressure. I was in the ICU for a night and then transferred to the floor for another night. Doing better now but I had a lot of pain just after surgery. (Not sure morphine agrees with me.) Home now for a couple of days. trying to get my Water intake and starting on Protein shakes.... both are hard. I too have sleep apnea but had no issues in that area.

The most unexpected thing after surgery (besides the high BP): was the upper GI before they start you on Clear liquids. I thought it would be a scope... it was not. I stood infront of an xray and drank the worst tasting liquid I have ever had....

Best piece of advice: Walk walk walk... I think that helped me and still helps me as much as anything. I did this from day one in the ICU and still get in several walks.. 5-8 times back and forth in my house per day... today I plan to tackle the front steps when the kids get home from school. (I don't want to tackle 13 uneven stairs with no handrail when I am home alone.)

Worst mistake: licking a spoon with spicy mustard = diarrhea

Biggest achievement: Already had a lot of weight loss :)

Hey. I had surgery on 9/11 and am doing great now. Took about 8 days for me to feel back to my new normal. The great thing is I was taken off my diabetes meds in the hospital. That is a blessing in itself. I always have new questions, but find lots of help on the this site. If I can be of help to anyone as to what I am eating now, please feel free to message me or copy this post with a post of your own. Good Luck everyone!!!

I know! It's like we waited for soooo long for the days to pass and it's so close now! I getting really excited and a little nervous. I think I'm more nervous because I have to work until 6 hrs before my surgery (Wednesday morning YAY!), and there are still things I want done or need to do...and not enough time to do them now. (or not enough money). Plus I am having the last minute "food cravings"...but my Dr warned me not to due to the necessity for liver-shrinking to make the surgery easier and to have a better recovery. (But buffalo wings are definitely calling me lol)

Eacarpenter, is there anyway that you could give me the recipes your NUT gave you?

Sure Nurselori...just as soon as I figure out how to get them here...lol (3 pages)

Sure Nurselori...just as soon as I figure out how to get them here...lol (3 pages)

Thank you :)

Hi Friends,

My name is Joli. I had my RNY on 9/22/14. I am 6 days post op, and today I feel almost normal! I am walking about 1/2 mile per day, and boy does it help get the gas out! I'm drinking liquids but looking forward to the purée stage. I love cottage cheese and eggs!

I would love to be a part of this group. The support group out of the hospital I had surgery in meets twice per month and includes dietician, but more like a class than support. Sharing struggles and successes and day to day life is what I need also!

Hi Friends,

My name is Joli. I had my RNY on 9/22/14. I am 6 days post op, and today I feel almost normal! I am walking about 1/2 mile per day, and boy does it help get the gas out! I'm drinking liquids but looking forward to the purée stage. I love cottage cheese and eggs!

I would love to be a part of this group. The support group out of the hospital I had surgery in meets twice per month and includes dietician, but more like a class than support. Sharing struggles and successes and day to day life is what I need also!

We're glad to have you aboard!! Sounds like you're doing awesome...congrats!!!!!

I had my surgery on the 15th. :) I'd love to do the Disney half marathon with you, but I live in Washington state. I would be happy to keep in touch for support and encouragement. :)

Hi Beth,

I would love to,do the Disney half marathon. I can't run but I can walk. Were you looking for a running buddy or will you be walking? I live in the OC, so my only challenge would be to train for it. I'm up to 1/2 mile today! Sounds like an attainable goal.