Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What fitness related EVENT are you training/preparing for?

@missysue What a GREAT JOB!!! I signed up for a Muck Fest next June and then started thinking "what the heck have I done???" It has obstacles to climb over and shimmy under... not sure I'm ready for that but by next June, maybe. Just wish I had someone interested in doing it with me... It's really a team event.

My costume fun run (5k) is Sunday... I'm running with my 11 year old special olympics friend. I'm dressing as Robin and he's going to be Sponge Bob dressed as Batman! :) http://www.active.com/hamilton-nj/running/distance-running-races/spooky-tails-and-trails-5k-1-2-mile-kid-s-run-and-2-mile-walk-2014?fb_action_ids=10152737315828680&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=confirmation

Our goal for this one is to have FUN!

Then the next Saturday is a run for Big Brothers / Big Sisters of Mercer County -- goal for that one is to run the entire thing. http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1114341&lis=0&kntae1114341=8B69E3D8F5314AE793D3D6432D1DF092&supid=410807458

Pic crossing the finish line after running/walking Parkinson's 5K https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152771688438680&l=33dc77a121

Funny how we psych ourselves out... on the last 5k I ran and these coming up, I put in for a large t-shirt because I didn't want it being tight. I've contacted the organizers for both of these now and changed to a medium t-shirt. Why can't we see ourselves for what we are?

Edited by Ginger Snaps

Ran the Turkey trot 5k today in Erie! Finished in 27 min 8 sec. Shaved almost 2 min off my last time. Didn't feel so bad eating a bigger dinner

Jingle Bell 5K next Saturday! I'm not ready but gonna do it anyway.

Training for a 50k in February and a 50 miler in April. I'd love to hear from anyone about how they are fueling endurance events. Love to see people so excited about fitness. It's fantastic what the body can do.

Registered for the Alton, IL Half Marathon again next year on March 21st 2015. I ran this one this past March as my first HM, and would love to be able to sneak in under 2:00 this time.

I'm also planning on running the St. Louis Rock N Roll Marathon in Oct of 2015. That'll be my first full...YIKES!

Not a race, but I'm scheduled for the Bel Air, MD WalkMS 5k on 4/19/15. I do these every year, but this time I won't finish last! :)

So so wonderful to see everyone getting out there and giving exercising a shot! Keep on posting gang!

Setting up my race calendar for 2015! Goal is a 10k or longer race every month. Top contenders now are....

Ragnar relay socal

Catalina Island sprint triathlon

Goleta or Malibu beach triathlon

Catalina Island Eco half marathon

Spooners cove 7 mile trail run

Santa Barbara International half marathon

Las Vegas rock n roll half marathon

Two local half marathons and our local sprint triathlon

Trying to decide if I'm up to training for a FULL marathon next year! Eyeing the Ojai to Ventura "mountains to the sea" marathon! Or the half if I'm not up to the full. Anyone done a full????

Love this thread. I am in awe with the fitness levels I see here

Christmas 10K on Dec 20th

The run that I'm most looking forward to is race for the cure in memory of my mother may 2015

Completed 1st Spartan Race in November - Will complete the trifecta (6 mi, 10 mi and 15 mi) this year. Also will do other obstacle runs and 5-10ks

IMG 6412

2 mile fun run this Saturday evening. I'm definitely going to push for speed in this one. I've yet to really push myself and don't know how fast I'm capable of going per mile..

The run is going to be in New Orleans' City Park, and afterwards Celebration in the Oaks (light display gardens & park) will open early and exclusively for runners. Then hubby and I will head to the lakefront to watch the Christmas boat parade. ^_^

I'm contemplating a 9K January 4th. My longest ever race was 4 miles, so that'd be a biggy for me.

Setting up my race calendar for 2015! Goal is a 10k or longer race every month. Top contenders now are....

Ragnar relay socal

Catalina Island sprint triathlon

Goleta or Malibu beach triathlon

Catalina Island Eco half marathon

Spooners cove 7 mile trail run

Santa Barbara International half marathon

Las Vegas rock n roll half marathon

Two local half marathons and our local sprint triathlon

Trying to decide if I'm up to training for a FULL marathon next year! Eyeing the Ojai to Ventura "mountains to the sea" marathon! Or the half if I'm not up to the full. Anyone done a full????

Loving the race calendar!! I get so excited about building mine for the past two years! I've done 7 fulls. They get easier the more you do them. I went a little crazy and completed six this year. Mountains to beach is on wish list as well. :) I noticed you have spooners cove. Brazen race, right? I love brazen races. In fact I'm running the NYE half on the 27th!

Loving the race calendar!! I get so excited about building mine for the past two years! I've done 7 fulls. They get easier the more you do them. I went a little crazy and completed six this year. Mountains to beach is on wish list as well. :) I noticed you have spooners cove. Brazen race, right? I love brazen races. In fact I'm running the NYE half on the 27th!

Wow! Six marathons in a year! Color me impressed! Spooners Cove is part of the Coastal Trail Runs series but just l looked up Brazen and am very intrigued! I figure for a first marathon the mountains to the beach would be do able LOL!

Edited by jess9395

Wow! Six marathons in a year! Color me impressed! Spooners Cove is part of the Coastal Trail Runs series but just l looked up Brazen and am very intrigued! I figure for a first marathon the mountains to the beach would be do able LOL!

I've been looking for trail races to mix into my training. I've looked at coastal trail runs, but I haven't done one yet. I mixed them up. Yes, definitely check out Brazen. Fantastic organization. Can't say too many good things about them, they put on excellent races for sure! I did their ultra trail half series in 2013. Super intense but worth the coaster! Lol. As for mountains to beach- that would be a good first, although I'm partial to CIM. :) that was my first. Great race, but there are some rolling hills even though the race is a net downhill. I'm doing Redding in January as a training run and I'm running Big Sur in April. So excited that I was able to get in. 2015 is going to be a great running year.