Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 27.... Nervous

im aug 25th im terrified and excited at the same time....

found out today that my surgery is august 25th! :D im excited and nervous all at the same time. im glad its not a long wait because im so happy to start my new life. ive got such a busy week ahead now. i start my pre op diet tomorrow. it kinda feels surreal like i cant believe ive gotten to this step! good luck to everyone! and congrats to the newly sleeved! :)

awesome thats my day tooooooo....

I am behind on checking in.

Congrats to the folks that are sleeved for the month of August. For those that are approcahing their time, keep up the good work with the pre-op. Our day is coming soon and then we can be on the loser's bench.

I am day 4 of my liver shrink diet. It is definitely easier today. The one thing that I was slacking on was the Water intake. This is why I was so darn hungry on Monday and Tuesday, lol. I make sure that I drink when I am not eating and it helps with staying full. I also notice that I go to the potty(can you tell I have little ones?) more often then before. I assume beause there's not food in my tummy. I am eating my salad and breadless burger as we speak. This will be my only real meal for the day. I will probably do a spinach Soup and Protein Shake around 2 or 3.Oh, and I also do my recumbent bike 6 days a week.

I hope that everyone is doing well.

So I am 9 days post-op and I'm doing way better than last week! I lost 13lbs my first week out and I'm now at 253lbs. So amazing! I'm on full liquids and I'm able to have Protein Shakes, SF applesauce, Greek yogurt, SF pudding and Jello and I've found some great Campbell's Soups with tons of flavor and I'm blending them smooth and eat about 2-3 oz. I'm about to go out of town on business and I'm worried about business meals because nobody knows I had the surgery. But all in all I'm getting used to this and liking the results that I've had thus far. Good Luck Sleever's!

Congrats Stacyfae! Please keep us posted.

This diet is torture. Today is my day off and wat do I do I cook a pot of oxtail and rice and Beans. Mmmmm!!! Is all I can say. I guess I will just sit and watch my husband and kids eat while I suck on my delicious Protein shake. Lol:-(

Girl, I am glad I was not there. That would have been torture for me as well. Did you have some ripe plantains with that?

I do all the cooking over here for my family and it is easier now. I still have to make sure that I do not graze though, lol.

I'm going on august 29th and I'm so excited. Good Luck to everyone

I'm scheduled for the 29th too!!

awesome thats my day tooooooo....

Its my day too ! YIPEEEEEEEEE

Hey All!!!

I am day 8 post opt from my revision from band to sleeve. I commend everyone who is going back to work so early, I just don't think I could do it. My pain is not bad, just my energy level is lacking. Today was the first day I have not need a nap to get through the day. Still have a few placed that are tender, and feel like I have a deep muscle stitch or something.

Got to start my pureed diet today. Very exciting, I had a boiled egg (food processed until mush) will FF mayo, little salt and pepper, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Took me about 20 min to eat it, but I was full and happy, LOL. For dinner I had canned chicken, with some broth, and then some mashed up avocado....yum. Excited about tomorrow. And wondering about what the scales will do with this added food. I tracked my calories, not really much more than my shakes, but we shall see in the morning.

Keep the faith all you on pre op liquid diet, this to shall pass, and YES it is worth it. Good luck to all who are schedule for next week, I know the nerves are kicking in, stay busy is all I can say. My house was very clean when it came time for me to go under. And very good luck and best wished to all of my now sleeve buddies, post and let us know how you are getting along.

Take care all,

Laura

Me too! We can be surgery buddies! How are you doing? I'm ok just nervous and most importantly excited!

I am ok. I am ready. I have the most oddball questions though, like bo issues and pregnancy and just the most random stuff.

Here I am day 2 post op. The first day was rough. Lots of nausea and vomiting/heaves. Kept giving me different meds to help with the nausea. This morning awoke feeling better (thank you morphine). Having some chicken broth and tea now. Have all ready drank a cup of Water. Hope to get the IV out soon. All goes well I'll be released this afternoon. Would have been smooth sailing if it weren't for feeling to sick. But I guess that happens some times. Just happy to be on the other side :-)

Edited by amazon

Hey All!!!

I am day 8 post opt from my revision from band to sleeve. I commend everyone who is going back to work so early, I just don't think I could do it. My pain is not bad, just my energy level is lacking. Today was the first day I have not need a nap to get through the day. Still have a few placed that are tender, and feel like I have a deep muscle stitch or something.

Got to start my pureed diet today. Very exciting, I had a boiled egg (food processed until mush) will FF mayo, little salt and pepper, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Took me about 20 min to eat it, but I was full and happy, LOL. For dinner I had canned chicken, with some broth, and then some mashed up avocado....yum. Excited about tomorrow. And wondering about what the scales will do with this added food. I tracked my calories, not really much more than my shakes, but we shall see in the morning.

Keep the faith all you on pre op liquid diet, this to shall pass, and YES it is worth it. Good luck to all who are schedule for next week, I know the nerves are kicking in, stay busy is all I can say. My house was very clean when it came time for me to go under. And very good luck and best wished to all of my now sleeve buddies, post and let us know how you are getting along.

Take care all,

Laura

Hey Laura. I am glad that everything is working out for you. A lot of us on here are due next week, YAY! Thanks for the encouragement and please post any helpful info on your journey.