Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pik, are you on a liquid diet yet?

Annette, wow, all the way to Richmond!! How long ago? Which kind?

Oh yes. I've been on it since July 2nd.

Edited by pik

Yep. I've been on it since July 2nd.

I am going to the one at INOVA Fair Oaks on 7/21. I have to figure out where in the building the meeting is! Here is the blurb from their web page:

--------------

Journey Together Support Group meets the third Monday of the month. Our experts give a presentation on a specific topic each month, followed by general discussion if time allows. Occasional guest speakers address special areas of interest such as plastic surgery.

We intend these support group meetings to be both informative and fun. Bring your outgrown clothes for our clothing exchange. Plan to socialize with new friends after the meeting.

All bariatric patients are welcome. Bring your support person, too.

When: Third Monday of each month, 6:30 to 8 p.m.

Where: Inova Fair Oaks Hospital campus, 3580 Joseph Siewick Drive, Fairfax, VA (the new building across from the hospital's main entrance).

Fee: Free

---------------

The Virginia Bariatric Surgery Center (the practice I used, Dr Fitzer) also has a group that meets at Reston Hospital the first Monday of each month but I'm not sure if that's strictly for patients of that practice.

I am going to the one at INOVA Fair Oaks on 7/21. I have to figure out where in the building the meeting is! Here is the blurb from their web page:

--------------

Journey Together Support Group meets the third Monday of the month. Our experts give a presentation on a specific topic each month, followed by general discussion if time allows. Occasional guest speakers address special areas of interest such as plastic surgery.

We intend these support group meetings to be both informative and fun. Bring your outgrown clothes for our clothing exchange. Plan to socialize with new friends after the meeting.

All bariatric patients are welcome. Bring your support person, too.

When: Third Monday of each month, 6:30 to 8 p.m.

Where: Inova Fair Oaks Hospital campus, 3580 Joseph Siewick Drive, Fairfax, VA (the new building across from the hospital's main entrance).

Fee: Free

---------------

The Virginia Bariatric Surgery Center (the practice I used, Dr Fitzer) also has a group that meets at Reston Hospital the first Monday of each month but I'm not sure if that's strictly for patients of that practice.

Is this through INOVA or your drs office? Do you know if you can just show up or if you have to register and what time it is? I don't think I can even drive by then. =(

Is this through INOVA or your drs office? Do you know if you can just show up or if you have to register and what time it is? I don't think I can even drive by then. =(

The flyer says it's for anyone. Pre-op, post-op, and family/friends regardless of where surgery was performed. It's in the conference room at the hospital. Just show up.

The flyer says it's for anyone. Pre-op, post-op, and family/friends regardless of where surgery was performed. It's in the conference room at the hospital. Just show up.

Thanks! I will see about it when I am there for my surgery but I don't know if I can make that one because I will not be able to drive yet.

Does anyone in the area use a local gym that they like and doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

I really want to start some kind of fitness routine after surgery.

Annette, wow, all the way to Richmond!! How long ago? Which kind?

I had the lapband done 3/1/2012. It was the best thing I ever did. Richmond isn't too bad. We don't have a mall or any good clothing stores here in Montross, so I use the days I travel to the lapband dr as a retail therapy trip lol.

Is there anyone here who goes to the gym? I would love to find one to join but I do not want to spend a terrible amount of money. I would also love a gym buddy!

Walking and the gym is so much easier with a friend!

I had the lapband done 3/1/2012. It was the best thing I ever did. Richmond isn't too bad. We don't have a mall or any good clothing stores here in Montross, so I use the days I travel to the lapband dr as a retail therapy trip lol.

That is an awesome idea, I use to live in Richmond, plenty of therapeutic ;) places there!

Is there anyone here who goes to the gym? I would love to find one to join but I do not want to spend a terrible amount of money. I would also love a gym buddy!

Walking and the gym is so much easier with a friend!

I hear Planetary Fitness is about $10 a month, I think there is another called Retro Fitness that is about $20.

I am planning to join the gym as soon as I get okayed.....but there are limited ones near me so, it'll cost at least $30 or $40 a month.

I live in Spotsylvania, va. I am six days post op. My doctor is dr. Halmi with Bluepoint. Hope all is going good with you!

I am in Fairfax County...Dr. Fitzer is doing my surgery on Aug 25th. It was originally set for July 28th, however my EKG is showing a blocked branch bundle so I need to see a cardiologist first.

I live in Gloucester Virginia, its past Richmond, but before Williamsburg.. I go to Riverside Wellness Center. It's the only full gym we have, they also have a few Anytime Fitness in the area, but my gym has a pool, hot tub, sauna ect, and since I volunteer at the hospital next door 1 day a week for 3 hours my membership is free and its only $22 a month for my husband and $20 a month for both my children combined! I just had plastic surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago so I haven't been at the gym since and I can't wait to go back!!