Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What fitness related EVENT are you training/preparing for?

As for what event I am training for : America Ninja Warrior. It is one of my favorite shows to watch and want to be doing the course one day, maybe a few years down the road. They are amazing athletes. There isn't anything that says we cannot do it also!

Fiddleman that is awesome! That's my sons favorite show.

I am 5 days post op but I am signed ip for the Diva Dash in September and a Sparta Race on my 40th bday in Boston Fenway.

Competed in the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games this past Saturday and had a blast! It has been a long time (couple years) since I've thrown in any Scottish highland games, but pretty well satisfied....finished middle of the pack.

I'll start training next month. Just signed up for this race to raise $ to help end human trafficking.

Event name- Run for Courage

Date- Sept 27, 2014

Location- Folsom, Ca

If anyone wants to donate or volunteer: www.runforcourage.org.

Summer Sizzler 10K this morning.

My first 1st place age group (40-49 y/o) medal.

I think all the fast runners must have slept in today.

post-56581-0-66472200-1405810131_thumb.jpg

<p>Summer Sizzler 10K this morning.</p> <p>My first 1st place age group (40-49 y/o) medal.</p> <p>I think all the fast runners must have slept in today.</p> <p> </p> <p></p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p>

Yay!!! You rock!

Next goal is the NYC marathon in November. I've done several half marathons, but this will be my first full. Surgery 2 years ago and down 100 lbs! Let's see what happens ;)

My goal back in January was to run five 5k races before December. I have run three so far. I am also going zip-lining in August, and sky-diving in September.

I don't have an event yet, but I would love to do a pineapple Classic!! Also, I miss playing ice hockey!!!

I just signed up for my first 5k!!! August 8th- A local color run. I will walk/run it as I just started working out this weekend. I'm 6 weeks post op.

Also signed up with a friend for warrior dash in Illinois June '15! 10 months should be plenty of time to prepare. :) I'm sooooo excited to do it!

My hospital does a Walk From Obesity to raise money for the Obesity Action Coalition. It's in October and includes a 2K run/walk and a 1K walk. I'm going to train to run it. I'm hoping to find a 5K to do in there before then as I think I could build up to run one by the end of August or early September. 2K is not that far!

I'm training for the Dirty Girl Mud Run 5K in Baltimore in August, at the moment! It'll be my first 5K ever so I'm super excited!! I've been working with the C25K training app and I love it!

I averaged less than 12 minutes a mile this morning... Considering this time last year, I took 25 minutes to walk a mile, I'm pretty flipping happy... I jogged/walked 2.8 miles in 30 minutes. Yay me! 5K, I'm coming for you!‪#‎bringonthemudrun‬ ‪#‎nowIneedtoworkonthesenoodlearms‬

I have my first run this Saturday. I'm getting pretty freaking excited. Me excited about running?? It's wild.

2 mi. run/walk along the MS River levee. It's an evening event, as there's no way I'll try a Louisiana summer event during the day. Maybe next year.. My measure of success is simply to jog the whole two miles taking the shortest walk breaks as I possibly can. According to my C25K app schedule, I'll be up to jogging 22 mins straight on Saturday.

I'm averaging just under 16 mins a mile. We'll see if I can do better...

I averaged less than 12 minutes a mile this morning...

Holy cow, that's fast! My 16mins/mile speed with C25K includes 10 mins of walking, but still. Great job!!