Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Excited! My sleve journey.

Back Story: When I was ten, I was put on medication that I ended up going toxic on and it almost totally killed my metabolism and my weight shot up to over 120 - before then I was maybe 45 lbs (very short and petite). Since then I've steadily put on weight

In 2010 I decided to try and control my weight through various diets and exercise - never losing more then 10lbs through out each before stalling and gaining the 10 lbs back. Since 2010 I've weighed between 230 -240 mostly at the high end.

fast forward to late December of 2013 when mom heard about a bariatric seminar being held at a local hospital and encourage me and my dad to go check it out and see if it was all about and if it was a good fit for us or not. Dad and I went to the seminar and got the info. Ultimately dad decided against it and I was unsure and needed a little time to think on it.

January of 2014, I decided to make the year about getting healthy and made the decision to pursue WLS. I made an appointment and the doctor and I decided on the Sleeve and I started the process. weighed 240.

Early April 2014 I submitted for insurance approval and received it. then the rest of April and beginning of may was the second stage of pre-op appointments - blood work, cardiac clearance, x-rays e.t.c.

May 21st, 2014 (the day my life changed) I was sleeved at 2:30 pm. Don't remember anything past the anesthesiologist giving me a shot of what he called "happy juice". I briefly remember waking up and being told I was in my patient room and would I like the nurse to let my mom know the room number (she had to work and couldn't stay at the hospital during the surgery).

post discharge: so far, the beginning was rough, I couldn't really keep anything down and was dry heaving every time I took my pain meds. called the surgeon and he prescribed a steroid to reduce swelling which help me get fluids in but didn't stop the dry heaving. I figured out a day later that the pain meds themselves were making me nauseated and switched to Tylenol which wouldn't. I have been totally off Tylenol since may 25th.

Today I scheduled an appointment at the PCP's office (primary care Physician ) and they let me weigh myself while I was there. Today's weight: 229!!!!

Exciting! That will help get you through the unpleasantness in the beginning! Good luck!

You are on your way! Congratulations and best wishes to you!

That is so great!

Are you with Kaiser?

Which location were you seen at?

That was a really quick process from 1st appointment to surgery. That makes me hopeful.

That is so great!

Are you with Kaiser?

Which location were you seen at?

That was a really quick process from 1st appointment to surgery. That makes me hopeful.

Not with Kaiser, I have BCBS of AZ, and I had my surgery at Tucson Medical Center through Tucson Barriatrics.

Update: Now DOUBLE the loss I was able to do without my sleeve. It truly was one of the best decisions of my life.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches