Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You're so vain...

@@BellaHugz - then you must not follow me on Facebook or Instagram? Haha :) The general idea in this thread is just that and I totally agree with what @@B-52 said, as a very large woman I tried to pretend like it was okay and I felt fine being that large but the truth of it for me was that I really didn't deep down inside. It's okay to come out of our coccoons and enjoy the beautiful butterflies we have all or will become!

@@thesuse2000 - Great post! There are so many reasons to do it, and yes one of them surely is to look better. :)

Hi I read on your facebook you are having a revision. When is that? I am roux n y this Thursday :)

Edited by stacy97006

I don't know that narcissism is quite the right term to use because it implies that it's an obsession and I don't think most of us are obsessed..I think it's more an awareness that we are improving in the looks department as we lose the weight regardless of the reason why. That in turn makes us want to further improve by making ourselves now more attractive and that's why we are now wearing makeup again, getting haircuts, buying prettier clothing, etc..

Yes. This.

@@BellaHugz - then you must not follow me on Facebook or Instagram? Haha :) The general idea in this thread is just that and I totally agree with what @@B-52 said, as a very large woman I tried to pretend like it was okay and I felt fine being that large but the truth of it for me was that I really didn't deep down inside. It's okay to come out of our coccoons and enjoy the beautiful butterflies we have all or will become!

@@thesuse2000 - Great post! There are so many reasons to do it, and yes one of them surely is to look better. :)

This is why I chose my username: I look forward to coming out of my cocoon and being beautiful :) I've always been beautiful to my partners (at least that's what they tell me), and I will say that the largest part of wanting the surgery is wanting to be fit enough to keep up with them (they're both very fit and active, and whenever we walk or bike together, I always feel like I'm holding them back).

But there's a part of me too that really wants to look more attractive. Last year, I noticed a lot when I was doing volunteer work with my bf: there were a lot of younger, attractive girls that volunteered at the same place that flirted with him a lot, and you could see the look on their face...the "What's he doing with someone who looks like that." (my bf, fortunately, is completely oblivious to most of it, and very reassuring to me when I get insecure. But all the reassurance in the world doesn't help when I'm twice his size and see the looks thrown at me constantly) I know he's perfectly happy with how I look now, but he wants me to be happy. If this makes me happy, then he's good with it :)

Stacy, yes my insurance approved my revision! I'm so thankful I did not want to have to fight it, I'm very sick and I just want to start feeling better again. It's on July 9th. :)

@@BellaHugz no worries I know you meant well :) I guess I worry too much about wanting everyone to feel good about who they are! I've been through it since a tiny child and today I love me... everyone deserves happiness in theirselves. ;)

I had health issues but, I wanted to look better also. It is not wrong to want to improve your appearance. I have enjoyed shopping for regular size clothes and even when I was bigger I always had my nails and hair done. so if that is vain oh well. I have regained my health and my looks because of my band. I love my band and hope I stay healthy and happy for many years to come.

I'll admit it. I did this for me to look better. I'm still young, 26 yrs old, and had zero health problems. Perfect BP, cholesterol, everything.. I was just fat. I've always gotten, you've got a pretty face, but I wanted to just be PRETTY, without having to name the part of me thats pretty.

I wasnt happy with who i was, and didnt want to spend my life putting off pictures and parties because i didnt like the way i looked. I'm okay with that. :)

I agree with everyone statement above you want to be healthy and at the same time beautiful, it is amazing how better you feel after having your surgery it is like the true you has emerge. I am 15 days post opt and have lost 26 pounds I am looking forward to having a collar bone again , I want my beautiful face to match my beautiful body. Congrats to everyone who has made the choice to be healthy and if your underline beauty comes out , you have earned it.

I want to start by saying I no longer have high BP, high cholesterol, uncontrolled Type I diabetes, or sleep apnea. I did do this for my health, and so glad I had the support of a large team of doctors.

That being said, I love being told how thin I have become, and how nice I look. Yes, Carly Simon I have 1 eye on the mirror as I watch myself walk by...It is so fun to shop for size medium and size 10. Not gonna lie. Some call it narcissistic. I call it proud! :)

I'll admit it one of the main reasons I had this surgery was to look better! When you look better you feel better and like someone else stated, mental health and how you perceive yourself is just as important as physical health. I love being able to take life as it comes now and not have to worry about what others will think of me.

This past weekend we went to a bbq with some of my husbands friends and co-workers, I only knew 2 people and for the first time in years I wasn't self concious about how I looked. I wasn't embarressed for my husband to introduce me as his wife, I walked in with my head held high, made conversation with everyone and was very social and was able to be my fun self. The best part....my husband told me damn my wife is hot and how proud he is of me.....this made me feel like a million bucks:-)

It's true that the initial moving factor in getting this surgery for me was the fact that my insurance covers it. Second would be that I am over 40, and everything they say happens after 40 does, health wise I feel old, and am pre- all the bad health things that happen to obese people. But number three is definitely appearance, My husband and I have been married 17 years. We never had the big wedding. I have been mentally planning a vow renewal for our 20th, and I really don't want to buy a plus sized wedding dress. I want to wear a beautiful, tight, sexy dress. So I am doing this so I can look better too.

Yes, so I hear it all the time, "I'm having this surgery because I want to lose weight and gain my health back"... but what I really want to know is, where is that person inside you that is doing it so you can be more attractive? I won't lie, I hated being fat. I did not feel pretty and I do feel a million times better being smaller. I even float across the floor better if that makes sense. I fit my clothes better, I can find a lot cuter clothes and I like shopping and doing make-up. They don't call me "diva" for nothing. I like taking pictures and I like having pretty hair and nails and lots of bright outfits. I love it when my husband tells me I'm beautiful. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with that, because on the inside I am kind, considerate and loving. I will never berate anyone and will always put my hand out to help anyone up, without question.

When it comes down to it, it will always be how you treat yourself as well as others, and sometimes looking our best helps us feel better about treating others and ourselves better. As long as you have a good heart and always remain respectful then who cares if you like to look good.

Anyone else out there willing to admit they have a bit of a narcissistic side?

:P

i truly wanted this surgery to walk (i could hardly walk and was having issues reaching around the grand canyon with my short arms).......and then as the weight started to come off and i was able to wear tight jeans, low cut tops and my high heels again, it was about me looking better because i was feeling better and sexier.....just this past weekend, we had a biker bday party, i wore a black lace top and a red bra and hub said oh no your not and i said oh yes i am.....

confidence oozes sexy........and if you feel pretty, it makes a world of difference......vain, who cares

i wasted 3 yrs being obese....now i am just living ♥

I can't lie, I am mainly doing this for my looks. I'm healthy otherwise, so I'm what I call myself cosmetically obese. I know I have a crap road ahead of me if something didn't give Healthwise, but basically I want to look like the Hottie McHotterson that I feel like inside.

I can't lie, I am mainly doing this for my looks. I'm healthy otherwise, so I'm what I call myself cosmetically obese. I know I have a crap road ahead of me if something didn't give Healthwise, but basically I want to look like the Hottie McHotterson that I feel like inside.

You know what? perfect!

????I so can relate to this I'm 22 was going to get it at 19 but waited till now I just want to start my life I feel ugly everyday unattractive etc and in a world were looks are everything it's hard to find someone who likes you for being the fat girl