Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a slow loser as well. Down 14lbs. Am hungry on and off during the day. I feel like I can eat more than most here and I don't know why. I can eat almost a whole container of Dannon light greek yogurt. If I can't finish the whole container, I wait an hour and polish it off. Getting enough Protein, but not drinking enough Water which I assume is the problem.

I'm in the EXACT same boat! I'm down 14lbs and a little depressed about being a slow loser. I know I didn't gain it all in 3 weeks, but it's defeating reading the post that say 'lost 25lbs in my first week!!' I'm also hungry on and off throughout the day. I also have been eating more normal foods like scrambled egg whites and purred chicken salad (made with non fat Greek yogurt and curry powder yummmm). Maybe that's the problem? I'm still drinking my protein and eating yogurt for lunch but I'm trying to have a variety of things for my 'dinner'. I'm just gonna keep plugging away.

Hello everyone! New here. I was sleeved May 22, today is excactly 3 weeks. I am down 30 lbs since my two week liquid pre surgery diet. I am at a stall now and it sucks. I also am expecting my period so I want to eat everything. I cannot wait to start eating something not pureed already!!! Just tired of feeling so tired and also feeling kinda depressed, breaking up with food is hard.

@@MayDaisy, @@shanbnan, welcome :)

Edited by pjpanda

I had my sleeve done on 5/19. When I started my two week pre-op diet I was 304, went in to surgery at 294 and today I am at 283. Part of me feels like I'm not losing fast enough. It seems like a lot of people have lost more in the amount of time. When I saw the doctor last week, he didn't mention that the weight loss was too slow so I guess I'm fine. I know that once I'm back at work where I'm active all day it will come off a little faster.

No trouble getting Protein in (get about 55-65 on average a day), but still struggling with Water, I used to be a "chugger" and so it is tough to just sip all day.

Hey all. I think when we notice variations, we really shouldn't beat ourselves over it. I was able to go back to working, walking and hanging out fast by some people's standards, which helped. I also think the fact that my doctor only had me on liquids the morning after surgery and then straight to puree/soft foods helped ME. I am not trying to say what others should do or what is best, just what helped ME. I felt full and I had energy. I notice when I eat broth, well, I just think the calories add up because I can get so much more down.

We all heal differently and have different levels we are at. It's going to come off. :)

Somebody noticed today for the first time that I have lost weight!

I see that eventually that gets annoying from the posts, but I'm nowhere near that being annoying. She casually said, I see you lost weight. She asked me how (I think it was genuine as she is trying to lose weight). I said I track all of my food and exercise more....hey, I do. :D

Then she asked a question I consider rude, how much have you lost. I just replied that I stay away from scales at this stage and go by my clothes. I'm surprised by that question. I would never ask someone that....

I was sleeved May 21st and had my first post op visit with the surgeon today and am down 22 pounds. Going from the 2 week post liquid diet to mushy food was hard for me. I had acid reflux with any bite of mushy food but now on Prilosec which seems to be helping and can now eat more than one bite at a sitting :)

I'm very excited for this journey and have fears of not being successful as I'm sure have passed through everyone's mind once or twice but I remain positive and hope the weight keeps coming off as it has so far.

Had my Surgery May 19 as well. Down 29 pounds at last appointment on 6/2/14. I have a very unreliable scale at home and it seems like I may be in a stall since then. I'm hoping its just the scale. Hahaha. Eating pureed foods. SO SICK of Protein shakes! Sticking to greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and refried Beans. I also found these frozen greek yogurt bars calld "YASSO" bars. There are so great and like 8 or 10g of Protein.

It was fun going back to work and having people notice the loss. Its mostly in my face, neck, and stomach. Everyone knows I had the surgery because I just figured if they are my friends they won't judge me, and if they judge me, they AREN'T my friends and I don't care what they think!

Keep up the good work everyone! Breaking up with food IS hard but so worth it!

I also found these frozen greek yogurt bars calld "YASSO" bars. There are so great and like 8 or 10g of Protein.

I'll have to fine those, I need to get more Protein in but literally nothing sounds good.

week 4: how is everyone? I'm a bit nauseous and having trouble keeping things down.. Seem to have also hit my first stall but also could be due to my TOM being due any day now.

I was sleeved May 20. Started at 247 and I am at 219 now at exactly 4 weeks out....but.....I'm miserable! I can't keep any (have bought 8 different kinds) Vitamins down....they just come right back up or I spend an hour trying to keep it down to only fail!! I also can't tolerate and Protein drinks so I'm NOT getting enough Protein and I still can't seem to get anywhere close to 64 oz of liquids :(

I'm exhausted all the time and I think it is because I don't eat....

Suggestions on things to eat would be great....and help on the Vitamins would be a life saver!

Whew! I thought it was only me! I was sleeved on May 20th. I weighs 276 on my day of surgery and have been at 266 since Thursday (almost a week). I know, I know-I need to hide that damn scale and stop weighing myself. I just keep thinking...4 oz Protein Drink for Breakfast, another 4 oz for snack, 4 oz of nonfat Greek yogurt for lunch, and 4 oz of a 'tuna melt' without the bread for dinner....how am I not losing?! I used to eat over 2000 calories a day and was stable. I know everyone goes through this, it just feels defeating.<br><br> I also had a hernia repair. For the first 10 days I had a lot of pain right in the center of my chest...this has died down thank god. I can usually get 3-4 tiny bites in and then it starts to hurt. I'm sure I'm eating too fast, but gosh does that hurt! So then I stop, because it's so uncomfortable.<br><br> This might also be weird but right next to my belly button, right below my one incision I have a lot of pain-like a pulled muscle. It hurts most when I have jeans on because my jeans sit there. It even hurts when I bend down sometimes. It's not constant, but it's annoying. <br><br> I'm getting about 50 oz of Water and 50 oz of Protein a day. I'm working on it lol. Best of luck to everyone!

Wow. Our paths are similar! Sleeved on 5/14/14. HW: 235. SW: 217. Today 197. Been 197-198 for two weeks! Tried to go back to work last week and made it through my shift. Drove home in tears from pain at main incision site. Surgeon said there's lots of deep sutures there. It will feel better to wear something for support like an abdominal binder or Spanx. Lol. I'm up to 64 oz water and 50-70 grams protein = about 800 cal a day and yet I'm still at a stall. Any advice?

Does anyone have pain on there right side??<br><br><br> I get like a burning pain when ever I move on that side<br><br> I was sleeve may 19[/quote

I have that too. Went to see my surgeon about it. He thinks it may be my gallbladder having a fit adjusting to the sudden rapid weight loss. I'm taking Actigall twice a day to help support my gallbladder through these first six months

Week four and I can't believe how quick it came. I don't weigh myself more than once a week and not when I have a doc's appointment, which I do this week. So, we'll see how that is, but I think things are moving along as expected. I can't eat much besides cheese and turkey deli meat with no discomfort. Other things lead to awkward feelings in the stomach esophagus region.

I get my walks in everyday to every other day. With the recent heat, it tends to be a nightly event or super early in the morning.

Socially, I'm struggling. Everything involves alcohol and food...I usually just sip Water but that is getting old! I'm looking forward to eating regular foods (small portions of course) b/c I've started to avoid events and that's not my personality!