Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Paying $325.00 per fill, too much?

My first 6 fills/unfills are free (Well, it was part of the 'package' for self-pays)

So I'm crossing my fingers that I get my sweet spot in 6 tries or less.

Big spin, no whammy!!!

I called my doctor yesterday and spoke to the business office. When I began the process with the physician, I never thought about the cost of fills. she said they learned that if done in the doctor's office, Anthem will approve it. So, that made me happy. I will probably have my office copay, which is $30 or less. that is fine with me!

Janine

When I got my band I had 4 fills covered under my insurance with no co-pay. I moved out of state and changed insurance and now have to pay 500.00 out of pocket. ( was 300.00 but they went up ). I have a Carecredit card that I use just for medical stuff ( thank god! ).

for anyone in arizona, I have a lady nurse that has an office in mesa and charges only $100. she will take patients from any doctor. I have talked to many of her patients and they all say great things about her. if you would like more info let me know. I will be banded the 25th of this month, so I havnt tryed her yet, but plan to.

I was banded about 2 years ago. I had a few fills in miami from a quack of a dr who overfilled me and I never truly had restriction. Then I had the port drained when I became pregnant and had my baby. Now I am no longer able to afford to go 10 hours away to Miami for a fill. Does anyone know of a FL Panhandle dr who will fill a Swedish band performed in Mexico?? Dr.Lord in Pensacola wont do it because it is the Swedish band, even though it was just US approved. I have baby weight to lose and an expensive instrument(the band) that I cannot find soemone to fill!!! I am desperate and feeling like this was a mistake. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

I have been going to a doctor on the other side of New Orleans, it is 2 hours from Mobile where I live. Dr. Mando. He charges 180.00 but no floro. He and his nurse Sylvia are both real nice.

Go to fill centers usa, they have 4 locations in Florida. They charge 165 for fills. I've been pretty happy with them. I go to Charlotte,NC. I live in SC.

The only place you can get a fill anywhere near me in England, costs 800 USD a pop! Not including fluro. Thank goodness I'll be getting mine in the Middle East- a more reasonable 200 USD

My mother works for a Dr that does fills for 100.00 she is going to ask him if he will do another dr's fills

Hi Michelle

I was surfing this site looking for info on fills in Houston area and found your post though it is old. I hope you can help me. I am vacationing in Texas right now from Canada. I had surgery January 17/08 and one fill the end of Feb before we left for Louisiana. Does the doctor you mentioned still do $100 fills? Do you know an email address or phone number for him? Thankyou.

Lynda Wood

I had planned on an aftercare doc after I have my surgery in TJ, but when I had the money to pay them for a fill, I found out that their lawyers are deciding on wheather or not to take other docs patients. I called my second choice and low and behold, now they arent seeing other doctors patients. So, the first doctor I came to that would see me I made an appointment with. $325...Fill with no floro, he offered no nutritional advise or even what to eat after a fill. He is 3 hours away from me. I live in Mobile, Al so I can go to Panhandle of Florida, Mississippi or Louisiana. We get cheap airflights from here to Houston, but then I have to stay overnight and a taxi. HELP!!!! I know there has to be someone out there!!!

No, it's not. Docs around here charge way more than that. That's a bargain!

You mentioned their lawyers...that's hogwash! Business is business and there is no more 'risk' in doing a fill on a new patient than one they banded themselves. What's going on is ego.... practices are angry they are losing business to outsourcing and so the only thing they can do is to try to get docs together to not accept new patients banded elsewhere...hoping to 'penalize' those who do.

But we live in a mobile society. I've moved twice since being banded. So a doc won't treat me? Hogwash!

At $325 a fill, and you will need at least 2-5 fills.... add that cost w/ the price you paid in MX, you still are a winner!

No, it's not. Docs around here charge way more than that. That's a bargain!

You mentioned their lawyers...that's hogwash! Business is business and there is no more 'risk' in doing a fill on a new patient than one they banded themselves. What's going on is ego.... practices are angry they are losing business to outsourcing and so the only thing they can do is to try to get docs together to not accept new patients banded elsewhere...hoping to 'penalize' those who do.

But we live in a mobile society. I've moved twice since being banded. So a doc won't treat me? Hogwash!

At $325 a fill, and you will need at least 2-5 fills.... add that cost w/ the price you paid in MX, you still are a winner!

Totally agree.

Some doctors are greedy individuals and dirtbags just like a few others in society are the same.

There is always a cheaper alternative, sometimes you just have to hunt and dig for it.