Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost another 1.4 pounds......I'm convinced now that it's the Water and Protein Shakes tat did the trick

I got to 140 and it pretty much stopped. Down to 138 after 2 months. I think my body likes this weight. I am pretty thin at size 6, but not a skinny minnie size 0. I am very stable here 10 months out. guess I will just revise my uberthin fantasies. At 53 I don't look so bad ;)

Edited by NMJG

I have continued to lose. Down to 176.8 as of today. I am afraid to get hopeful that it will last.

I thought I'd follow up to say that my surgeon basically kicked my butt during my appointment. Listing off all the things I'm obviously doing wrong, etc etc. It was painful. But once I got over my hurt feelings and had a little pity party of one, I got back on track on Friday and today. Tracked my stats closely and added exercise, and my weight is down in just 2 days. This was just the shot in the arm that I needed to break out of the doldrums and start working my plan once again, with purpose. The last thing I want to do is waste this awesome opportunity!

Hi it's been interesting to read all your comments, experience and suggestions and I'm only 3 months post op and only down 33 pounds. I seem to have stalled already. I've also recently started replacing meals with the Lighterlife milkshakes and if I eat anything I'm just sticking to chicken and turkey. I was just walking and gardening for exercise but have bought an exercise machine which I'll put together tomorrow and been swimming today. I think it must be not varying and doing enough cardio exercise. I'm varying my calorie intake between 500 to 800 calories a day and if I have a bad day I allow myself to go up as high as 1200 but never more than that. Think I need to stop that though and stick to under 800.

I find it interesting that some of you say your only just starting to crave food as I haven't really stopped. Ok so post op for about 2 weeks I could barely sip Water and found eating really hard. Since then, I miss food so much and when I see chocolate or smell bread and home cooked food my mouth waters and I wish I could eat it all lol. I know I can't but it doesn't stop my head obsessing over food.

My craving has not stopped either. I really crave carbs. So i avoid at all cost.

Hi all. I have lost 35 pounds in 10 weeks. It has been very difficult to get all of my Protein in which I know is the reason for the slower weight loss (don't get me wrong, I'm happy with any weight loss). Like Olarance, when I eat dense protein I get full quickly. So I've decided to do 2 Protein Shakes a day to get in my protein requirements. That way any other protein I am able to do during the day would be extra. I have not been able to eat more than 900 calories a day. Any more than that and I feel like I'm going to pop. So hopefully by increasing our protein, Water and exercise we can get to our goal weights. Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone,

I gained 1.4 pounds so now am at 178.2. I started my menes so I'm praying to the weight loss gods that it's just Water retention. Please no more stalls

Hi it's been interesting to read all your comments, experience and suggestions and I'm only 3 months post op and only down 33 pounds. I seem to have stalled already. I've also recently started replacing meals with the Lighterlife milkshakes and if I eat anything I'm just sticking to chicken and turkey. I was just walking and gardening for exercise but have bought an exercise machine which I'll put together tomorrow and been swimming today. I think it must be not varying and doing enough cardio exercise. I'm varying my calorie intake between 500 to 800 calories a day and if I have a bad day I allow myself to go up as high as 1200 but never more than that. Think I need to stop that though and stick to under 800. <br> I find it interesting that some of you say your only just starting to crave food as I haven't really stopped. Ok so post op for about 2 weeks I could barely sip Water and found eating really hard. Since then, I miss food so much and when I see chocolate or smell bread and home cooked food my mouth waters and I wish I could eat it all lol. I know I can't but it doesn't stop my head obsessing over food.

I hear you! I'm 11weeks and I've lost 34lb. I'm eating chocolate so I know it is my fault. I'm going to up Protein again and I've slackened off water. Your story is so similar to mine. Slower loss advantage is less excess skin I guess :/