Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Three Year Follow Up Apptl

I think people who revise when they are very close to goal weight lose very slowly and are often disappointed. I had 100% EWL too and I know that is not typical for either virgin or revision sleevers who start at a 50+ BMI. However, I also know that revision people typically lose way more than 10# so that seems like a strange statement is all.

Anyway, good info, thanks for sharing!!!

went to my three year surgery follow up

not going to ask how you are doing - cuz the answer is obvious :)

there you are standing pretty at 3 year PO :)

how great are you??

newbies et al love/need to hear success stories from people like you that are anywhere PO from 1 to XXXX .....years

thanx for "paying it forward" with this great post, and all the other posts you make :)

Watch for birth control pill malabsorption????. :o

hmmmmm, hubby and i agree that the only "problem"/situation we could have would be a reproduction of grand-kids!!! :D

whats wrong with that?? :D

3 years +??? you are aces bud :)

keep up the great job for the rest of your healthier, happier longer life!!!

I know you will :)

celabratory (msp?) huggs :)

meet you at the Water cooler - i'm buying!!! ;)

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

Maybe the issue is going from RNY to DS OR the issue is 10% more, not 10 pounds more?

Surgeon did say specifically 10 lbs., not 10%. That's the average they see with revisions. But Kaise only does revisions for complications such as GERD and ulcers, not for unsatifactory weight loss. However, some people getting revisions have had unsatisfactory weight loss, in addition to the complication that led to the revision surgery. I don't think they do band to sleeve revisions. It's more sleeve to RNY to treat GERD or revision of an existing sleeve or RNY to treat ulcers.

Lynda

Ah ok. That would make some sense then. I'd have to look up to see what happened with Obesity Surgery if there is anything in there.

Great information!! Thanks for sharing;)

Thank you, Lynda for the great post. I've been away from BP for awhile and hopped on to do some research regarding ulcers. I was also sleeved through Kaiser but changed insurance. :( I didn't know they did revisions for ulcers, nor did I know that ulcers were a long term effect. OR I did know and simply forgot. Either way- thanks for the post!

three year surgery follow up

great info you sent :)

its been a while since you did this post

if my math is correct............which of course it is ;)

you are now 3.5 years PO :rolleyes:

that is so great!!! :)

update, update, update please???

newbies et al love to hear from "old timers" like you ;)

i also enjoy reading success stories

hope all is well :)

maintenance can be/is hard sometimes :blink:

take care bud

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Yes, I am 3.5 years out! Wahoo! I am struggling a bit after regaining some weight over the summer and slacking off over the recent holdiays. I'm 10 lbs. over goal. I'm still in the normal BMI range, but I'm trying 5:2 to get rid of the regain.

I'm also still wearing the same jeans, but with the extra pounds, they are snug!

Looking forward to getting back to goal. You can follow my progress on the 5:2 thread in the Vet's Forum. I'll be posting there every Monday with a weight check and report about the previous week.

I love life post-op. Still feeling great!

Lynda

Congratulations! You can get back to goal and have the power to do it. Thanks for checking in . It is wonderful to hear from people who are years post op and doing well. It inspires us newbies and those considering surgery to keep on track and it can be done!