Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2014 RNY/Bypass Post Op Support Group

Hi!

I feel real blessed that I can eat most foods and have no issues. I'm down 45 lbs since May 5. I've started working out with a trainer 2 days a week and walking 3 miles other days. I'm thrilled that I did this, it's a new lease on life. I feel great and every day seems to get better. Right now I have no cravings for sweets and ice cream. I know that may not last, but right now I'm very content. Good wishes to everyone! Linda

Hi everyone I had my RNY on May 19, doing great so far 88 pounds left until my idea eight, I am 4 months post out and will be 5 months on 10/19/14 I still can't tolerate eggs , cheese or dairy and work out 5 days a week during aerobics.

Hi great job cupcake! I have 26 pounds left until I am a normal bmi of 22. :) love my bypass. I can't tolerate fats, alcohol, more than 10 g of sugar at a time, processed and fried foods.. I pretty much can only eat healthy foods which is awesome!

Allielee Thanks and congrats on your weight lose as well keep up the great work.

Hi everybody I am so glad you posted back on this thread. I had surgery May 5th and I'm down 77 pounds. I have 23 more to go. I never dreamed I would be at this stage yet. I am a size 10 now started as an 18. I was wondering do any of you have tummy tenderness from time to time? The only thing I really struggle with is Constipation. But hopefully as I add more foods that will improve. Still doing Miralax and Metamucil...I do have a lazy bowel. One really neat thing. I was able to mentor my best friend and she just had her RNY. She did have melena...old rectal blood come out but it stopped. I'm afraid she is going to push it to fast but I hope she listens to her body.

I will be having my 6 month post op on a few weeks and praying that all my numbers and counts are good.

Hi everybody I am so glad you posted back on this thread. I had surgery May 5th and I'm down 77 pounds. I have 23 more to go. I never dreamed I would be at this stage yet. I am a size 10 now started as an 18. I was wondering do any of you have tummy tenderness from time to time? The only thing I really struggle with is Constipation. But hopefully as I add more foods that will improve. Still doing miralax and Metamucil...I do have a lazy bowel. One really neat thing. I was able to mentor my best friend and she just had her RNY. She did have melena...old rectal blood come out but it stopped. I'm afraid she is going to push it to fast but I hope she listens to her body.

I will be having my 6 month post op on a few weeks and praying that all my numbers and counts are good.

Congrats angel face!!!! I don't have any tenderness. I had my surgery may 21 and am down 58 I only have 23 left to go too! My goal weight is a normal bmi. Love it!

I had my surgery May 19/2014 and I am doing great , congrats to everyone on being healthy.

So glad you are doing great cupcake!!! I hit my normal bmi so trying to maintain and not lose much more.

Hi guys this is angelface. I am so glad to hear from you guys. My surgery was also May 5th, 2014. I have been doing great! I have already hit my doctor's goal (100 pound loss) and am currently working on my personal goal (11 pounds to go). I am trying to increase my muscle mass as well. I have been very involved with the Bariatric Center (university) I had surgery at. I love encouraging and supporting others. No deficiencies at all bloodwork looks great. Co-morbidities gone!