Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Thanks Beckie! Yeah, I have come a long way... I think cause i started out with over 200 pounds to lose that I just get extra frustrated. So many people are either at goal or close to it, and I'm not even halfway yet!!

You are lucky that your MRSA has stayed localized! you must have an amazing immune system! And it is kind of ironic that you'lll have your port out on our bandiversary! I'll definatly be thinking about you!!! HUGS!

I started with over 200 pounds to lose too. Now I've lost 90 pounds and I feel great, but still so far to go, it's hard sometimes when so many others are so close to goal. But we can do it! Let's kick some butt and beat those statistics! :lol:

Suzzz, whadda ya mean kick your butt? You're MY inspiration! Soon, you'll be kicking mine when you're weighing less than me!!

Lol. Thanks. I'm just now at your initial starting weight... so we'll see.

I started with over 200 pounds to lose too. Now I've lost 90 pounds and I feel great, but still so far to go, it's hard sometimes when so many others are so close to goal. But we can do it! Let's kick some butt and beat those statistics! :lol:

I'm totally going to kick 'statistics ass'. lol I wanna be a SMO who makes it to goal and has PS and looks super fly!

Lol. Thanks. I'm just now at your initial starting weight... so we'll see.

I'm totally going to kick 'statistics ass'. lol I wanna be a SMO who makes it to goal and has PS and looks super fly!

Ya, right....and pretty soon you're going to super fly right by me!

What's a SMO schmo?

good morning gang!!

I went to see Sex and the City last night with a girlfriend. It was GREAT. I enjoyed it. I did get popcorn, but only ate half of it, but this morning the scale is up 3lbs!!!! I am so pi--ed! I really am getting frustrated with that square plate that delivers the sometimes BAD news!! the frustrating thing is that I have not been eating that much either, so I don't get it. okay...no more wining. I did have some positive stuff, fit into size 14 capris and dress pants. I was happy with that!

hope all is going well with you guys.. where has Stef been this week? Suzzie and Rhonda you are doing great and a positive support on here. Jamie that is outstanding!!

Hey guys sorry it's been so long since I been in here! We had a small fire at our house in March and it damaged our internet cables under the house! Soooo I feel like my right arm's been cut off!! I'm still loosing and proud of that!! I'm 11 months out and doing pretty good! Take care and hope to be back in here regularly soon!!

hi All - just checking in, we have had a very difficult but exciting weekend.

Friday call - we are closing on our house with 13 acres on Monday

Friday call on the way home from work - my daughter had fallen out of our 3rd floor apartment window. My husband had her in the car when I pulled in, we rushed her to the ER. She was having trouble breathing and in pain, but conscious. The ER nearest to us, put her in a c-collar and took some x-rays, but called Vanderbilt children's since she had fallen so far. They sent an ambulance for her. As we were going to the initial x-ray she stopped complaining about not being able to breathe and was not having any other issues. They put her on the backboard and got her ready to go, she was laughing and joking with us, nervous about the ambulance but being very brave. When she got to Vanderbilt, my husband said they treated her like a trauma - IV, blood gas, doctors everywhere. She had a CAT scan and after a long wait in ER we went to PICU. Through all this she has never cried, complained or anything. AMAZINGLY all she has is a small laceration on her spleen, no broken bones, no spinal injuries. she had to wear the c-collar all night until the neuroradiologist could clear her, so it was a restless night last night. They watched her overnight, drew her blood and sent her home today. The surgeon just said she needed to take it easy for a month.

She fell straight down and landed on her back, 1 inch away from a metal fence post that would have impaled her if she had been an inch over. Today she is fine, walking around with only minor discomfort and minimal bruising. Scary night, but everything is fine now.

weight wise - :laugh: is all I will say for now.

mj--so sorry to hear about daughter's injuries. Thank God that it wasn't very serious...only scary. Encourage her to get the rest like the doctor said. Her insides were probabl tossed around.

Holli--glad to see you checkin in.

ja9va---I know what you mean with the teetering scale!! Size 14 is great. I was happy today when I went to Dillard's department store today. When I buy pants, typically I wear a 16W because my thighs are larger than the rest of my body--so I go to the plus size for women. I wanted some white capri's. I was so encouraged when the sales lady said "Now what size do you wear????" She was about to show me to the misses session. Her face said it all--you're too small for this section--It was GREAT!!!

However, I am a realist---the 16W capris fit perfectly

I've moved from a size 22 to 16/L top and 16W pants

Janine, I know what you mean about that "square plate" lol. I've been trying to just weight once a week. What a PITB. I'm charting my weight with my Quest to lose the 40 pounds. So far so good. I think it's just making the conscious effort that is working for me. I wanna fit in those 16's sooooooo bad!

Holli, I'm so sorry about your house fire. Thank gawd it wasn't worse. You're doing awesome.

Missy, what a horrible scare for you. I'm so glad your daughter is going to be okay. It sounds like she got the wind knocked out of her really good. It sounds like you handled the stress, but I can't imagine how terrifying that would have been. How old is your daughter?

Hi HankFrank and other Junies

I am feeling great thanks! I am a horse rider and have been regulary riding for the last 6 months (as soon as I'd lost enough weight!). I also really enjoy walking and have been trying to get as much excercise as possible... it's been very cold here though... roll on spring!

I am very motivated again and have started losing weight which is fab, just had my 1 year bandiversary and although I would've liked to have been at goal I know that I will get there soon and be able to stay there forever!

The band is working exactly as it should now... I thought that I had 9cc in a 10cc band but when I went to see my doc he said that I had 7cc and gave me another .5... finally I know what restriction is and I just love it, amazing that .5cc could make all the difference :-)

I hope that you and everyone else are doing great... it's been one hell of a year... but I wouldn't change my decision to get banded for anything!

Happy Bandiversary to all Junies

KT

Wow Missy!! How scary for you! Sounds to me like God was with your DD when she fell. It's amazing she wasn't more hurt!

I just got home from a 3 day weekend family reunion in Arkansas. I'm exhausted, and think I'm getting a cold. Ugh. I ate crappily too. But, before I left Friday morning I bought a new pair of jeans in a size 22... which is amazing for me!!

OK. I'm off to bed early..

GO SUZZZIE!!!! Doesn't it feel great to buy smaller clothes????????

kat--Happy banderversary!!!!! 17 days to go until my day!!!

Where is Stef???

Missy - what a blessing that it turned out to be so minor!!

Suzzzie - woooohoooo!!!!! You have had amazing results this year and you look FABULOUS!!!! :lol:

I can't believe that it's been almost a year!!!! Time has flown by :thumbup:

Anyone up for a 1 year pic thread?

Where is Stef? - hope your doing ok Texas chica!!

Case of the missing Stef - I know she must be alive, cause she sent me a Text at about midnight last night...

I'm up for 1 yr pix! Mine is the 15th. I do pix probably that day. Lol. That give me 2 weeks to try to lose a couple more pounds. Haha!

Hello Junies!

I hope some of you remember me....I sure remember many of you and keep you close at heart!!! BigBaby..thank you for your message. That meant so much!!!! :lol:

I'm looking at all these tickers and I'm just amazed!!!! You all are doing soooooo fantastic! Way to go! One year looks good on you! I'm so very proud of you, for you and couldn't be happier for you....I know it couldn't have been super easy!

I wish I had some milestones to Celebrate, too, but I never did "click" with the band. I had a hard time tolerating foods....lots of pbing, sliming, etc. so I had all my fill removed. I'm much happier, but don't have any weight loss to report. <sigh> So I have regret, but I'm doing fine!

Just wanted to say I'm still your biggest cheerleader and sorry I don't tell you enough how proud I am, etc....just know I keep you in my thoughts! :smile2:

XOXOXOXO,

Toni