Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weigh In- Favorite Protein Shakes?

I really like Muscle Milk, both powdered and pre made. The powder mixes with Water, which makes it very portable as you can get water just about anywhere and the pre made ones are available at a lot of convenience stores. For the powder I like the vanilla. For the pre made, I like the Vanilla and banana Creame

It really is a very personal taste. You should buy sample packets and try them. I ordered the unjury Protein sample pack and I can't wait to try the different ones. I did the same with the nectar, etc. Presurgery I bought some rice Protein Powder in a big container and HATED IT. I am going to try it again sometime when I am brave (it was bad but I am stuck with it). Do yourself a favor and try samples! Much smarter and cost effective.

Bariatric Advantage is awesome as far as I am concerned. They also carry a Protein Drink called nectar that is YUMMY.

Thank you all! I've ordered a few sample packs and have picked up several at the Vitamin Shoppe! :) I think I'm good- just need to get some unflavored to mix in with my broth. :)

Thanks again- you guys rock!

Bariatric Advantage has unflavored. Their customer service is AWESOME an the unflavored in Soup is undetectable yet 27 g of Protein and 6 g Fiber is awesome

I tried all of them that met the sugar/protein/calorie requirements both pre and post surgery.

Taste-wise, it was a tie between Muscle Milk Light and Premier Protein. However, with the Premier Protein, I am able to make it the full 6 hours until my next meal. With the Muscle Milk, I felt hungry again after 2 or 3 hours.

Up until March, the chocolate flavor was my favorite. However, now they seem to make the chocolate ones about 5x thicker, so it is a chore just to get it out of the carton. So my new fave is the strawberry Cream. vanilla is decent, but just not quite as good.

I am still pre op but I seem to like the Pure Protein Frosty chocolate 35 grm pre mixed one the best. I tend to mix it with a small amount of coconut Water and a spoonful of natutal Peanut Butter and blend smooth. I will be ordering the Unjury trial packs this week ..... my "plan" (fingers crossed) is to just use the unflavored in things post op ...... or the chicken Soup one. I am a salty more then sweet kind of girl and the thought of all those sweet shakes and bars kind of puts me off .... but as everyone says, who knows whati will like after surgery ..... :)

Edited by ChristyAZ

My favorite is Isopure Whey Vanilla powder.

I love the Muscle Milk powder also. They have many flavors to choose from include red velvet cake.

Has anyone tried the Isopure fruit flavored Protein drinks? How are they? They got mixed reviews on Amazon .

I have tried Isopure. I gagged trying to drink it, but then I diluted it in a jug of Water and was able to drink it. :)

Chike high Protein coffee. 20gr of protein. I make it w/water and crushed ice in the blender. It tastes just like a coffee frappe (shake) and has the equivalent of two espresso shots so I get my morning 'kick'. And, as a very happy bonus, I've been regular ever since I began using Chike three months ago. My Constipation problem is no more! :-)

Thanks Ashlee!

Anyone use Eas Carb Control shakes? Wasnt sure if they are recommended with 17g Protein. Im just getting prepared for the day I get on the losers bench. Ive used them before and love the taste.