Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would love to be added to the June sleevers fb.

Sleeved 6/29/14

mrsbshe@ Hotmail.com

Edited by mrsbshe

Kacee - My Protein Shakes consist of whey Protein and unsweetened frozen berries and soy milk. When I blend them altogether they are delicious.

Hello

I was sleeved June 13. I have been doing ok until this week. I can't eat hardly anything let alone get enough Protein. I am in the mushy stage. What brought me joy (eating) in the past now gives me anxiety. I can't imagine going out to eat with friends when I am uncomfortable eating with my family. . I still find myself pouring a glass of Water with meals out of habit only to remember I can't drink with meals. My pathology report showed I have H.pylori which is a common stomach bacteria. I am not sure if treating it now is a good idea since I have such a weak stomach and can't imagine taking antibiotics. I have difficulty taking my meds already. Anyone have any of these issues?

I had my surgery June 9th. As of this morning I am down 56 lbs total. I can eat just about anything except fresh fruits, raw veggies, dense/tough meats (steak, brisket, pork chops) Pasta and thick bread. Everything else goes down super easy. It's weird how I can tell when i am full. I've put bites of food in my mouth and have had to spit them out because I can tell if I swallow it that it will be too much. As far as liquids and Protein. I haven't really had to drink much protein in order to get it all in. I only have room for a few bites of meat before I'm full and that's fine with me. If you have trouble getting your protein in I highly suggest the protein bullets that you can get at Walmart or GNC, they taste pretty awful. But 3 swigs and you've got 42 grams of protein. I love Water and unsweetened iced tea is growing on me the more I drink it. I can hardly stand sweetened tea anymore. So liquids aren't an issue. Can't wait until we have before and after photos in a couple months of everyone!

Hello

I was sleeved June 13. I have been doing ok until this week. I can't eat hardly anything let alone get enough Protein. I am in the mushy stage. What brought me joy (eating) in the past now gives me anxiety. I can't imagine going out to eat with friends when I am uncomfortable eating with my family. . I still find myself pouring a glass of Water with meals out of habit only to remember I can't drink with meals. My pathology report showed I have H.pylori which is a common stomach bacteria. I am not sure if treating it now is a good idea since I have such a weak stomach and can't imagine taking antibiotics. I have difficulty taking my meds already. Anyone have any of these issues?

My surgery was June 9th. I've felt great since then until about two weeks ago. It seemed like everything I ate or drank made me feel "blech". Everything felt stuck, my mood was down, I started missing being able to drink a big glass of Water or eat food without being done after three bites. I felt like poo for about a week and a half.

I backed off some of the more dense foods I was trying to eat and kinda hit the RESET button in my head. I know that these first several months are all about transitioning into a new way of behaving with food. I know that my tummy is still healing and it's normal to feel crappy occasionally. Hang in there...I think it is very normal to have a dip in mood and physical healing around this post-op stage.

I am six weeks post-op and feel great for the most part. When I started on soft food around week 4 I started feeling sick and uncomfortable after eating and for the rest of the day. My nut said to listen to my body in terms of progressing my diet. I ended up backing off trying to eat more chewable foods and am learning what I can handle and what is too heavy. I am still getting most of my Protein through the shakes or hot chocolate drinks and the soft Protein Bars. The foods that I am loving the most are scrambled eggs and imitation crab meat. Those are the foods that I can eat more than three bites of and not feel overly full afterward.

Like Sunrise07214, I have been learning what my last bite feels like. There have been several times I've had to spit the last bite out because one more would be too many. It takes a lot of awareness to catch that last bite. I have eaten too quickly and found that the last bite should have been the one or two previous bites. As a result I have to stretch out and wait for the food to go down. Ugh...it's not a good feeling.

My scars are healing beautifully. I am not constipated but am only having a BM once-twice per week. My nut says it's normal and as long as they are not difficult or painful to pass, the number per week is fine at this stage. I do get tired in the late afternoon and can tell that my hydration level directly affects my late day energy levels....so I'm trying to increase my Fluid amount.

Water is all I've ever drank. Ever. No pop, juice, coffee, tea. Now Water seems to hurt my stomach...it feels heavy and dense. It took me a few weeks to catch on that I wasn't drinking enough because water always made me feel like there was a balloon in my sleeve. I've switched to diluted juice and problem solved.

I've been weighing myself but honesty, I don't keep track and don't much care about the number on the scale. I think I've lost over 25 pounds. My last doc appointment he told me I've lost 40% of my excess weight!! I've gone down almost two pant sizes!! Those are the numbers I am concerned about and very happy with.

Overall I've had a few down times but the overwhelming majority of my experience thus far has been positive and empowering. I am happy that I made this decision.

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks for me. I am on purees for another 10 days. It is definitely getting boring and I am a vegetarian so that makes it even more restrictive. Lots of Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, ricotta. I still need 2 shakes a day to meet my Protein goal. I have noticed that I am able to handle slightly thicker textures now- still no big or solid chunks but I have "graduated" from baby food applesauce to regular applesauce!

I was sleeved on June 19th, so I am just starting on the "soft foods" portion of the diet. I quickly discovered what others seem to have noted - dry/solid foods get "stuck" and do not work well. A nurse at the surgeon's office (who had a bypass awhile ago recommended chili, stews, i.e. meals with lots of moisture/liquid content. In thinking about it, it makes sense, as you help "lubricate" the food you take in and make it easier to flow through the constricted spaces that now pass for a stomach!

[sharedmedia=trackers:tickers:17205]

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks for me. I am on purees for another 10 days. It is definitely getting boring and I am a vegetarian so that makes it even more restrictive. Lots of Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, ricotta. I still need 2 shakes a day to meet my Protein goal. I have noticed that I am able to handle slightly thicker textures now- still no big or solid chunks but I have "graduated" from baby food applesauce to regular applesauce!

Tiredmama-we have same date. Have you pureed a hamburger pattie? I thought it would be gross, but added mustard and ketchup and it was actually good. Thinned it out with a little broth. I did chicken too-didn't like it as much. Do you like hot & sour Soup? I pureed that too...