Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2014 RNY/Bypass Post Op Support Group

Way to go! I'm getting nervous for my surgery on May 12th. How many nights were you in the hospital for?

Hello I am also scheduled May 12th in CA.

Good Luck to you tomorrow!!!! Keep us posted.

I am not hungry. I ended up writing a schedule so I know I can fit in meals, Vitamins, and medicines. The carafate is the worst since I can't take it 1 hour before meals and 2-3 hours after meals. Getting fluids in is tough. I have my sippy that I keep filled and try really hard to get my fluids in.

Not bad at all! They will give you a pump so you can hit the button to self medicate. They remove that usually sometime the next day and start. You on oral meds (liquids).

Hope that helps! They will also send you home with a pain med that's a liquid as well. I took mine twice when I got home and that was it! Good luck!

Good luck and God Bless to all those going in for surgery soon. And Happy Mothers Day to all our beautiful mothers out there!

I just wanted to say thank you for keeping your post op journey updated everyone. I am having my surgery next month and its very helpful to read everyone's post op journeys!!

I'm on day 11 - I have mostly got my energy back but riding around 75%. No pain since the hospital some discomfort but often fatigued. Water has been way easier to tolerate for me- I froze my water bottle and added lime juice. Sour but satisfying. Today I actually got 16 oz in. I'm getting a little bored if the limited diet too so I scrambled an egg for dinner. It sat ok in my stomach. I took off my bandages tonight and I have the tiniest scars. Two are still healing - the rest are tiny. Sat I switch over to purée foods. Yeah

Surgery is done. I slept the whole day. Pain isn't bad at all and I've all ready done walking. Going to be here for 1 more day. All went great and lost 25 lbs pre opp.

Day 6 post surgery.

Feel great. Drinking as much as I can.

Protein shakes as directed.

Things are going well, I think.

I have not gotten on a scale yet. Will only do that once a week. That will be tomorrow.

I'm 7 days post op and for the most part doing really well. My only complaint is that I'm so exhausted in the mornings that i can barely function until about 12:00. I don't understand how I can be so tired in the morning after a good night's sleep.

I did start drinking Smart Water as someone suggested I needed the extra electrolytes. I felt better this morning than I have, but now I'm right back where I could take a nap.

I'm down 20 lbs from when I started the pre-op and I'm averaging about 1 lb a day. It's boggling my mind how fast the weight is coming off. Not having any problems at all getting all my meals and Water in, but wish I could fit in more Protein.

Surgery is done. I slept the whole day. Pain isn't bad at all and I've all ready done walking. Going to be here for 1 more day. All went great and lost 25 lbs pre opp.

Congratulations on making it to the Loser's Bench!!!! Glad it went well. Just rest and take it easy

Hi all,

Thursday May 8th I has my Bypass, I came home on the Monday the 12th. Seems here in Australia our Drs keep us in longer than in the US. I couldn't imagine coming home on day two!

1st night home was an awesome sleep, last night I turned over & Far Out! It took me ALL night to get comfortable again and then I woke up feeling exhausted and sore like I'd gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson! But, I've managed 3/4 cup of warm boiled Water and 3/4 Mug of coffee. ????

I also had bypass May 5th. I am so thankful for you guys sharing your experiences. I am getting about 60 ounces of Fluid and about 50 grams of Protein per day. I am still taking the liquid Vicodin but not as often. I am going on 3 ten minute walks per day. Has anybody else had issues with back spasms? It started the first day. I am still a bit hunched not standing fully straight up.

May 6th was my surgery and home on May 8th. So far so good. Already off of my blood pressure medicine. Taking it day by day and will start soft foods this weekend.

I had my surgery on May 9th. I'm doing very well except for the fact that I am STARVING! I was hungry before the surgery and I still am. That's a little disheartening considering I expected to have little to no appetite. I feel like I could eat a solid meal without a problem. Waaaahhh!

Adubs2014

Are you feeling real hunger or is it "head hunger"? I'm on that liquid diet pre-op and I don't feel true, real hunger but I definitely feel head hunger because I want to eat something solid